The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

January's Frosty Fragrances

Anyone heard from Fleur? She's been MIA most of the week. :? Hope all is well with you Fleur! [smilie=The_Hi]

Melting Crosscreeks scones & cinnamon butter. Spectacular - love it! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Hi sweet&spiceygrl!

I have not been posting much this week. I pinched a nerve in my upper back/neck. From what the doctors tell me... it takes awhile to heal once you irritate a nerve. All I can say is OUCH!

I have not been melting much either. Boo hoo!

I will try to check in more.... hope everyone is well. Excuse me if I miss some of the action around here!

momuvtwo... good to see you back!

Ouch Fleur! I hope you feel better soon.

I have GHBT's Rhubarb Apple on. We're having company for dinner and a movie. I'm going to put LOL's Marshmallow Popcorn on when we watch the movie. I don't think it'll be a super strong one, which is good for when company is over. [smilie=th_e3301ae2]

Just wondering, has anyone tried Sugared Spruce from CFTKR, Tuscadero's or Crosscreek? If so, what did you think, and did they last a long time? How was the strength? The only place I've tried it was from Can-do, and of course, can't order from there yet....Love that scent!

On topic: I'm currently melting Winter Cabin by CFTKR, Southern Breeze by Tuscadero's, and Downy Fresh by Dew Drop Scents. Back to cleaning...

[smilie=th_e3301ae2]

Guest Anonymous

I have not been posting much this week. I pinched a nerve in my upper back/neck. From what the doctors tell me... it takes awhile to heal once you irritate a nerve. All I can say is OUCH!

I have not been melting much either. Boo hoo!

Aww....Fleur - that's happened to my sister, too and it is sooooo painful! And no melting for you either..... :roll: that tells the story. Hope you're feeling much better quickly! [smilie=cloud_9]

Tiffany, I've melted LOL's sugared spruce and it's good. I've been meaning to do Crosscreeks - will put it in the melter now and report back to ya! [smilie=th_e3301ae2]

Fleur, if you don't mind me asking, can you tell me what your symptoms are? I've been suffering with back pain for around 2 weeks. One morning I woke up (just bought a new mattress today because ours is sagging) and my whole back hurt and it radiated to my hips. It's not a constant pain or ache but if I sit a certain way, lie flat on my back, or do a back bend I get pain (on a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being like labor pains I'd say the pain in my lower back is around a 5 or 6). It was getting better, slowly, but after sleeping on my back last night I woke up with pain again.

Fleur,

Oh my gosh, that is just the worse kind of pain. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Melting Victoria's Cinnamon Raisin Bread and CFTKR's Spiced Apple Pecan. Now remember, EVERYTHING is a new scent for me, cause I am a newly addicted tart-o-holic.

The Cinnamon Raisin Bread is all right, but I am giving the Spiced Apple Pecan a major thumbs up! Woo-hoo. I love it!

Fleur and L LVV,I hope the both of you feel better soon.

• This evening I'm melting CFTKR's Chestnuts and Brown Sugar, it's excellent!

Guest Anonymous

Tiffany - my apologies. After searching thru my Crosscreek stash (a lot of flinging and tossing going on! :lol: ), I have to report that I can't find the sugared spruce. :? I must have melted it and not marked my list. Great. Just what I needed. Proof I have way too many tarts.....sad...sad...sad.... :roll: [smilie=cloud_9] On a positive note, I found lots I'd forgotten about and have put them in my 'soon to be melted' basket. :P Deana has great tarts, tho - so I'm betting her sugared spruce is a good one. [smilie=th_e3301ae2]

Last melt of the evening is an elderly Crosscreek one, Old Fashioned Christmas (no longer on her scent list)

Fleur and LLV~ Hope you are both feeling better soon! Back pain is the worst! [smilie=th_e3301ae2]

Burning French Nougat Glacee and Fresh Baked Cookies - both from Crosscreek.

Remelting my YC Cranberry Peppermint - my son describes it as cranberry with a hint of Pixie Stix.

Also hit pay dirt today with

House of Soy - 4 Leaf Clover

Bella - Ginger Lime

Tuscadero - Baton Rouge

All have been very strong!

Owie. Fleur, pinched nerves hurt! Get better soon!

[smilie=th_e3301ae2]

Fleur, if you don't mind me asking, can you tell me what your symptoms are? I've been suffering with back pain for around 2 weeks. One morning I woke up (just bought a new mattress today because ours is sagging) and my whole back hurt and it radiated to my hips. It's not a constant pain or ache but if I sit a certain way, lie flat on my back, or do a back bend I get pain (on a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being like labor pains I'd say the pain in my lower back is around a 5 or 6). It was getting better, slowly, but after sleeping on my back last night I woke up with pain again.

LLVV... Mine is in the upper back/neck area. I have pain in my back radiating down my arm... with some numb fingers. The pain is definitely worse in the morning. Even with pain medication it does not go away completely. Compared to labor pains (being a 10), I would say at times this is at least an 7-8 (if not worse). The arm pain is the worst. It just throbs and wakes me up at night.

LLVV, I hope you feel better soon. Take care of the pain so it does not get worse.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. You are all so sweet. I really miss checking in all the time. It has just been a rough week. I am hoping this turns a corner soon.

[smilie=th_e3301ae2]

Thank you so much Fleur for describing your pain. I hope that it gets better soon! Hugs! I don't think I have a pinched nerve as I have no numbness. I think I did something to it when I was sleeping. Poor mattress, poor position, and a big toddler taking up a lot of space in addition to daily exercise, house cleaning, and picking up a 37 pound preschooler.

Tonight I'm still melting Cranberry Cobbler.

For anyone who has DirectTv, you can get free HBO this weekend. I watched one of my favorite movies last night...The Perfect Storm. No clue why I love that movie but I do. That one, Castaway, and Dr. Zhivago are my favorites. I know, an odd combination but I never miss those 3 when on TV.

Thanks for the heads up on Direct TV. I'll be watching all those channels this week-end! I hope you feel better soon Fleur and LLVV!

Tonight it's Sage and Citrus from AMS's.

Just put on my last EW's Swedish and Ginger Cake, love this scent! It's super strong but doesn't last as long as some of Riss' others but still love it!!

LLVV and Fleur, sorry to hear about your pinched nerve and back pains:( Hope you feel better soon

g'nite all!

Just wondering, has anyone tried Sugared Spruce from CFTKR, Tuscadero's or Crosscreek? If so, what did you think, and did they last a long time? How was the strength? The only place I've tried it was from Can-do, and of course, can't order from there yet....Love that scent!

On topic: I'm currently melting Winter Cabin by CFTKR, Southern Breeze by Tuscadero's, and Downy Fresh by Dew Drop Scents. Back to cleaning...

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Tiffany, I have melted CFTKR's Sugared Spruce and I thought it was really good. LOL's is good, too, though you didn't ask about that vendor. They were both nearly identical in terms of scent and throw, and on par with Can-Do's version, IMO.

Fleur, so sorry to hear about your back pain. I hope you feel better very soon.

Tonight I continue my CFTKR kick. I'm awaiting two other orders and to tell you the truth, since I put up the rest of my Christmas tarts, I don't have much else. Good thing I could live on CFTKR alone if I had to!

Coffee Cake and Spice: Cozy, warm bakery scent with just the right amount of spice.

Sweet Cider & Pumpkins: I can't go too long without melting something pumpkin, and this is a sweet scent that's just too good to only smell in fall.

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Fleur and LLVV...hope you both feel better soon. I understand the feeling Fleur. I have a pinched nerve in my neck and back, and it does get better! Hang in there!

Tiffany ~ I've tried Crosscreek and CFTR's Sugared Spruce before. Both are very good! Crosscreek lasted longer and had a little stronger throw than CFTR's, but I liked CFTKR's sugared spruce scent better. LOL's scent is by far the best, and it lasted just as long as Crosscreek. Crosscreek's scent is also a little different from Can-Do's. Biggest throw and best sugared spruce IMHO was LOL. I also love that scent,so I have tried several vendor's sugared spruce. Like Jason, I know you didn't ask about other vendors, but since you like this scent so much, I thought you might want to know about some others.

Quite a few scents going this early morning, but just to mention a few:

Busy Bee ~ Chocolate Mint Ice Cream

Candledippers ~ Passionate Kisses (love this new scent)

CFTKR ~ Candy Cane

Can-Do ~ Thin Mints

Good Sunday Morning to everyone. Yesterday when I was at the Yankee store they had a new swirl candle out--Garden something or other--a mix of Garden Sweet Pea and MIdnight Jasmine. So, being the wax addict I am I bought a tart in each of those and this morning I cut them in half and have my mixture melting. It is a lovely floral scent and I like the mix way better than either of those scents alone. The swirl candle itself is really pretty--periwinkle blue and white.

Good Sunday Morning all! On this chilly morning I have on YC Sparkling Cinnamon..CFTKR's Orange Cranberry Spice and Farmer's Market.Have a good day!