The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Flirty February Fragrances

Guest Anonymous

Cheryl, I am glad you are safe.

Mpfand, I hope you feel better with your new medication.

Nana's Pound Cake was AWESOME this morning. From Bella's. Very strong scent throw and yummy.

I've now thrown in Grandpa's Garden, and I am loving it. It's from Cozy Cottage.

I don't know what else I'll put in this evening.

Karla, what is the blue? I'm melting almond pastries (crosscreek) and in for the night. Don't know what to start next its hot one day cold the next. I feel like burning Jack Frost then all of a sudden tahitian vanilla. Is there such a disease as candle confusion? I think the remedy would be GO SHOPPING!

Cheryl

Guest Anonymous

Cheryl, Go to the Hodge Podge forum, and they have Lighting the Blue, and join in! [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

For my blue I'm doing a blueberry cream crunch pie, and it smells so good I want to eat it!!

:)

karla

Thanks, cyngreen2. I'm already feeling much better. I am melting YC Vanilla Cupcake downstairs, Vanilla on Steriods upstairs and Pink Sugar in my daughter's room. Have a good evening, everyone!

I hope everyone is safe and recovering! I'm still at work but went home at lunch and put in Rain (McCarley's) for my blue in the kitchen for everyone sick or affected by the tornados. Upstairs, I refreshed Seminole Wind (Cheryl's) and my daughter's room has the lovely Tibetian Amber (LOL). In the downstairs bath, it's First Snow (Cottage Hill Creations). I love walking into a pretty smelling house and should be there in about 45 minutes. Hope everyone has a great night!!!!

I'm melting Bella's The Elvis tonight. I started it up in my bathroom first in the wall plug-in warmer and whoa! Within 1 minute, with the tiniest layer of wax melted, the scent was super strong. Now it's already made it's way to the other end of my apt. in the living room. I just started melting it in my tealight burner in the living room and I'm seriously wondering if I'll be able to handle the throw coming from two directions! Not sure what I think of the hot throw yet. So far I do like it better than the cold throw, which I wasn't crazy about.

Have a good night everyone. Stay safe and healthy! [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

You could tell her that when she comes on the forum next time-isn't that right Jersey???????

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

huh????:)

It's funny because I really wanted to like the tart I just melted. It was almond (which I like) and a bakery at that ( which I like) but instead it smelled really bad. anywho, Any suggestions how to get this smell out of my house, nostrils, and mind? Can't melt after that -just too intense. I will recover and post in the a.m.

Cheryl

I'm burning caramel turtle pie from aroma soy, and it smells so good that it's making me want to bake. Yum!

One of my favorites, I have another order due form aroma soy tomorrow...worth the wait, imo:)

Guest Anonymous
It's funny because I really wanted to like the tart I just melted. It was almond (which I like) and a bakery at that ( which I like) but instead it smelled really bad anywho, Any suggestions how to get this smell out of my house, nostrils, and mind? Can't melt after that -just too intense. I will recover and post in the a.m.

yuky!!!!!!!!! Get something that is your favorite quick, and get it going to get rid of that smell!!!

:)

karla

It's funny because I really wanted to like the tart I just melted. It was almond (which I like)

Cheryl

I have lots of trouble with almond. I like the scent but the tarts of that flavor are usually waaay to intense for me. [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Tonight is leftover Wildflower /Soybean ScentSations in the master, and Hawaiin White Ginger from Deanna Lynn in the living room, however it is with me upstairs in the office!

Ew, Cheryl, truck stop urinal, huh. Remind me to never try that one! Ick.

Glad everyone on the board survived the tornadoes and your families are safe. Thank goodness.

Tonight I have put on a YC Shortbread Cookie AND my Biscotti Woodwick candle in the living room. The two scents smell absolutely delicious together!

Guest Anonymous

Turned out I hated Grandpa's Garden...too perfumy.

I put on Addie Belle's Cinnamon Buns...eh. Mostly cinnamon.

Tuscan Lace from Cozy Cottage - nice, soft scent. Works well in a bedroom.

I was melting Gramma Fran's Buttercream, but I got very little scent throw. I added one cube of Cottage Hill's Red Velvet Cake. That was yummy.

Lilac Linen from LOL - very nice, soft, fresh scent.

Good night all -

Guest Anonymous

Hmmm.....let's see....

today was

Vanilla Milk from the CFTKR

Vanilla Bean Noel from MDD

Blackberry Jam from MDD

Red Velvet from MDD

Home Again container jar from Yankee

Fruit Loops from PTS (out of biz)

They all smell wonderful!!

Good Morning, all. I am trying one of the YC tart recipes--Cherry Jam--1/2 Black Cherry and 1/2 Berry Jam. I had tried the Black Cherry awhile back but thought it smelled like cough syrup after it got hot and the Berry Jam was a little lighter than I like. So far the combo is doing great--the Black Cherry pumped up the Jam and the Jam toned down the Black Cherry. Have a great day.

Guest Anonymous

Several going last night:

Snuggle Baby from CBV: SUPER strong! Really nice baby powder/lotion type; scent lingered for hours after I put the tealight out.

White Tea from Pine Point-free sample, would never choose it myself but LOVED it! Very soft scent; hard to describe....good for powder room or bedroom.

Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper from Angie's-great! very strong and nice.

Prim Fixens, also from Angie-not so impressed. I usually LOVE the spice combo scents, but I had this one going in three different melters and the scent and throw was unimpressive.

Amazing Grace from Pine Point-disappointed in this one, too. Not as close to the actual perfume as some of the others I've tried (Tuscaderos, Crosscreek are spot on dupes) and the throw was virtually non-existent.

Good morning everyone! So far, I'm burning yc's apricot and honey in my computer room. I'll probably start yc's mandarin cranberry in my living room when the kids and I start their school work in a little while, and I haven't decided what I want to burn in my bedroom yet.

Good morning to all. I've had sweet dreams of candle burning and melting and have recovered after last nights trauma. I am burning Gold Canyons Cozy Cabin. Nice for a cold day. Melting Banana Nut Bread in the kitchen. I guess I will continue my quest for the most realistic banana nut bread formulation. Did I tell ya'll that my husband thought I made bread one day after melting Fresh Baked Bread. He was so disappointed I really had to make a loaf.

Cheryl

Good morning Ladies,

Cheryl, I'm an almond fan in general, but I have NEVER found an almond or an amaretto melt that I could stomach. Something about that scent in wax just doesn't smell authentic and can be nauseatingly strong!

I melted Can Do's Buttered Pecans last night in my liviing room. This was the first Can Do melt I've tried that iddn't have much throw! :) I used the little tart pan that she sent me right on top of the plate and it really does help it melt faster, but I didn't get much out of that one. Hmmph.

This morning in my office is something completely different for me. I'm usually Bakery scents or Fruity scent, and I'm a Wild Woman today melting a large Nene's Cucumber Canteloupe! So far it's nice, let's see how I feel after 8 hours of sitting next to this thing!

Jewel

Hello! Well, I didn't get far today..logged on, saw the add for NW Candles at the top of the forum and went shopping...a 24W melter - and a good shipping rate!!!! [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

I priced one last night on another site and the shipping was $16.00. That was a no-go.

I am melting YC Vanilla Oak at the office today. It is one that most people like.