The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Jack Frost January

Just started melting Nene's Fresh Baked Pie Crust. It already smells good and it is only half melted...

About two hours ago I decided to try Beanpod's cinnamon bun--mistake big time--within 30 minutes my head was aching and my husband came out of the den to see what was burning. It just smelled burnt, no other scent. Out it went. I replaced it with Warm Impressions Macintoch Apple--very strong and authentic. Everyone have a good evening.

Guest Anonymous

Trep, I went through a lot of Beanpod when I first discovered them and honestly, I won't ever buy those products again - ever.....I wasted more money on the candles and the beads. I don't know if your cinnamon bun was a candle or the beads, but I had the same experience with both in that scent and almost every other I tried. I recently bought a pomegranate candle which actually finally HAD a throw to it, but it tunneled very badly, as they all seemed to do for me. I know some people have good luck with the beads but not the candles but I couldn't get either to work for me.....

Anyway, I spent this afternoon melting Tuscadero's Bedford Falls - in a tealight burner. It's strong and throwing through the entire downstairs and into the upstairs! Earlier I had put on a cinnamon balsam - also by Tuscadero's. Normally I find them all strong but I put this one in the 12 watt burner and left for a couple of hours and I could smell it when i returned, but not as strong as all the others I've tried....I have another and I might put that in the tealight next and see how it does there. Anyway, smells good in here now :)

Guest Anonymous

I burning one of my fragrance oils from The Body Shop - Juniper Berry, I believe. Nice, but don't know that I'd order it again.

Hope you all have a great evening -

Cynthia

Melting YC Cranberry Chutney this evening. This doesn't remind me of Christmas at all; just a nice, tart cranberry fragrance.

I pulled out an old one, Hawaiian Breezes, a chunky pillar from Contemporary Candles. Mild throw - but with the two tone blue chunks it is nice to look at! ( I am so spoiled by the tart's throw it sure makes it hard to be happy with candles!)

Good Morning all--I decided to go with a tried and true fragrance today and that is YC's Lilac Blossoms--I put one upstairs and one down and am enjoying thinking of spring. It is very warm here this morning, too, so I will pretend it is spring. Ha!

momuvtwo--I know what you mean about Beanpod--the first few candles I had I just loved--same with the beads. Then some months later I tried them again and was very disappointed--no throw or weird smells or they just petered out quickly. I didn't use any for about a year and just recently have tried the beads again. I get wonderful results with the Toasted Hazelnut Beads and have some others I plan to try again. That cinnamon bun was disgusting, however. If I have anymore problems I am dumping them for good.

Well, you all have a great Saturday.

Guest Anonymous

I am still melting the LOL Winter solstice, Flannel Sheets and Chunkie's Cowgirl Undies but expect them to die out this morning as two of them are on their third day and one was just a mini. Just threw in Dreamtarts Amber Romance in my bedroom so curious to see how it does. I haven't cared for the two Dreamtarts I tried previously but it was a scent issue w/ both so maybe I will like another scent better.

Guest Anonymous

Oops, sorry about the guest. I keep forgetting that I constantly have to log back in.

Mornin'! Mom - I have not smelled the undies - I'd have no idea what to expect?!! How is it? I am trying to decide between Aroma Naturals Peace, and La Tee Dah's Monogrammed Linens. Both are in tins and have been sitting on the shelf since I found the hot sale on them about 3 months ago. (11.50 reg, on sale for 3.99).

Melting Celtic Moonspice from Pine Point. Love this! One little clamshell cube is scenting the entire dowstairs.

Hello, fellow candle/tart fanatics! I'm melting a tart from YC called Ginger & Green Tea in my bedroom. In the living room, I'm enjoying a YC candle in the scent of Maple Walnut. The tart has a wonderfully unique scent, while the candle in the living room smells warm and yummy.

Good Morning, all. I am burning PI's First Bloom this morning--had their Pina Colada on last night. For the first 3 hrs I just loved it but my husband didn't. Then I feel asleep on the couch and when I woke up I didn't like it either--weird, huh? Thought I'd try the First Bloom this AM and see how that goes. You all have a good day.

Well, my First Bloom didn't work out for me. It wasn't bad but just seemed to have a strange undertone that I didn't care for. I have found with soy I get that alot--it's probably just my nose as most of you seem to really like the soy. I dumped it and put in Village's gardenia which I am liking very well. It is quite strong and if you like a straight gardenia scent you will like it. I have White Barn's Buttercups and Bellflowers in the upstairs bath on a flat warmer and it is great. Found it on sale last weekend for $5. Well, this is all until I switch for evening. It is about 70 here in SW MO today--about 35 degrees above normal. Guess I better enjoy it before winter hits again. Later, Nancy

Guest Anonymous

Just put on Nene's Sweet Caramelized Citrus. Hasn't melted all the way, but so far so good... I really like Nene's citrus and orange type scents.

Guest Anonymous

Morning y'all. This morning I am burning LOL Downy Lavendar Vanilla upstairs. This is another mini tart and it also packs a powerful punch. Just about scenting my entire upstairs. Downstairs I have LoL Ginger fig melting. This is a lovely fragrance- like a ginger ale but more complex- but it has a light throw. It is in my 25w bulb burner which I am trying hard to love but really missing my tea light burner. I just don't seem to get the same throw that I get with my tea light burners. I may dump this melt into my empty tea light burner upstairs and see how it does.

Debra, the undies suprised me. Not at all what I was expecting. They describe it as a mixture if leather and vanilla but it was a much fresher fragrance than I imagined. Light, mellow, and not sweet or overwhelming. I was unsure at first but really ended up liking it. Great throw and lasted a long time too.

Okay, had to take the Sweet Caramelized Citrus off the melter. It had such a good throw. So good that my daughter who was upstairs made a comment. She does not like orange scents. I will have to melt that one when she is not home. I like the orange type scents myself, but we all differ in our opinions in this house!

I have replaced that one with Whiff and Sniff's After Dinner Buttermint. Everyone likes that one.

Guest Anonymous

Early this morning burned K's Kreations Mrs. Clause's Cookies......then I put that out and melted the last of my CHC Buttercream Crunch. I've learned I'm not THAT wild about bakery scents (other than spice) and am trying to kind of get through those and I figure early in the morning when I'm first up working seems like an appropriate time to use those.....

Just got back from church and I'm re-melting Tuscadero's Bayberry in my office in a tea light burner, and am starting Sweet Snow - also from Tuscadero's - in the kitchen in the 12 watt burner.

On a side note I"m looking forward to TOMORROW's melt day - My Scentsy 25-watt bulb burner is arriving tomorrow and I can't wait to see if that isn't FINALLY the perfect burner for me.....I retired my 20 watt electric one this morning - somehow the dish isn't even sitting flat on the heating plate anymore and I've just decided it has too many issues to keep dealing with. It just went in the Goodwill box :)