The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

August's Molten Melts

[smilie=th_anyminute] Good morning everyone. Along with my A.M. coffee, I'm melting SSS, Pineapple Supreme. It smells juicy delicious. :P

Have a great day!

Barbara

sweet&spiceygrl: Wow, that was back in March, I believe. I just remember getting a baker's bar from her and it did nothing for us. I would have to say fragrance, because the ONE thing I am looking for is a fragrance just like Illuminations. The closest, so far, has been Crosscreek but it was too light. Deana made some stronger and it was better but if I can find one that is as fragrant as Illuminations, that would be great.

Sunday Morning Melts:

Front: Crosscreek ~ Fresh Sliced Lemons ~ this is spot on and fantastic

Back: Nene's ~ Bodacious Blueberry ~ I think Crosscreek has taken over back here too. I am not smelling much Blueberry any more.

If you are looking for a clean fresh lemon smell, this is it. No bakery, no sweetness, just fresh lemons.

Cisley

Yahooooo! I found some of Nene's Eggnog. [smilie=th_anyminute] Nuthin better to do on a hot, sultry summer day than go thru your stash, right? :P Just put it on to cook & will report back the results. Research! :lol: Cisley - I'd be glad to send some off to U, email me if you'd like to try it.

Sweet. I can't think of anything more fun than sorting through a scent stash. since early this morning I've had on Lather's & Lights Honey & Citrus. It was wonderful.

This afternoon's scents are:

HoT - White Fudge Cookies

WG - White Cherry Cheesecake hearth candle

Banana Nut Bread cupcake candle from Candle Confections

Hi everyone,

I'm off to take those deviled eggs to my unemployed son and his family in a bit, but right now I'm melting BG's Bellissima Bella. It's so good, I feel like dancin'! [smilie=th_anyminute]

Have a lovely day, buddies!

Gail

Happy Sunday, everyone. Not melting or burning anything this afternoon because I have to go to work in a couple hours, so I'm just on here reading and drooling about what everybody else is melting today. Can't wait until tonight after work. I'm off tomorrow, so I will stay up late melting tarts and burning candles!

Finished up Can-Do's Sugar Butt this morning. Right now, I have one lone candle burning...Slatkin's Beachside....very beachy smelling!

Ok, now it's the afternoon and the sun is shining in Western WA and my husband is pruning the Juniper (which I am so glad I am allergic to) and I am taking it easy.

Front melt: SSS ~ Mango Papaya ~ smells great

Back melt: Crosscreek ~ Pink Kisses ~ just started ~ will report back later (if anyone cares)

Sweet&Spiceygrl: Did you get my e-mail?

Cisley

Hello everybody! We had a minor disaster this morning... after emptying our the crockpot from last nights corned beef & cabbage [smilie=th_00000020] I started the garbage disposal only to find it spewing out from underneath the sink! :lol: What a stinky, disgusting mess! So, sent the DH to the hardware store, and thank goodness for Carol's tarts. Pumpkin Royale is saving the entire house from smelling like nasty cabbage!

Hello everybody! We had a minor disaster this morning... after emptying our the crockpot from last nights corned beef & cabbage [smilie=th_00000020] I started the garbage disposal only to find it spewing out from underneath the sink! :lol: What a stinky, disgusting mess! So, sent the DH to the hardware store, and thank goodness for Carol's tarts. Pumpkin Royale is saving the entire house from smelling like nasty cabbage!
Oh no! I can't think of a worse food to be spewing out from under the sink. I like to eat it, but the next day smell...not so good.

Thank goodness you have some strong tarts.

Switched out the HoT for Harvest Glow Oatmeal Cookie (smells good, cinnamony)

Oh yuck! That really is disgusting. I remember making corned beef & cabbage in the crockpot. It was the same night that I got the stomach flu. I didn't eat it but I remember how the smell made me sick to my stomach after getting over the heebie jeebies. I layed down in the living room all by myself with my hand coverin my nose wishing DH would finish his frickin dinner.

I just lit up Carol's Cherry Vanilla Swirl. I made a minor online YC purchase. They had a Christmas glass melter on sale for $6.88. I got the last one. I actually wanted to order 2 but they only had 1 in stock. I ordered some tea lights and 4 votives and used a $10 off coupon to make it worth the shipping cost.

Hey, it's me again....kind of a lazy day around here. After our big day at the waterpark yesterday, DH & I are wiped out! The boys recovered with no problem. I think it's all the stair climbing to get to the top of the waterslides! Whew!

I blew out the Slatkin Beachside from earlier and am trying to decide what to put on now. I am thinking Busy Bee Honey Gingerbread.

It's me again too! I guess we're both having lazy boring days, Aria.

Tonight's after dinner melts are: CFTKR's Cherry Vanilla Swirl and Toffee Pecan Pie. I'm about the burn out the tea light for the cherry one since we're heading out for a sunset walk. After I put DD to bed, I'll light up Toffee Pecan Pie.

LLVV... Cherry Vanilla Swirl sounds wonderful! Wonder if she has any of those right now? I basically ordered Pumpkin, Pumpkin, and More Pumpkin! Now, I loved the Pumpkin Royale while it was melting, but since it has gone out my LR has a very incense-y kind of smell to it. Not necessarily bad, but weird, and a bit smokey. Still beats the pants off of cabbage! It will be a LONG time before I give in and make him that again for dinner! We are heading out to a birthday party, so I will pick out one last melt of my summer vacation when I get home.

darlingj1 - last melt of your summer vacation? :lol: That must mean you go back to teaching school tomorrow? Geez, I have a hard time going back to work after one week off, can't imagine going back after having the summer off. Hope you and the other teachers/school workers on here have a fantastic year!

Ok, after melting Nene's Eggnog this afternoon, I think Cheryl's was just as good. Granted, it's hot here and the fans are going, so I may not get the same throw I get in the winter, but.....melting both, back to back, I liked them equally. [smilie=th_00000020] Don'tcha love research? :?

Have now changed over to Cheryl's Grandma's Kitchen. Good, but (to me) a little on the

light side. Of course, my sense of smell may also be off due to the Eggnog marathon I've been having...... :lol:

I'm melting YC Cream Brulee. I bought this before I realized that I do not like any vendors Cream Brulee. It just smells burnt to my nose :? YC is the only one that I remotely like.

:lol: [smilie=th_00000020] maybe it's because it is not as strong as the others.

Barbara