The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Flirty February Fragrances

I am burning Canary Island Banana from Yankee (that I got from a wonderful member here) in the bedroom and I added the little freebie crumbs I got, in Banana Nut Bread to make it more interesting when it was starting to fade.

I have a YC Canary Island Banana tart, also, but have been afraid to try it ! :lol: I do like bananas ,but not sure I want to smell them for hours. [smilie=th_a136] I was thinking of mixing half of this one with a fruity tart, and like your idea, Little Shells. I have those free sample crumbles many of us got and will try out the banana with some of those scents. I also want to try the banana with a strawberry tart. Just can't imagine the smell of undiluted bananas ! [smilie=th_dd5]

Guest Anonymous

Dumped out Mexican Vanilla and replaced with HOT Banana Cream Pie. Another unusual scent for me to order but like this one better than Mexican Vanilla. Smells more like Banana Taffy though to me than Cream Pie. Still good and good throw.

Upstairs have Crosscreek Bamboo Sugar and Stolen Moments. Unsure about both of these so far.

Guest Anonymous

Happy Friday!!

I have on Fried apricot pie, and it smells delish in the kitchen, vanilla cupcake in the living room! I can't get enough of this! I've been buying them like crazy at yc.

Have you all tried Monkey burps? It has banana, and rum. I don't remember what else it has, but my customers at my pet boutique go nuts over it. It is kind of addicting. I may have to burn one of those tomorrow. They are yummy!

:lol:

karla

I have a Monkey Farts somewhere in my stash. Perhaps I'll dig it out soon. Thanks for reminding me that I haven't tried that popular scent yet.

Guess I need to head back to the YC store and pick up some of those Vanilla Cupcake votives. Has anyone smelled the new Velvet Petals by YC ? It had such a lovely cold smell...almost powdery. The description lists pink roses as one of the scents in it, but it did not smell very rosey to me.

Boogie--the YC Vanilla Cupcake has a nice strong, long lasting throw--I just love it. I have tried the Velvet Petals but didn't like it at all. It was too perfumey for me. The asst manager at our local Yankee store tells me it is fairly popular, though, so you might like it. Another one that is popular is the Sweet Violets. I liked it better but not enough to rebuy.

Boogie - I love the Velvet Petals - I also found it in the scratch n sniff catalog and about wore that page out! I will be watching for a BOGO with them.

:lol:

Trep and Debra, thanks for making me want to run out right now to YC ! :lol: Okay, I'll try the velvet petals but will only buy one votive in case I find it too perfumey. Will get several Vanilla Cupcake and maybe one of the Sweet Violets.

Would also love to know what everyone thinks of the other scents in YC's spring line:

Black Cherry, Fresh Cut Herbs, Midnight Jasmine, and Water Garden.

Oh.....and I also looooved the cold smell of the Cottage Breeze. [smilie=th_dd5] Has anyone tried that one ?

YC also has the prettiest accessories out for Spring.

http://www.yankeecandle.com/cgi-bin/ycbvp/subcat.jsp?category=%2fRetail%2fNew+Spring+Collection%2fNew+Spring+Accessories

Boogie--I like the Black Cherry, Fresh Cut Herbs and the Midnight Jasmine--can't stand Water Garden. The Fresh Cut Herbs was the biggest surprise to me as I don't usually like green scents but this one is great. Cottage Breeze is great if you like fresh scents--strong and long lasting.

I think the Black Cherry must be very popular because the bin of votives was almost empty while all of the other scents had full bins.

I'm not surprised that Fresh Cut Herbs is nice, based on the popularity of their Sage and Citrus.

Trep, I remember thinking that Water Garden had a strange cold smell. Guess I'll pass on that one. Thanks for the save !

Guest Anonymous

Not sure what I'll melt tonight. House full of squealing girls, so I need something relaxing. And I don't want to hear them going 'Ewww...what's that?' Guess I'll check out my stash to see what will fit the bill.

cyn, the cookie or cake type tarts may work with the kids. They will think you are baking some good stuff... :lol:

Guest Anonymous
cyn, the cookie or cake type tarts may work with the kids. They will think you are baking some good stuff... :lol:

That's a good thought, Fleur. I know I have a bunch of those to choose from. Thanks!

Fruity stuff seems to do okay for my girls-they love Mango...

I am melting Creamsicle Bundt Cake LOL and Lavendar Vanilla Lol today.

Just cleaned out the melters and put on LOL's Sugar Bits...yum... :lol:

Oh, and I have been using the "ice cube trick" to pop the melts out. I do not remember who originally posted this tip, but THANKS!!

Guest Anonymous

OK, I opted for White Cake from Cozy Cottage...seems to be going over well. In my area, I'm melting Paradise Island from Candle Haven - wowie! Love it!

Also Flannel Sheets from Cozy Cottage in the laundry room, since I'll be stuck in there much of the night.

White Cake, delicious!! Have fun with the squealing bunch of pre-teens (I have been there many times...a few years ago) Have a fun evening :lol:

[

Boogie quote

Would also love to know what everyone thinks of the other scents in YC's spring line:

Black Cherry, Fresh Cut Herbs, Midnight Jasmine, and Water Garden.

I purchased several but have not tried any. I REALLY loved vanilla lime on the cold throw. Can't wait to get in the mood for this one. Burning Berry Jam and several raspberrys again. I have an extra 9 year old boy at the house. I would know what to do with 12 girls. Makeup hair etc. This would be a breeze for me I' m a hairdresser. Boys play videos all night.

Cheryl

Guest Anonymous

I've had Tuscadero's Bear Claws on downstairs all day (one of the only bakery scents I have and it's kinda wet and rainy today) - and Momma's Soy Tart Mart Stormwatch upstairs - It's been a very nice throw and steady all day. I'm anxious to melt another one now and see how they do downstairs in my larger area.

For my "blue", it's Tuscadero's Montauk Point - so clean and fresh! Downstairs we have the new Texas Scentsations Merry Berry Christmas - LOVE it! Put in some of Cheryl's Blissful Fusion in the daughter's room and McCarley's Rain is in the guest bath. Have a great night all!