The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

August's Molten Melts

Sillysmom...I have melters where the light has gone out but have not had any problems with them working properly. I have found it rather common among mine since I hasve them on continuously. HOWEVER, if you do not feel comfortable with it, you should not use it.

On to the melts. Trying some more combo tarts from Cheryl

LR....Raspberry Cordial/Vanilla Bean Noel

Comp Room...Buttery Gingerbread/ Macintosh Apple

Have a great weekend everyone. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Makes sense that the bulbs would go out on these things, but the actual heating element be fine.

Tonight I am enjoying SSS Glazed Orange Cake (I think thats the name) and burning my CBV Coconut Praline candle STILL. I just keep trimming the wick and relighting. Its taking awhile to get a wax pool going and you know "candles have memory"...........LOL

Have a great night everyone and an even better weekend.

Good evening everyone!

My house smells so good and it's not from a tart or candle....I have a roast beef cooking. Mmmm...it will be done shortly.

After we eat I plan on melting Pumpkin Cappuccino and Apple Flapjack from Carol. I'll be burning YC's Buttercream and Lemon Lavender.

Edit: I forgot to mention...I've had the light bulb go out on mine after leaving it on for a very long time. The wax was still liquidy so I'm guessing that it was still on. I unplugged it and later put it back on. The light came back on but I ended up replacing the melter because I wasn't sure how good it was at that point. I think it lasted 6 months. I just replaced it 2 weeks ago. For some odd reason, the new one doesn't seem to get as hot as the old one. Strange.

I am terrible at describing scent notes S & S, I can smell a spicy note, not overpowering, but subtle, and kinda also a flannel or cotton scents. This is a very relaxing scent and not hit you in the face, but it does throw and scent the room very well. I really love it when I'm trying to wind down. Anyone else have anything to offer that has tried Old Blue Jeans from Candledippers?

Congratulations to Barbita on her DH asking her to place an order! [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep] That is terrific! Maybe it will happen to me someday, but I will not hold my breath!

I have decided that more of my anxiety for school starting has less to do with me going back to my class than my daughter going to kindergarten! AHHHHH!! Plus, when we went to my school today the marching band was practing in the hallway and when they finished I cheered... and my four year old told me I was embarrassing him. [smilie=th_00000020] I thought I didn't have to worry about that until middle school.

It is stormy here again tonight. I put on Pumpkin Spice from Carol a few minutes ago, and it is already pretty strong. Lots of cinnamon, little bit of pumpkin.

Congratulations to Barbita on her DH asking her to place an order! [smilie=th_bb40] That is terrific! Maybe it will happen to me someday, but I will not hold my breath!

I have decided that more of my anxiety for school starting has less to do with me going back to my class than my daughter going to kindergarten! AHHHHH!! Plus, when we went to my school today the marching band was practing in the hallway and when they finished I cheered... and my four year old told me I was embarrassing him. [smilie=th_00000020] I thought I didn't have to worry about that until middle school.

It is stormy here again tonight. I put on Pumpkin Spice from Carol a few minutes ago, and it is already pretty strong. Lots of cinnamon, little bit of pumpkin.

Your post made me laugh talk about growing up too fast!! [smilie=th_cray] You got to love them though!!

Burning BG creamy peach crumb cake this is long lasting and yummy

Have a great night everyone [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Gail - I understand your situation...I avoid cleaning so I can keep the tart smell in the house instead of cleaning products! (It is a pretty good excuse, actually!)

Tonight's line up:

Cheryl's Lime Kiwi - mouth watering

CFTKR - old, Willow and White Tea. Nice and clean, but not too strong

-and-

My newest vendor, Bad Kitti: Lavender Martini.

Debra, YC Pacific Coast is one I found at Marshalls. It is a green, fresh grassy scent with some seaspray, similar to Dune Grass but sweeter.

You've got me interested in your new find...Bad Kitti. What a great name. I want to check it out just for that reason alone. I got a Lavender Martini scent from Bissy's in this last order. Can't wait to melt it. Cold sniff was really nice.

======

LLVV - I just made your Pot Roast recipe yesterday. It was so yummy! I made it into beef stew though. Good stuff. Thanks for the recipe.

======

I always thought the little light turned on while the melter was heating up and then turned off when it reached it's target temperature. Who knows?

BG - Vanilla Berry Cream Puffs has been going strong all day long. Really strong and good.

added CD - Southern Memories on the other side of the house. (a favorite)

Thanks, jules...that sounds much better than the Pacific coast really smells, LOL!

I am also a CD Southern Memories fan.

So far I am very happy with Bad Kitti - super customer service! The postman sent my package back as undeliverable (for reasons known only to him/her), and she quickly emailed, confirmed addresses and got it right to me. My mailbox smelled amazing - so I am hoping they are wonderful when they melt.

Guest ilovescentedthings
Good evening everyone!

My house smells so good and it's not from a tart or candle....I have a roast beef cooking. Mmmm...it will be done shortly.

After we eat I plan on melting Pumpkin Cappuccino and Apple Flapjack from Carol. I'll be burning YC's Buttercream and Lemon Lavender.

Edit: I forgot to mention...I've had the light bulb go out on mine after leaving it on for a very long time. The wax was still liquidy so I'm guessing that it was still on. I unplugged it and later put it back on. The light came back on but I ended up replacing the melter because I wasn't sure how good it was at that point. I think it lasted 6 months. I just replaced it 2 weeks ago. For some odd reason, the new one doesn't seem to get as hot as the old one. Strange.

speaking of beef. Who was the person who got that pot roast tart?

did you ever melt it? was it authentic?

Tonite's melt is Can-Do Lemongrass & Olive....getting ready to head off to beddy bye.

This is the so odd. This is the first time I have put on tarts that other people have put on before me.

Earlier it was SSS and now it is CFTKR

Front: CFTKR ~ Pumpkin Spice ~ didn't know I had it until my husband pulled it out of a 5 quart and said he'd like to melt this one tonight.

Back: CFTKR ~ Caramel Sugar Crunch ~ one of our FAVORITES. I have bags of this one.

Cisley

Tonight's tart is LOL Raspberry Mint Jelly. It smells nice and fresh and the mint helps keep my sinuses clear.

Good Morning!

Starting out on this very warm day with Honeydew Lemonade from The Spotted Hog...this is so good! Hope everyone enjoys the weekend. [smilie=th_smilies-1]

Good Saturday Morning!

It is going to be a beautiful day. Starting off with CFTKR Vanilla Lime in 2 melters. Carol's Orange Caramel Crumble from yesterday was just fantastic. I am starting to go through Carol's stash. Hopefully next month I can place an order for her fall scents.

[smilie=th_smilies-1]

Good morning everyone.

GG - Cream de la Cream (a little too cream cheesy for my taste)

CD - Agave Lime (Fantastic scent - would be good in B&B too)