The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Flirty February Fragrances

Well, my chococherry cake wasn't a hit with the dh (he said it smelled like butt - how dignified of him, right?). He turned it off as soon as he walked in the door.

So, I just started melting lovespell from chc in hopes that it will make dh happy. I'll melt the chococherry cake again when he's at work tomorrow. He tends to like floral and fruity scents, whereas I tend to go for the bakery scents. Oh well. I enjoy my bakery scents when he's gone.

Heidi, it sounds like a comment from my husband. Whenever I put a Red Velvet Cake tart on, my husband asks if someone has gotten sick (not his words exactly but you can imagine). I tried a few different vendor's tarts, but I got the same comment so I will probably not re-order this scent. I really like the scent but he obviously has issues with this flavor... :)

Angie's Prim Fixins downstairs and Delish from Candle Haven upstairs. Pomegranate is still going strong in the kids' rooms.

Angie's Prim Fixins downstairs and Delish from Candle Haven upstairs. Pomegranate is still going strong in the kids' rooms.

I'm very curious about the Delish - do you like it? I'm on Indian Paintbrush again (definite reorder), plus Kozy Kabin (Tuscadero's - and YUM!).

send- I do like Delish. It has everything in there that the description said; apples, floral and woodsy notes. Her rating sytsem is right on. This one is an 8, not qiute as strong as the ones that are a 9 or 10, but still has a great throw. This was a sample, but I would probably order it as it is a very fresh, almost ozone type scent. Perfect for when you don't want anything too heavy, if that makes any sense.

send- I do like Delish. It has everything in there that the description said; apples, floral and woodsy notes. Her rating sytsem is right on. This one is an 8, not qiute as strong as the ones that are a 9 or 10, but still has a great throw. This was a sample, but I would probably order it as it is a very fresh, almost ozone type scent. Perfect for when you don't want anything too heavy, if that makes any sense.

Thank you so much! Sounds perfect and Delish has now made it to the list! Have a great night!

Guest Anonymous

Thank you so much! Sounds perfect and Delish has now made it to the list! Have a great night!

And that list will turn into an order when?

Trep, I forgot to say Happy Anniversary!!!

Tonight, I'm melting Kudzu and Vanilla Caramel from Candle Haven.

Night!

Guest Anonymous
Is the only difference the 'base' wax they use and possibly the amount of fragrance oil?

Jewel

Yes! exactly! I know that alot of my tart making mama friends buy their oils from the same places other makers do and alot of the change the scent names out so other makers can't exactly pinpoint where to get that oil and carry it. lol

I have quite a few friends who makes tarts and alot of times they find awesome scents and other makers want to find it to get in on the market as well. lol

CHanging the name up makes it harder to find the oils. lol

I had one friend of mine pay me $5 to find the vendor that makes sweet orange and chili pepper. lol

SHe was desperate to find it to add to her store and I told her i'd look and I'd find it. lol SHe thought no way so when I did she paid me. lol

I am friends with the mama behind Face of the Wave bath and body and she sends me oil links when I want to order something in a new scent that she doesn't have. If I buy it she will make the scent for me in a lotion. lol

Guest Anonymous

No burning for me today. Can't smell a darn thing with my messed up sinuses.

[smilie=th_aa17]

Good Morning, all. Thanks for all the good wishes on my anniversary--can't believe it was 33 yrs ago today--where did the time go? I put on YC Granny Smith this morning as it is one of my favorites. There is winter weather all around us this morning which I hate. So far, we are dry. You all have a great day. Nancy

Good Morning, all. Thanks for all the good wishes on my anniversary--can't believe it was 33 yrs ago today--where did the time go? I put on YC Granny Smith this morning as it is one of my favorites. There is winter weather all around us this morning which I hate. So far, we are dry. You all have a great day. Nancy

scary how fast it really goes..my oldest son is graduating in May (college), seems like yesterday he was petrified of getting on the bus for his 1st day of kindergarden..dry here too Nancy after a coating of snow yesterday..calling for snow and ice tomorrow..3 guesses what I will be doing lol..no work..so......sales here I come.

Guest Anonymous

Happy shopping, Jersey!

Had Vanilla Caramel (Candle Haven) going all night. It started to fade this morning, so I added Orchard Blend (Brandyanne's). Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper from Candle Haven (it's good). At work - ??? Guess I'll figure that out when I get there.

Have a good day!

Guest Anonymous

Last night....Cranberry and Orange Spice from Angie's, and Can-Do Windchimes in the bedroom. Both great.

Today at work: combo of Can-Do Cinnamon Sugared Cranberry and the remaining chunk of the Cranberry/Orange Spice from last night.

Guest Anonymous

I have freesia and vanilla essential oils on a warmer at work

YC Macintosh is still in the plug-in

Good morning all! I started out last evening with Tuscaderos Caramel Crunch and changed it out within two hours....very little caramel scent, it almost smelled burned. But that could have been because I used the Can Do muffin tin to melt a soy based candle. [smilie=th_BringItOn] I switched to Can Do's Warm Vanilla Sugar, and I honestly don't like that scent!! Too bad I have one more to go through. Can't put my finger on the fragrance note that is on top of the vanilla, but it's not for me. Hmmph.

This morning in my office I'm melting Tuscaderos Tahitian Vanilla Spice. Finally, a very nice vanilla! I'm liking this one!!

[smilie=th_aa17]

Jewel

Jersey - we want a full report! (drool, drool)

Cookie - isn't it annoying when you can figure out what that scent is that you don't care for? I have one that pops up every now and then - and it seems like everytime I come across it and go to check the scent description to finally identify it...that is a vendor with no scent descriptions! [smilie=th_aa17]

Today is Buckeye's lavendar. My favorite!

I am melting the Cottage Hill Lemon Bundt Cake tart that I had on yesterday. I have been out all morning. I will motivate and clean out the melters and start some new scents soon...

I have YC Vanilla Cupcake on in the living room --one of my favorites and am trying a new one upstairs from Bizzy B's--Appleberry Spice & Gourmet Sugar Cookie--I am liking this one really well. I have it in my Can Do tart tin and it is doing fine. Think I'll leave these on for the rest of the day and start fresh tomorrow.