The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DesertRose

April's Shower of Scents

Hi all I've been busy all day so this is my first chance to melt anything:

K - Blackberry Sugar - SH - A really nice moderately strong sweet fruit scent

LR - Tribal Nights - AMS - This scent reminds me of a hardware store, in a good way and leather - I'd order it again

BR - Sands of Morocco - AMS - One of my most favorite scents from Christy

Bathroom - Waterlily & Jasmine - LOL - I had a small piece of a tart left, the perfect size for the bathroom - this is one of my most favorite scents from Allison

I've been busy painting for two days straight. It wasn't even a big room, but DS ended up choosing a BRIGHT Hot Wheels Blue. It took two coats and a whole lot of patience since I had lots of help. I'll post a picture when we get it all put back together again. :shock:

I hope everyone is doing well and smelling good smells.

Last night: FM - Sticks & Twigs

Today: CBV - Texas Summer

Tonight: HoT - Sweet Sixteen

[smilie=th_jaja]

Hi all I've been busy all day so this is my first chance to melt anything:

K - Blackberry Sugar - SH - A really nice moderately strong sweet fruit scent

LR - Tribal Nights - AMS - This scent reminds me of a hardware store, in a good way and leather - I'd order it again

BR - Sands of Morocco - AMS - One of my most favorite scents from Christy

Bathroom - Waterlily & Jasmine - LOL - I had a small piece of a tart left, the perfect size for the bathroom - this is one of my most favorite scents from Allison

[smilie=th_jaja]

Ha Ha Big Red! When I burned that Tribal Nights the kids loved it, but told me it smelled like True Value... our local hardward store. One teacher said it smelled like a tac shop... like horse saddles and such, but everyone loved it. I am glad you liked it too.

Hi all. DH is a little stiff today, but nothing too bad. My head cold has reached new heights, so I can't smell much. I went with Bella's Cracklin Birch. Every now and then I get a whiff of it.

Jules, I would love to see a picture! I hope everyone is doing well...

This evening I have on

BG's Lemon Meringue Twang

Crosscreek's old Fashion Banana pudding

[smilie=th_jaja]

oh, how is the Lemon Meringue? I ordered it and can't wait.

Melting AMS Energy Spa in the den. A wonderful fragrance!

Melting Chocolate covered strawberries by Rosa'a in the kitchen. This is also a good strong scent.

I love the Energy Spa as well.

Tonight melting

Black Raspberry Vanilla from AMS- it's OK,medium strenght

Banana Nut Bread- AMS This one is excellent, taking over the whole house, very strong

Downy Lavender Vanilla- LOL. wonderful and strong

English Ivy- CFTKR, hasn't melted completely yet

I got my 1st tarts from Tara's today. They are so pretty. She sent me 4 freebies. They all smell great cold. I'm taking one to work tomorrow to try. I like to test them out first at work where there are not so many different scents floating around. Then I know if I can smell them or not. If I can't smell them there then I can't smell them anywhere, but I have a good feeling about these tarts! The free shipping was a great incentive to order from her!

I'm melting hawian suntan from missys in the kitchen and red del. apples from GHBT's in the bedroom. The red del. apples is taking over the whole house. IT IS A PERFECT SCENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Denim, I think I am going to have to place ANOTHER order from GHBT just to get this scent since you keep raving about it, since my re-order from Missy's apple just hasn't been near as good.

I started Vanilla Candy Sprinkles from LOL, and it started out strong and absolutely slobber-inducing, but has faded rather quickly. Bummer, I may try it in B & B though, cause I bet the oil is wonderful.

You will love it!!! She had 20% off today when I placed my order.

I've been busy painting for two days straight. It wasn't even a big room, but DS ended up choosing a BRIGHT Hot Wheels Blue. It took two coats and a whole lot of patience since I had lots of help. I'll post a picture when we get it all put back together again. [smilie=th_happy]

I hope everyone is doing well and smelling good smells.

Last night: FM - Sticks & Twigs

Today: CBV - Texas Summer

Tonight: HoT - Sweet Sixteen

:lol:

Oh blue, that sounds much nicer than the neon green he originally wanted. Painting is HARD work. Takes me ages to paint one wall.

Tonight is the wonderful Wood Violet & Sugar Maple from CFTKR. I highly recommend this scent to any of you who haven't tried it. It's a magical scent to me.

This evening I have on

BG's Lemon Meringue Twang

Crosscreek's old Fashion Banana pudding

:lol:

oh, how is the Lemon Meringue? I ordered it and can't wait.

Hi desertRose....I love the Lemon Meringue from BG....it's a very nice lemon bakery and it's not over powering.I would order it again from her,we really enjoy it!

I was so excited to get to work this morning and put on one of Tara's tarts. It is fabulous! I'm melting Denim Country Breeze. LOVING IT!

Good morning; This morning i am melting AMS-Snickerdoodle, Carol's - Patchouli Honey. Denim, Denim Country Breeze sounds nice. I will look up the notes. I hope everyone has a great morning. I need some [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffee] to get rid of my brain fog this morning.

I guess I didn't post or read much yesterday.. Jules, happy painting!! Red, Darling -I luv Sands of Morocco and Tribal Nights. Rose and CBgirl-luv the energy spa too!

Lisa Glad DH is feeling better and I hope your sniffles go away soon. I hope I covered everything. Have a good one.

Changed out the other melters to:

K - Strawberry Rhubarb - CD - A nice strong fruit scent but I'm not loving it - the strawberry part doesn't smell real to me.

LR - Garden Sweet Pea - YC - I've burned the jar and liked the scent but I like it more in tart form because it's stronger

Bathroom - Water Garden - YC - A very nice scent but light - does well in a small room

When the BR melter runs out I will change it to YC's Rose of Morocco and I will burn a jar in the same scent too.

I also have a few jar candles burning around the house:

K - 2 jars of Illuminations Napa Valley Harvest

LR - YC's Velvet Petals and Spring Bouquet

Bathroom - Illuminations Bora Bora

Good morning! I only have one tart going this morning, which is harvest moon from missy's. I'm icing the other melters, and will get them started in a bit.

Sorry I wasn't around at all yesterday, but it was my son Cole's 10th birthday, so my parents came for a visit to celebrate. We had a great time, and I can't believe he's 10 already. Time sure flies!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

So true Heidi....time does fly! Hope Cole had a great B-day!

Melting Berry Patch from Missy's in the kitchen and coconut from missy's in the bedroom.

Dabba, how do you like GHBT Victorian Rose? I melted it the other day and liked it way more than I thought I would.

This morning I'm melting Tuscadero's Fresh Rain - it reminds me of a horse barn, not sure why, I may have to change it out soon. CHC - Fresh Rain - much better rain scent, I'm enjoying this one, and Country Heart Mountain Air.

Melting Beth's Boutique - Cranberry Ginger Spiced Tea (one of my favorites!) [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

and

Dreamtarts - Aphrodesiac - I wasn't sure what this would be since it had been awhile since I bought it - but I was expecting an ambersomething...instead it is a green, grassy scent with none of the underscent that sometimes shows up in these tarts.

The two blend nicely!

Hi everyone. Today I'm melting: Apple Vanilla, one of my favorites from Old Va.

Sweet Lemongrass by Star Valley

Remelting: Sage & Citrus by Crosscreek.

[smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Susan