The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Mega-scenting MAYnia!

Thanks everyone for welcoming me back--my dad's internet and computer are so slow it was hard to post much.

Cat--my family had the same power problems yesterday that you are having today. I wasn't here , of course, but it was off and on and all that stuff.. It must be all the storms our poor state has been enduring this year. Living in the country--I know exactly what you are talking about.

I have added a CHC Lilac Bouquet in the bath and my Wal Mart lilac candle that I've been burning on vacation in the upstairs bath so it smells very floral in here.

Have a great night everyone.

I started the day today woth Honney Butter from crosscreek, Canary Island banana YC and Pinneapple Mango from BBW.

I switched later to Juicy Watermelon form YC, which was OK.

But then we got a storm and I was feeling this is a good time to try some men's cologne type of scent so I put on Midnight Cove from YC.

After someone recommended YC Midsummer night I was eager to try this type and got Midnight Cove which seemed to me a lit lighter but still sort of the same.

I have never heard anybody talking about that one.

Guest tammye

Glad to see you back Trep. I bet it was hard knowing those little packages were just sitting there waiting on you. :lol:

Cat, is that Rainforest candle from Yankee? I've been curious about the throw on that one since I smelled it in the store.

DesertRose, that Midnight Cove does smell alot like Midsummer's Night. I remember I said I thought Cottage Breeze smelled like Midsummer, but I was confusing it with Midnight Cove. They are very similar.

Welcome back, Trep! Hope you had a good time.

Finishing up my votive, Aged Merlot, from Evening Eclipse. Baked Apple Pie candle from Northen Maine - yummy and strong! Caribbean Getaway melts - Cathy's Candles.

Cat, is that Rainforest candle from Yankee? I've been curious about the throw on that one since I smelled it in the store.

Jason-

This is a Mia Bella.

Cat--my family had the same power problems yesterday that you are having today. I wasn't here , of course, but it was off and on and all that stuff.. It must be all the storms our poor state has been enduring this year. Living in the country--I know exactly what you are talking about.

Trep- You are glad you weren't here. We were without power for 3 hours last night. Of course, the kids woke up in the middle of it-flipping out because it was so dark. Once I got the kids settled in to my bed,they couldn't sleep. Then when I yelled-"I just wish there was some light around here!" The lights came back on. The kids thought I had magical powers! Today it was on and off for a few hours,but has been back on and okay since 1 or so.

It looks like rain is coming in again-batten down the hatches!

Cat... I hope you get power soon... although I am sure your house looks nice all lit up with candles!

I have to clean the melter out... then probably Candle Haven's Jamaica Me Crazy... :lol:

Thanks fleur-it has been cozy!

Hi Nancy!

I just punched the button on the YC Scentstories - I have many melters to clean out tonight...but I am disappointed in this disc. The spa scents were wonderful. This one is vanillas and I am not getting much scent. Wonder if they trade these as it is really hard to tell if they have been used (unlike a burned candle!)

Debra, I agree about the Spa Day Scentstories disc. I have that one now and it is great! Too bad about the vanilla one.

Well, since I had Spiced Pumpkin going all day, when it pooped out, I decided to keep the theme going and threw on a Pumpkin Pie. I love this one more every time I melt it and it's even better than the Spiced Pumpkin. Also threw on a Cranberry Chutney in the BR. Tomorrow, I will be back to Summer scents. Had to have a Fall day today!

I finished out the evening with patchouli tiedyefrom Mama's Country Shed. It wasn't very strong, so I switched to YC sweet honeysuckle. This one is still going strong this morning!

Later......switched to vanilla oak from Grandma's Homebrewed Tarts

Welcome back, Nancy! It's great to have you back.

It's a dark, gloomy, rainy day here, so I think I'll get some fall/comforting scents going this morning. So far, I have welcome home for the second day in a tealight melter (darn, I wish I knew who makes this, because it smells sooooo good!) I'm in the process of cleaning out the other melters, so I need to decide what scents I'm in the mood for.

The kids have standardized tests this week. I think I hate them as much as they do. If the state didn't make me give them to the kids, I wouldn't. Oh well. They're being good sports, though. So, I probably won't be on much until later this afternoon. We'll be staying pretty busy.

Have a great day, everyone!

Hi Cat--we had power problems late last night so only got about 3 hours of sleep--sigh--it is on now thank goodness--hope yours is fixed.

This morning it is YC Mango Peach Salsa and a Candle-lite candle in Apricot and Mango on a warmer.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Hi Cat--we had power problems late last night so only got about 3 hours of sleep--sigh--it is on now thank goodness--hope yours is fixed.

This morning it is YC Mango Peach Salsa and a Candle-lite candle in Apricot and Mango on a warmer.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Ooh, let me know how the apricot & mango is. I have a small jar in that scent, and haven't burned it yet. I'm thinking of using it in my bathroom, if I can keep my darn cats from climbing into the sink (they have a ltitle obsession with drinking out of the bathroom sink).