The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilovescentedthings

Silver Bells, Christmas Smells

My box from Carol just came! A little Christmas give from moi to me. I work everyday with no holidays or days off and am on call 24/7/365 as mommy so I think I deserve a little something.

I'm taking a quick break from the holiday scents to try out a new one...Blackberry Jam Flapjacks. It's sooooooo good! I'm very very very happy and excited with this one.

Hi girls,

LLVV I just got a Christmas gift in the mail from my buddy and there were some yummy scents in there from Carol. We love Carol too. How was your snow over there? Riverhead got hit bad. I think we are going back to school tomorrow, no closing yet. Its our last day and then vacation.

I want to wish everyone a wonderful joyous holiday with all your loved ones. I hope to be back and posting more now that vacation is nearing. I miss reading all your posts and leaving posts as well.

I must catch up on what you guys have all been up to, buying or trying.

This evening I am burning Sugared Spruce (computer room) and Crepe Myrtle (in the bathroom) by CBV. I ordered a black marble candle warmer from Victoria as well and cannot wait to try it out (xmas gift) with some new yummy melts from her, SSS,Carol and Nene. Gosh I love my melting addiction. It's just so darn fun and makes me smile, trying new scents and old favorites.

Night guys!

[smilie=th_drinks]

Forgot I am also burning CBV Let it Snow and YC Christmas Wreath, which is the only pure pine type scent I like. I usually only burn/melt sugared spruce or PS Spruce etc. Christmas Wreath from YC has always been a favorite of mine, along with Christmas cookie. These two candles are throwing well, but they are a few years old and been packed away each year. I hear the new ones are not so great.

Hey Maurie - We got a lot of snow...around 15 inches but I can't really tell because in some spots I can almost see the grass and in others there are mountains as high at 5 feet. Schools were closed yesterday and had a 2 hour delay this morning.

You guys are killing me with all the Little Red Riding Hood talk!

Tonight I have two candles going...

YC Sparkling Pine

YC Holiday Bayberry

For melts, I have...

Crosscreek Berry Christmas...forgot how much I love this one!

Almost Country Balsam...smells more like a bayberry scent to me....love it.

Hi All!

There was no melting for me today. I was out all day doing some last minute shopping, We met DH for dinner in the city and had a wonderful time.

You all seem to have had some great scents going today. Tomorrow I need to head out to NJ to pick up some more gifts. I still need some stocking stuffers and then have to finish up the wrapping. I can't believe that Christmas is here on Friday!

It is such a busy time of year!

Good morning! There's nothing like a thunderstorm a couple of days before Christmas! Gotta love this Missouri weather! I took a different approach to my melting than you did, Trep-

I went with mostly Christmas inspired scents to keep me in the "mood" [smilie=th_drinks]

Frankincense & Myrrh-Anam Cara Candles

Gingerbread Pancakes-CYS

Pink Candy Cane-Haley's

Holiday Wassail-Cottage Hill

Midnight Fantasy-LOL

Mantrum-Grumpy Girl

Lemon Lavendar-The Soap Diva

Hope you are all having a great "pre holiday" week and getting lots accomplished before your celebration day(s).

stockingsmiley1-1.gif Good morning peeps!

Finished all my wrapping last night after the boys went to bed....got a little help from a nice little egg nog and hazelnut Kahlua concoction DH surprised me with...yum.

Today the boys and I are going to make spritz cookies. I am also going to make a cheesecake.

I am melting some bakery scents this morning...

CHC ~ Granny's Cornbread ~ so different and I really like it.

SSS ~ Cinnamon Cupcakes ~ just started, cold smell is awesome.

I will put on some Christmas scents and music a little later on while we are baking.

Cat and trep, that weather sure sounds crazy for this time of year. I need to go look up the scent description for Mantrum, cat!

Aria, that's a cute stocking emoti.

I'm still making my way through the Christmas scents. It's no chore, since I like them all.

YC - Autumn Fruit

YC - Christmas Cookie

YC - Holiday Sage jar

YC - Christmas Cupcake jar (last day)

YC - Mountain Pine jar (last day)

Morning melts...these are moderate in strength:

CHC winterberry wreath..doubled up

Cinnamoncreekcountrycandles Christmas kitchen

I went to two different Kohl's this week to buy some more of the Simply Home holiday season tarts. Both stores were completely sold out of them [smilie=th_drinks]

Everyone's scents sound so festive...luv it! [smilie=th_drinks]

Having a bake-a-thon today....pizzelles, candy cane, sugar cookies, walnut walkaways. I'd rather play.... :roll: :lol:

Melting CFTKR's Sugar Crunch Latte.

Good Morning All!

ilove~ I wish I saved some of that "Little Red Riding Hood" for you...but I tossed the whole thing when the scent was exploding all over my home. I even had to empty the garbage because the odor would fly into your face when you opened the garbage can.

Sweet~ pizzelles??? YUMMY!!!! Your baking sounds delicious!!

I've been making chocolate (that I can't eat...) and this year I decided to use a mini muffin tin...My Dad came over and said..."Hey..are you making those candle thingies yourself now?"...too cute....wish it were true they really do look like tarts.

It's been a CYS marathon around here lately...melting all the Christmas tarts from the sampler...so yummy.

Realms of Glory in LR

Heavenly Peace in K

Love Came Down at Christmas in BR

Have a nice one everyone.

I know I'm late but... [smilie=th_drinks] HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATZ!!!!

Guest ilovescentedthings

Maggie Mae,that is ok. Its on my list and now you all got me wondering about it.

Were melting in the girls room our very first tart from LOL .Its christmas apple and oh my goodness I am so in love with it. Out in the family room were burning again illuminations candy cane and yc jack frost..Bathroom has a candle in it called maple cream by candle lite. For a cheap brand the throw is so awesome and the candle has burned evenly all the way down too.

Gooooood morning, friends!

I'm melting Busy Bee's Splinters & Rags (not CFTKR) from a CF Buddy. Thank you so much! I love this one! [smilie=th_drinks]

I'm finishing up my cleaning today. Not fun, not interesting, but definitely necessary. If you saw this place, you'd agree! :lol:

Enjoy the anticipation, everybody!

Gail

edited to correct vendor.

This morning I'm finishing up Blackberry Jam Flapjacks and Blueberry Flapjacks. After those 2 are done I'll be back to Christmas scents. I can feel the excitement of Christmas' arrival!

Aria- she doesn't have it up on the site yet. This is a sample and it's pretty good. The closest I can describe it is similar to koolaid. The fruit punch kind-not as strong as LOL's Kool Punch, but is a nice addition to the other stuff going on around here.

Trep-no freezing yet here, but it looks like we are bullseye for yuck on Christmas eve. I hope its not as bad as they say, because my family will not come down if its snowing-or the streets aren't clear. We'll have to keep watching and waiting.

Replaced the pancakes with

Fireside-CFTKR

Good afternoon all!

Couldn't decide if I should melt anything and try and compete w/the anise scent in the pizzelle cookies. [smilie=th_aola]...not melt anything? [smilie=th_december2201661-1] Yeah..that was my thought, too. [smilie=th_cc8] Just put on HOT's Ice Cream Parlor from a friend.

Cat--I thought you might be in the eye of this mess coming up tomorrow. I hope it misses all of us. They think we might get some too but are not sure what. Kind of keeps a gal on edge.

This afternoon I am back to winter with Yankee Simply Home Christmas Treats. I am busy cleaning house so best get back to it.

Cookie baking scents for now....

YC jars ~ Sparkling Pine and Jack Frost...mixing great with the cookie smell!

Maggie, I had to chuckle at your dad's observation! Cute....my DH calls my melters "scenting thingys"...hehe Awhile back, he was getting ready to paint the guest room and was clearing everything out....comes up to me carrying the melter I keep in there and says "Where do you want me to put the scenting thingy?"

Cat, thanks for the scent description on the Mantrum...sounds like a good scent.

Maggie - your dad's comment was so funny.

I started out the day melting Christmas Wish from Ten Digit Creations. It smelled good but the throw was incredibly light. I had to practically stick my nose in the wax to smell it. I am now melting Strawberry Noel from SSS. This scent is the exact opposite - it is very strong.