The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Mania

Hello all!

I just switched out scents yesterday. I went to the ONLY Yankee store in Vegas and loaded up on Sweet Strawberry! I like to switch out scents when the seasons change--in the beginning of Spring I like to burn YC Sweet Strawberry and Sparkling Lemon together. It is a nice kind of lemonade effect.

Last night I put about 5 of YC floating tealight holders in a big glass bowl and filled with water and it was beautiful! Something so simple can bring so much joy sometimes! lol

I am a tealight ADDICT so if anyone knows where I can get good, scented, clear cup tealights, please let me know!!

Thanks~

Tahitian Vanilla from Candle Haven. Mmm...I have these going in two melters downstairs and the scent is throwing all over the house.

In the mood for bakery today, so I put on Orange Pound Cake from Nene's. It's yummy! I realized last night that I don't have any bakery jar candles in rotation right now, and that's just not acceptable! I would love to hunt down a Village Candle, but not sure if/where they are available locally. Hmmmm, may have to do some detective work.

Hello all!

I like to burn YC Sweet Strawberry and Sparkling Lemon together. It is a nice kind of lemonade effect.

I am a tealight ADDICT so if anyone knows where I can get good, scented, clear cup tealights, please let me know!!

Thanks~

[smilie=th_we0081] berriechan! That combo sounds really good. Try posting in the melting pot or the lets talk candles thread. There are many people here who can give you some great suggestions (I don't use tealights anymore).

Todays melts so far are:

Crosscreek ~ Pink Love

LOL ~ L'Amour de Mamie

BG ~ Pink Sugar

Guest scentedstamper

Hi Jason! I just ordered some Village candles a few weeks ago and they arrived in less than a week! I used the "factory store" website rather than the regular villagecandle.com site. (it might be the one linked with the alphabetical directory across the top of candlefind- sorry I can't remember!) I think I found the shipping to be a little less that way. Anyway, I got Cinnamon Bun, and in the "kitchen" line I got Cinnamon Stick, Apple Cobbler and Coffee Ice Cream. I've been burning Cinnamon Stick and Apple Cobbler and while they are not as strong as YC or GC, they are nice and burning perfectly. Hope this helps!!!

Have a great day!

Sheryl

Changed out scents on this beautiful day to:

K - Orange Chiffon Cake - Spotted Hog - A nice strong bakery scent

LR - Harvest Moon Magic - Angie's - Not really getting any scent from this one at all

BR - Forget Me Not - Cheryl's - A nice moderately strong floral

2nd tealight for Nene's great Floral Linens in the bath.

Guest scentedstamper

Well I forgot some stuff so instead of editing I thought I'd post again !!! I am melting: LOL Comfortably Numb, BG Spiced Pumpkin Brulee and YC Sparkling Cinnamon.

To the poster looking for clear cup tealights, ones I've tried that get a "thumbs up" for scent and good burning: Gold Canyon, Things That Make Scents (soy) and LOL (although I think she's taking a temporary break from making these, but will get back to it soon). HTH !!!!!!

Sheryl

Thanks Sheryl! I called Village Candle and the nearest retailer to me is in the suburbs and a 25 mile drive. So you find YC to be stronger, huh? That's a bit discouraging as I hoped they would rival or surpass YC in scent throw. Maybe I'll go looking for some Colonial!

Guest scentedstamper

Jason, I've always liked Colonial for looks and scent, but they are so pricey!!! Village is more affordable of course, but still pretty good IMO. If you can locate a Gold Canyon demo, you can't beat them for price (16 oz / $15.98, and 26 oz / $18.98) and I would put them up against most tarts for scent. Also, with a demo, CS is unbeatable. (candle replacement for any problems) There are also web specials like free ship and/or $$$ off which is usually listed in sales. I am a former demo, and may be biased, but this is all my humble opinion!!! Good luck on your search!! Oh, CBV makes nice candles too if you'd like to help the economy by way of the "small business owner" rather than "commercial" types. ( I hope this makes sense!)

Sheryl

Jason, I've always liked Colonial for looks and scent, but they are so pricey!!! Village is more affordable of course, but still pretty good IMO. If you can locate a Gold Canyon demo, you can't beat them for price (16 oz / $15.98, and 26 oz / $18.98) and I would put them up against most tarts for scent. Also, with a demo, CS is unbeatable. (candle replacement for any problems) There are also web specials like free ship and/or $$$ off which is usually listed in sales. I am a former demo, and may be biased, but this is all my humble opinion!!! Good luck on your search!! Oh, CBV makes nice candles too if you'd like to help the economy by way of the "small business owner" rather than "commercial" types. ( I hope this makes sense!)

Sheryl

I always grab Colonial from Bed Bath & Beyond by using the coupons they send in the mail if you sign up to get them, and I ALWAYS order from the website if Colonial is running a sale - $25 regular price for the large oval jars isn't really any different than Yankee who only charges a penny less for their large jars. Both are pricey IMO though. Colonial's large oval jars give the best scent throw out of all their candles.

Both of the Gold Canyon large Heritage jars I bought have a stronger scent throw than any of the Colonial or Yankee jars I've tried. Both the Rose and Casablanca Lily had strong scent throws and the scents are superb as well. They both scented more than just my bedroom which is surprising for any jar candle to do.

I haven't tried CBV's jars yet, but I plan to in the future.

I changed out a couple of scents that weren't working:

The SH Orange Chiffon Cake in the kitchen starting throwing a burnt smell so I changed it to SH Nutterbutter Bars which is another nice bakery scent. Any of the bakery scents that I've tried haven't made me go WOW yet though.

The Harvest Moon Magic from Angie's in the LR wasn't throwing at all so I changed it to Bella's Australian Bamboo Grass which is strong and very nice actually. I have to say that even if I haven't liked the scent or scent quality, all of the Bella's tarts have given STRONG scent throws so far.

Thanks again, Sheryl. I have always wanted to try GC, I just never really felt like going to the trouble to go about getting them. Wish they sold them in stores. I love ordering tarts from the smaller vendors, but when it comes to candles, I still go for the big guys, usually YC of course. I am so nervous about ordering candles online. It's a bigger investment and if you don't like it, you're stuck with it. I have heard good things about CBV, though. Maybe some day I'll work up the nerve to order candles online.

I finally talked myself out of going out to try to find candles. I lit up a Caramel Pecan pillar from Chesapeake (has a surprisingly good cold scent) and added YC Cinnamon & Sugar to the mix. Trying to get my bakery fix today!

I made some changes for this afternoon too.

HoT - Pink Sugar cake Bits

KFTKR - Baked Bread

KFTKR - Apple Zucchini Bread

HoT - Hello Sugar

HOP - Twister (still going - another full day)

Bizzy B's - White Chocolate & Huckleberry jar candle - good scent, oddly tropical smelling, not a big thrower.

I've been melting Missy's Butter Pecan and I've definately got another favorite from her. This smell's just like a pie in the oven, also very strong! A re-order for me!

Can someone tell me what this Lemon Biscotti smells like? I think I have something similar from Carol...it's called Lemon Snap. It smells like lemon and anise which is what I'd imagine Lemon Biscotti to smell like. Curious noses need to know.

LLVV - Lemon Biscotti and Lemon Snap cake smell the same to me - think it's the same oil. Funny....I never smelled anise in it, tho....think I'll go huff one & see if I get that, too.... :lol:

Melting AMS Apple Jack & Peel ....love this scent! [smilie=th_smielyfight]

Changed out a few scents again:

K - Wedding Cake - SH - Another nice bakery scent but it's not WOWing me.

BR - Bachelor - Angie's - A nice moderately strong men's cologne type scent

Bath - Lilac Breeze - GHBT - I wasn't loving this when I meltd the first one and I'm still not loving it now even after curing

Still melting the very nice strong Australian Bamboo Grass form Bella's in the LR.

I'm also still burning the two AMS Rose chunky votives in the bath but they are getting overwhelmed now by the Lilac Breeze tart.

I'm trying to clear out some of the older stuff before I melt anything brand new.

I just lit Pomegranate Fruit, one of YCs new summer scents. It is wonderful! Its been burning for about 45 minutes and its scenting the entire downstairs of my house.

Debbie

Today for blue I've got Tuscadero's Blue Lagoon melting. For pink I'm melting Nene's Pink Jasmine Petals.

eta: I just went and checked on the Pink Jasmine Petals in the MB and I can't smell it at all unless I'm right on top of the melter. Too bad, it's a really pretty scent.