The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Jack Frost January

momuvtwo - except at Christmastime when I like to have the cold & snow, I'll trade your 68 degrees for our winter weather anytime! [smilie=th_CONGRA34] They're predicting another possible snowstorm for Monday...hopefully it will go out to sea...

cat - your house sound great, huge utility bills and all - I love Victorians.

mpfand & debra - I'm also a big fan of the Sun & Sand even though it's not my usual type. I think smells just like the beach! Now you've all got me thinking about spring & summer scents...

momuvtwo- What scents did you order from Sugar and Spice? I think I will order from them next and also Country Buttons. They have the cutest button shaped melts-6 1oz melts for $3.99!

Cat- I love Victorian style homes, too. Especially with wrap around porches...

Although we're not quite in the 60's yet, we're close at 58! My mom lives in ID and is complaining about driving on slick roads. Although it gets HOT here in Vegas during the summer months, I wouldn't trade our mild winters for anything!

I have Angie's Amish Harvest melting in the lofts upstairs and it's nice; exactly what I expect Amish Harvest to smell like. Downstairs in the kitchen I am melting Angie's Cozy Home and I am about to switch it out. Just don't care for it much for some reason.

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys! Arrived in Texas ok. Not really liking it so much. Miss the Colorado mountains. But, anyway, had some movers in today with stuff and they made the house smelly. [smilie=th_CONGRA34] I dug out a Bella's Cherries in the Snow and it makes the kitchen smell yummy. Hope you guys had a GREAT Christmas and New Year!

Glad you made it to Texas safely, mtiffany. Maybe once you're more settled you'll find things to like about Texas. Being an Air Force wife, I can empathize with you. Moving from Guam (tiny, tropical island) to Las Vegas (big city, dry desert) was a total shock. Anyway, glad you had something on hand to cut the smell from the movers. Been there, done that!

I am now melting Bella's Amish Patchwork Quilt in the kitchen. Bella's is fast becomming one of my favorites. [smilie=th_CONGRA34]

mttiffany--glad you are getting settled in Texas. I've never been to Texas or Colorado--lived all my life in either SW Iowa, NW Missouri, or SW Missouri so I'm a midwesterner. Hope you get to liking it once things settle down. Having your own smells in the house should make it seem more like home.

My Beanpod Raspberry Lemonade turned out to be a winner. I dumped it after 12 hrs but you could still smell it pretty good. I have Bizzy B's Gournet Sugar Cookie on for the evening. It is good as always.

You all have a good evening and night and I'll be checking with you in the morning.

Guest Anonymous

mpfand - From Sugar & Spice I got: Jack Frost, Chestnuts and Brown Sugar (STRONG), Warm Apple Crisp (STRONG), White Pine, Hazlenut Latte, Log Cabin (I'm not a huge cedar fan so I have no idea why I ordered this, but it's nice if you like log cabin scents), I'm not sure I'm remembering everything but I can tell you those bakery scents are SO authentic smelling, cold and hot!

momuvtwo- Thanks! Now I'm torn; I want to order from Sugar and Spice, but I also want to take advantage of Bella's upcoming free shipping sale. I'm also still intrigued with Country Buttons, but I have an order on the way from CanDo so really need to slow down a little. So many tarts, so little time!

Evening all-

I am still on the lavendar cream from this morning, also have that Cranberry Orange Parfait going again. I have Rain Forest simmering in the powder room.

The wraparound porch and the big bay window is what drew me to this old thing. I do love her, but the renovations are killing me. Just when we get one room done how we want, something else needs immediate attention. Then, you have to get approval from the historical society on every stinkin thing you want to do...blah...blah...blah.

But, enough of that!

I think I am going to put out the lavendar for a while and throw on something from Bella's- I have narrowed it down to three: Bella, Romantic Evening, or True Love-which one do you all think I should do????

Guest Anonymous

Cat, after reading about your house, I vote Romantic Evening!

RN, glad you made the trip safely and hope you get settled in soon.

I finally dumped Tangerine Dreams from Warm Impressions. It was still going strong after a day and a half, but I have more to burn. I put in their Butterfly Wishes, but not impressed with that one so far.

I have Dr. Donuts from Starring Fragrances up front. It's starting to melt, so hopefully I'll enjoy it as their others.

I need to pick out a candle scent for my bath tonight. Not sure what I'll do for that one. I was using Crystal Blue from In Kristine's Shower, but very little scent throw, so I want to change it out.

Good night all!

Guest Anonymous

OK, Dr. Donuts should be renamed Dr. Dud. My first bad one from Starring Fragrances. Bleh. My daughter has High Tide from Candle-licious melting upstairs. That's nice.

Have a good evening all -

Cynthia

Ok, here I go on the new forum. It looks like a lot of fun! [smilie=th_CONGRA34] I am still melting Amish Patchwork Quilt from Bella's. May switch soon as it seems to be getting weak.

I guess it's midday now so will say I am glad to have the forum back up and going. I missed it this morning. I have YC Juicy Orange on today and am loving it. I have tried it several times before and didn't like it but I do today. Haven't decided yet what this evening's scent will be. Later.

Guest Anonymous

Just got home and glad to see the new forums are up. Will have to explore a little. Melted WNS blueberry muffin briefly before heading out the door. Man, that was a strong one. Have HOT Olive Blossom going upstairs. Not usually a floral person but this one is nice.

woohoo! This is a nice forum! [smilie=th_CONGRA34] I was offline since yesterday afternoon, (somebody has to get the work done! LOL!) and what a surprise!

I am melting an oldie - Lighthouse Candles sandalwood.

I put on the new YC Egyptian Cotton in my electric warmer last night before bed so I could enjoy it while I watched TV. This morning when I woke up, it was still going strong. Very fresh scent! My partner even commented on how good it smelled and he never seems to notice anything.

Guest Anonymous

I have CHC's mulberry melting downstairs, and Dew Drops Bedford Falls upstairs (this was supposed to be a 'woodsy/nature' scent but while I like it, it's a bit perfumy to me and really seems like a bedroom scent).....Mulberry is STRONG and going thruoghout the house!

Incidentally, I think I've officially 'crossed over' - I have tried to light candles for two days now and I keep putting them out in favor of tarts!! ?Three months ago, I was NOT a tart person - had NO interest in them [smilie=th_CONGRA34]

momuvtwo [smilie=cloud_9]

I have been strictly a tart person now for about a year. My husband is so happy that I have found an alternative to candles (he never liked them for safety reasons and because of the soot) that he never says anything about all the tarts I buy. [smilie=snoopy]

Wow-I am really liking this new forum. Now lets see if I can use it...

[smilie=cloud_9] What kind of damage can I do with this thing???

Anyway- I am melting Bella's Bella this afternoon. I REALLY like this scent! It is kind of powdery, and a little amber, and smooth. Hard to describe, I just know I love it!

I've been wondering how Bella's signature scent is. It sounds wonderful. Another one to add to my list! I just put Bella's Winter Wonderland in the MBR. Very fresh, clean smell.

Guest Anonymous

Probably going to have too many scents going on here, but I just got several orders and am anxious to try them all!

Bella's Blackberry Brulee in morning bar (strong, yummy), A Scent Lover's Dream Coconut Bubble oil in master bath (strong), Winter Garden Aromatics Winter Garden in living room (soft, lovely), and In Kristine's Shower Blackberry Sage in powder room (not really impressed).

Guest Anonymous

I got my Bella order this afternoon and everything smells SOOOOOOO GOOD! Time to pop some of this Elvis in. Did I tell you guys I got 5 bags of this stuff [smilie=cloud_9] :o [smilie=snoopy]