The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

June's Summertime Scents

The clamshell tarts from Sugar and Spice are doing the same thing, and I just received them a few days ago. They are so gooey that I had to scoop out the wax, and I can see some white on the bottom of the plastic. I wonder if it is just the heat because they are suppose to be separated and the wax is like one smooth layer on the top.

[smilie=th_scratch]

Have you gotten clamshells before? Most of them will be one smooth layer on top and not fully separated into six cubes - I always have to sort of 'score' or slice them. With harder wax I can pop the whole bar out and snap off the cubes I need, but generally speaking they start with a single top layer. You may have meant something else though....

S&S wax tends to be softer than most in general, BTW. Also, is the white you are seeing on the actual plastic or on the wax? That's not unusual with soy if it's on the wax.

Mom, the white was in the wax, but with such a weak throw along with it, I e-mailed S&S, and she said that the heat would affect the throw, and the tarts running together. It is my first time to order her clamshells, so I expected to have to score them, but I didn't expect such a gooey mess. She said that is one reason why she has switched to the tart cups. She was very nice, and said she would send blueberry again with my next order. Summer must be a hard time for etailers with the heat, and I really sympathize with them. They sure can't control the weather. Have a nice day!

Good Morning! Todays its YC Evening Primrose (1st time trying this scent) in the bedroom, and YC Sun and Sand in the living room.

Pennies from heaven didn't stand a chance going head to head with Bella Bug Boutique's Raindance.

I dumped the powdery, perfumy Pennies from Heaven and replaced it with the other half of Raindance. Nice and fresh.

Uh-oh. I hear thunder. No, I really do.

Heart2Heart....is the name of the candle company Deejay's? I love that scent and I can never find one strong enough.

Guest Anonymous
Nothing yet. I am getting so bad at melting this summer.

Well......get melting Rembran! lol That's the solution to your lockdown. Ummmmm.....change the melts about 10 X day.......take 5 or 6 baths/showers a day.....

VOILA!!!!! - need MORE stuff in no time!!!!! :?

Melting Crosscreek's scones & cinnamon butter. One of my fav's.

Good morning!

sweet, I love Crosscreeks Scones and Cinnamon Butter too! Yum!

We are enjoying Candle Haven's Birthday Cake....love the little sprinkles on the tart!

Guest Anonymous
Love the new avatar, Rembran

Thanks! I like your pretty pink flower too. I am on a semi-diet and the cupcakes are speaking to me. lol

Semi-diet, tart and bath and body lockdown......sigh

Guest Anonymous
Nothing yet. I am getting so bad at melting this summer.

Well......get melting Rembran! lol That's the solution to your lockdown. Ummmmm.....change the melts about 10 X day.......take 5 or 6 baths/showers a day.....

VOILA!!!!! - need MORE stuff in no time!!!!! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Melting Crosscreek's scones & cinnamon butter. One of my fav's.

Oh yeah, that'll work.... Then he'll complain about the water bill being too high. lol

With my crazy boys, I'm lucky to get one shower a day. lol

Maybe I could burn all the poopy scented tarts that DH doesn't like and tell him that's all I have left. ROFL :lol:

Rembran, the avatar is wonderful!

Semi-lockdown. Gotta love it! Is that anything like my modified Nutrisystem diet?

Sheba's Secrets - Pink Sugarberries and Raspberry Tomato Leaf. No scent throw from either one. I've had them a while, though. Off to find replacements.

I have Raspberry and Tomato Leaf on too. Mine is from candledippers though. Nice throw. Also put in Berry Pink from CDippers in the bedroom.

Raindance is fading but still has a bit of scent left.

CHC Pink Sugar. I don't think I am a Pink Sugar fan.... anyone else?

I love Pink Sugar, but can only take it in small doses, LOL.

Changed my Sheba's stuff to: Columbian Coffee (this is pretty strong and true) and Fresh Baked Cookies (smells more like fresh baked bread, but it's good. Mild throw).

CHC Pink Sugar. I don't think I am a Pink Sugar fan.... anyone else?

I do like Cottage Hill's Pink Sugar... it is a mellow version compared to some. Although I like Pink Sugar... I have to be in the mood for it and can only take a little at a time. I also like some of the Pink Sugar mixes.... a little at a time, once in awhile.

I added Candle Haven's Lavender Vanilla to one of my melters... nice! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]