The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Hello

I thought I would take a moment and introduce myself per Christina's request. I am the Toni that won Aprils Candlefind drawing. The gifts are just wonderful and I can't say enough about the kindness of the vendors who donate. It will give me a chance to try a few companies that I have been curious about.

A little bit about me. I am a mom of a son 23, daughter 21, son 17 (18 in a few weeks), daughter 7. I have been married almost 26 years. I am a new grandmother of a little boy.....my oldest daughter's. I started burning candles when I lost my mother 5 1/2 years ago at the age of 66. A lot of trauma followed after also. I guess I was looking to fill a void or something, but anyway that is how it all started. I guess that about sums it up. I am not a very exciting person. :lol: :shock:

I would like to send a special Hello to "Slpit". I emailed you back at the end of March but I never heard from you. I hope all is well with you and yours!!

Guest tammye
:shock: I hope you enjoy your time here on the boards. Get ready for us all to influence you.

Hi Toni,

Congratulations on your big win! It's nice to here from one of the wilnners. The prize package looks amazing each month.

I'm glad you have started to post on the boards. Collecting and burning candles and melts is a fun hobby. It's good to find others who share our interests. I'm sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is devastating. I think that burning candles is very relaxing and stress relieving. For me, it helps me gather my thoughts by focusing on one single simple pleasure - a candle's flame.

:shock:

Guest Anonymous

Thank you all for such a warm welcome!!! I have already received a lot of good tips from reading your posts on your favorite vendors. You all seem like a very nice group of people. I probably can't explain my likes and dislikes as well as some of you do, but my nose knows what it likes or not.

Hi Toni.....I'm new also. Welcome to the forum! Everyone is really nice here and very helpful!

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

We are glad you decided to come in and stay a while. There are a lot of great people on this board,with FABULOUS ideas and smells. We are not only scent obsessed,but a wonderful support system for each other. Have fun-and please share all of your thoughts on wax! We are all bath and body junkies as well!

Guest Anonymous

Hi Toni,

First,WELCOME to the boards.. Sit back and be prepared to become even more addicted to wax...LOL..Oh well, it could be WAY worse!

I'm sorry about your mom ! I can relate.My mom's anniversary of her death is quickly approaching( May 31st). She was 55.. It 's never the same and I definately felt trauma and still do..Anyway, I hope you love it here as much as I do! Have a GREAT week! Sincerely,Melissa

Guest Anonymous

Thank you ALL for the kind words and welcome. This seems like a great group of people that I hope I can get to know better! I hope everyone is enjoying their Monday so far.

I thought I would take a moment and introduce myself per Christina's request. I am the Toni that won Aprils Candlefind drawing. The gifts are just wonderful and I can't say enough about the kindness of the vendors who donate. It will give me a chance to try a few companies that I have been curious about.

A little bit about me. I am a mom of a son 23, daughter 21, son 17 (18 in a few weeks), daughter 7. I have been married almost 26 years. I am a new grandmother of a little boy.....my oldest daughter's. I started burning candles when I lost my mother 5 1/2 years ago at the age of 66. A lot of trauma followed after also. I guess I was looking to fill a void or something, but anyway that is how it all started. I guess that about sums it up. I am not a very exciting person. :lol: [smilie=th_confused3]

I would like to send a special Hello to "Slpit". I emailed you back at the end of March but I never heard from you. I hope all is well with you and yours!!

Oh, Toni, I feel so bad. I saved your message so i could reply and I did not. I will do that. So glad that you are here...It all came together when you posted under my package received report. What a wonderful addition to our group.

Guest Anonymous

Slpit,

No problem! I was just so worried that I had done something.....and I never wanted to offend you! You are a sweet person with a very kind heart. I feel better now knowing that it was just a mix up. I guess I should have been a little clearer so you would understand who I was. I guess I get the dunce hat. lol (((HUGS))) to you!!!!! Have a great evening!!

Guest Anonymous

Thank you so much wearefamily97 for the welcome. A great big welcome right back at you! Have a wonderful day.

Hi Toni, it's nice to have you join us and thank you for sharing so much about yourself. This is how we get to know each other. Cat is 100% correct when she says we have become a great support system for each other. You may be interested in reading the Hodge Podge section of this forum where we explain Lighting the Blue. This may be a little ritual you would be interested in doing.

Please post often ! Congrats on the Big Win ! :lol: