The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DesertRose

April's Shower of Scents

Oh snap.... that made me giggle. Plus I had to laugh, because one of my kids picked out LOL Toasted Almond and Cherry, and when one of the kids in the next class walked in he said, "It's like I walked in and got punched in the face by a candle!" Ha! I liked that one! I also just placed a 2 AMS orders (so I could split up the payments so DH won't notice) and I am super PSYCHED about that! [smilie=th_shout]
[smilie=th_yellow5] [smilie=th_dancing_smile] [smilie=th_paper-bag]

Switching out scents: (Slpit, that Coconut Lavender sounds like a good one)

Colonial - Evening Breeze jar candle

GHBT - Antique Lace melt

KFTKR - Flower Child melt - Thanks CF buddy!

I changed scents and am now melting:

K - Candyman - EE - This very nice moderately strong scent is difficult to describe so I will just give you the scent description - The base of this fragrance is pure sweet honey with a complex blend of cedarwood and fir needles. A subtle burning fire finishes off this scent to complete the madness within! Do you dare ...

LR - Dutch Breeze - CD - A very nice strong floral fresh scent - I smell tulips

BR - Butterfly Kisses - Nene's - This is one of the strongest scents I've tried so far from Nene's - very nice floral blend

Bathroom - Honeysuckle - Blue Gecko - This smells to me like honeysuckle laundry detergent and not in a good way - one of only two scents I haven't really liked from BG - it's strong though

Still burning a few jar candles here and there as well:

K - YC Kiwi Berries and my small Soy Lovely candle tin of Caribbean Colada

BR - YC Country Heather

LR - YC Rose of Morocco

Bathroom - Pure Integrity Jasmine

Jules, I love Colonial's Evening Breeze - I need to get another jar of that - hopefully they will run a decent sale one of these days.

In the comp room it is Grapefruit Satsuma from Luna Bleu

Sounds like a good one slpit. How is it? More grapefruit, satsuma, or equal amounts?

bigred0727 You know I love you don't you? Just want to make sure you didn't take my post the wrong way. [smilie=th_yellow5]

Have another group melting in a kitchen area:

LOL ~ White Chocolate Peppermint (custom with extra peppermint)

Busy Bee ~ Candy Cane (not throwing well, but one of the best candy cane cold sniffs)

CCCC ~ Peppermint Kisses

A Tyler Peachy King candle is also burning in a comp room that smells wonderful!

[smilie=th_dancing_smile] [smilie=th_paper-bag]

K - Candyman - EE - This very nice moderately strong scent is difficult to describe so I will just give you the scent description - The base of this fragrance is pure sweet honey with a complex blend of cedarwood and fir needles. A subtle burning fire finishes off this scent to complete the madness within! Do you dare ...

Big, I like that Candyman scent from EE. It's honey plus. I ordered more - oh, going on five weeks ago now. I was hoping not to have to track down this order, but it looks like I've got to go huff and puff and blow the house down.

(again) [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Guest Anonymous

I am melting Busy Bee, Apple Cinnamon. In another room I am melting Cheryl's, Raspberry Sorbet. Smells wonderful!! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Big, I like that Candyman scent from EE. It's honey plus. I ordered more - oh, going on five weeks ago now. I was hoping not to have to track down this order, but it looks like I've got to go huff and puff and blow the house down.

(again) [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

I see nothing has changed even though she told me she was hiring an assistant to help her make stuff. If anything it's worse because I didn't wait nearly that long although I did start complaining much sooner than you are. LOL

I'm actually hesitant to order again even though I love the Bathory, Bat and Aged Merlot scents so far and really like Desolate Forest too.

Cat: Is this little girl in your Avatar your daughter? She is precious!! I am melting LOL Cinnamon Girl and burning AMS-Basil Sage Mint. I hope everyone has a good afternoon.

Yep-she's a riot! Thanks!

I am still burning and melting-nothing new to report!

All day I have been melting Mookie doodle violet blossom...it wasn't too strong, so I added a piece of a Full Moon pillar and that made it great!

Melting Potpouri Spice from GHBT

Cinnamon Doughnut - Can Do

Candles i am burning are: GC Apple Spice (this candle last a really long time)

and a few votives:

AMS - Pie Crust

Swan Creek - Pumpkin Vanilla

House is smelling sooooooooooooooo good !!

I noticed Fleur has'nt posted in a while....I hope she's ok.

I noticed that too, Cindy. :oops: I did a shout out for her yesterday.....but , no answer yet. Fleur .....hope you're on a fantastic vacation somewhere.... :lol:

Melting

AMS Banana Kiwi

and

Blue Gecko- Cabernet Grape Parfait- whoever raved about this one when we were putting our orders in was 100% right, it is a great scent. I would have never tought to order a grape scent, but now Iam very glad I did.

Hi folks!

Well I ATTEMPTED to melt Can-Do's Pink Peppermint Bark today, but I was stopped by the scent police!

:oops:

Yep! Remember a number of weeks ago I asked how some of you folks managed to melt scents at work, and everyone said it was no problem? Well, this week I have three days in a row of 8 hour meetings, in the office. Yesterday's almost drove me insane, so I decided today that I was going to have a little bit of calming effect, and took in a small melter with Can-Do's Pink Peppermint Bark. Who couldn't love that scent? I set it up in the large conference room we were in, and watched for reactions. No one said a thing, and I was a happy, happy girl.

About 3 hours into the day the scent police showed up! The head of Admin Services had received complaints of an odor :lol: coming from the 6th floor, and he had tracked it down to the large conference room! He came in and told us that that THIING had to be turned off immediately!

See, I told you they would have a fit! (It was someone outside of the room. No one in the room minded it at all. One of the guys said, "They didn't want to smell chocolate???? Some people are just mutated!")

So, I am home now, and put on Cheryl's Hot Buttered Rum. It is very, very nice, and I am going to leave it on as long as I darn well please!

:lol:

That's horrible!!!! I melt all kinds of scents in my office, generally baking and spicy, which my boss HATES! He gripes about it most of the time, but that's as far as it goes......I still melt!!

This evening I 'm melting

Nene's Jonathon Apple

CFTKR's...Sandalwood Ginger Apple

Hope everyone has a nice night!

That's horrible!!!! I melt all kinds of scents in my office, generally baking and spicy, which my boss HATES! He gripes about it most of the time, but that's as far as it goes......I still melt!!

I don't get it as well how you can guys melt stuff in the office. I can't imagine I would try to do it. I have enough of comments when I have an order delivered to work and I put unopened box under my desk, last time they were all like "can't you smell a gingerbread here?" :oops:

Hi folks!

Well I ATTEMPTED to melt Can-Do's Pink Peppermint Bark today, but I was stopped by the scent police!

:oops:

Yep! Remember a number of weeks ago I asked how some of you folks managed to melt scents at work, and everyone said it was no problem? Well, this week I have three days in a row of 8 hour meetings, in the office. Yesterday's almost drove me insane, so I decided today that I was going to have a little bit of calming effect, and took in a small melter with Can-Do's Pink Peppermint Bark. Who couldn't love that scent? I set it up in the large conference room we were in, and watched for reactions. No one said a thing, and I was a happy, happy girl.

About 3 hours into the day the scent police showed up! The head of Admin Services had received complaints of an odor :lol: coming from the 6th floor, and he had tracked it down to the large conference room! He came in and told us that that THIING had to be turned off immediately!

See, I told you they would have a fit! (It was someone outside of the room. No one in the room minded it at all. One of the guys said, "They didn't want to smell chocolate???? Some people are just mutated!")

So, I am home now, and put on Cheryl's Hot Buttered Rum. It is very, very nice, and I am going to leave it on as long as I darn well please!

wow what a story!!!!!!!

but true is that some people are too sensitive to scents, maybe it has something to do with alergies or astma. My boyfried also prefer when nothing is melting, he can't stand strong scents no matter how nice they are and he would not stand to smell a chocolate scent, makes him nausey.

Just got home from work and put on Vanilla Crunch from LOL. I'm leaving again soon (BUNCO night) but DH and the kids will enjoy it.

I noticed Fleur has'nt posted in a while....I hope she's ok.

I noticed that too, Cindy. :oops: I did a shout out for her yesterday.....but , no answer yet. Fleur .....hope you're on a fantastic vacation somewhere.... :lol:

Fleur mentioned that she has a lot planned with her kids while they are on Spring break this week. I miss her posts too!

I have Crosscreek's Country Berry Hotcake's going tonight.