The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DesertRose

April's Shower of Scents

Recent melts:

Busy Bee Grammy's Punkin pie...not that great

YC stargazer lily...wonderful

EW coffee with Santa...wonderful

LOL snowcake...really yucky..had to dump immediately

Rosa's orange blossom...so-so

Good Morning! [smilie=th_blij31-1]

I've been up for awhile, but feeling sorta lazy. I think I need more :lol:

Anyhow, just got around to starting up a melter with Oompaloompa from Candle Dippers. I like the cold smell....blueberry!!!! [smilie=th_aa17]

[smilie=th_blij31-1] friends.

If Miss Fleur can pretend it's tropical on a cold, gray day, I can pretend my nose is working. In my make believe world I'm melting Cross Creek's Sugared Spruce. And I'm loving it too!

I hope you all :lol:

Gail

Just wanted to update on the Oompaloompa.....Love It...blueberry with a very rich vanilla note and then all of the sudden a faint hint of mint at the end! Fab and strong! And the tart hasn't even fully melted yet! :lol:

Lisa, I'm so glad your DH is ok! That's very scary. Hopefully getting your car replaced won't be a big hassle.

Cat01, my DH melted Buttercream Apple Crunch at work the other day and the guys all loved it!

This morning I'm melting an old favorite, Primitive Cupboards from Bella's. A true comfort scent!

Hope everyone has a good day and those who've been ill are feeling much better!

Cat.....how do you like Christy's creme brulee, it is one of my favorite's!

Melting cucumber melon from GHBT. This is a good one! :lol:

Cat.....how do you like Christy's creme brulee, it is one of my favorite's!

Melting cucumber melon from GHBT. This is a good one! :lol:

Hi CB-

I usually love creme brulee,but this one isn't working for me this morning. It smelled like burnt coffee to me. Probably just not in the mood. Yesterday, I was melting Pumpkin Zucchini Bread from LOL and my family said it smelled like burning Doritos-even my mother whom was in town visiting. Wierd!

My daughter told me she had enough of the bakery for a while and asked for a fruit tart in her room this morning-so I guess that's a good indication that they are ready for spring/summer.

I changed the AMS for a Banana Nut Bread-EW.

I love that Buttercream Apple Crunch too MP-you'll definitely have to keep him stocked in that one if the guys all liked it-and admitted it!

It sure is quiet here, so I hope everyone is having a nice day and feeling well!

A few scents I have been melting today:

CD ~ Rosemary Mint (pleasant in a small room)

CD ~ Peppermint Candy (nice, but too weak)

Cheryl's ~ Creamy Cinnamon Chai (this one surprised me...great scent and medium throw)

I had LOL's Rainbows End melting [smilie=th_00000020] and switched it out for Limonade which is much better!

Hello everyone I have missed you! My daughter was sick, then I have tons of meetings at work this week, and it has been INSANE!!! :lol:

Lisa, I am so glad your DH is ok, how scary!!! I am so upset today, my husband's cousin's who lived with us for a month and a half when her abusive boyfriend kicked her and her kids out back in October, has suddenly decided that she loves that A-HOLE and can't live without him, so she's going back. This is after a huge custody battle, thousands of dollars in legal fees, restraining orders, and physical attacks. All I want to do is cry, and then shake the crap out of her. [smilie=th_00000020] How can some girls be so ridiculous? It is frustrating.

Anyway, I am trying out LOL's Rice Pudding. It is different, but good. I smell the vanilla and a little cinnamon, but something else bakery that I am not quite sure of. Easier to focus on smellies than on real world crap! Ha!

Darling - That is so sad and it seems these girls can't stay away. One of the girls that I work with kept going back to her - I am sorry, I promise I will never hit you again -boyfriend until he finally beat her so badly she was hospitalized the last time. Hopefully, your husband's cousin will wake up before it gets that bad.

Hello All! For late this afternoon I have Carol's Amish Quilt and Cafe Vienna going again. I may have to switch the Cafe Vienna out for later on tonight. Have a lovely night.

I am melting Can Do Cast Iron Cookies, I am totally LOVING this scent. I used one in my melter for 2 days at work and could still smell it at the end of today when i left work......It smells soooooooooooo good. So had to start one when i got home today [smilie=th_00000020]

I am melting Can Do Cast Iron Cookies, I am totally LOVING this scent. I used one in my melter for 2 days at work and could still smell it at the end of today when i left work......It smells soooooooooooo good. So had to start one when i got home today [smilie=th_00000020]

that sounds like a very interesting scent

I got my 1st tarts from Tara's today. They are so pretty. She sent me 4 freebies. They all smell great cold. I'm taking one to work tomorrow to try. I like to test them out first at work where there are not so many different scents floating around. Then I know if I can smell them or not. If I can't smell them there then I can't smell them anywhere, but I have a good feeling about these tarts! The free shipping was a great incentive to order from her!

I'm melting hawian suntan from missys in the kitchen and red del. apples from GHBT's in the bedroom. The red del. apples is taking over the whole house. IT IS A PERFECT SCENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Melting AMS Energy Spa in the den. A wonderful fragrance!

Melting Chocolate covered strawberries by Rosa'a in the kitchen. This is also a good strong scent.

I got my 1st tarts from Tara's today. They are so pretty. She sent me 4 freebies. They all smell great cold. I'm taking one to work tomorrow to try. I like to test them out first at work where there are not so many different scents floating around. Then I know if I can smell them or not. If I can't smell them there then I can't smell them anywhere, but I have a good feeling about these tarts! The free shipping was a great incentive to order from her!

I'm melting hawian suntan from missys in the kitchen and red del. apples from GHBT's in the bedroom. The red del. apples is taking over the whole house. IT IS A PERFECT SCENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Denim, I think I am going to have to place ANOTHER order from GHBT just to get this scent since you keep raving about it, since my re-order from Missy's apple just hasn't been near as good.

I started Vanilla Candy Sprinkles from LOL, and it started out strong and absolutely slobber-inducing, but has faded rather quickly. Bummer, I may try it in B & B though, cause I bet the oil is wonderful.