The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Flirty February Fragrances

Guest Anonymous

Happy Mardi Gras today!

Today going to melt Baton Rouge in honor of Mardi Gras. Still have ocean mist going upstairs and it is a beautiful blue so it works for burning the blue too.

Everyone have a great day.

Guest Anonymous

Melted Farmhouse Kitchen from Pine Point last night....AWESOME!!

It smells very similar to Celtic Moonspice, which as we all know, I just LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Thanks for the Mardi Gras reminder...I had forgotten!

Let the good times roll! [smilie=th_blij40]

You guys made me sick!!! I can still smell though,so it will not affect my melting today.The bonus is that DH is sick also-and CAN'T smell! Yay! I don't have to find one we both love!(of course I don't really cater my tarts too much anyway)

I put on Jack Frost from S&S today. I am not sure that this is an accurate Jack Frost-I am definitely smelling raspberry in there-Alot! I don't mind it,but I wasn't expecting it.

Well, I guess I am going to drag my sorry behind into the shower, so that I can get to the polls.

Happy Mardi Gras!

[smilie=th_blij40]

Burning toffee popcorn in my melters. Need a "funky" scent for a funky day. Deb if you read this I've been an addict officially since 2001 but my computer skills are slight at most so I didn't find candlefind until 2007. I decided to join your obsessive compulsive group when I realized I was the poster child. Therapy would cost far less than what I've burned in wax. Are there any therapists out there?

Cheryl

Happy Mardi Gras [smilie=th_idontknow]

(and Super Tuesday if you live in a primary state - don't forget to vote!) :oops:

Am not sure what I'm going to melt tonight...it's cold and rainy here and so probably I'll be back to my cozy winter scents (bakery, spicy).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Guest Anonymous

I'm burning my White tea & ginger candle again. It smells so good! I have my Apple Cinnamon in the kitchen.

I'm having to stay home, and pack today. We are finally moving into our new home up in Denton, Texas. We have been building for almost 2 years, and it is finally finished. I hate moving, but this will be the last time thank goodness. I need lots of homey smells going to get me ready!!!

[smilie=th_idontknow]

karla

I had a tart from Can-Do called "mardi gras". I brought it to school with me and melted it in the French teacher's room because she had a mardi gras celebration all day. I [smilie=th_idontknow]

Still not melting because of the darn nose, but I did get three boxes of tarts in the mail this week. I am just waiting for the nose to clear!!! I am going away for a long weekend. Hopefully my head will be clear when I come back so I can start melting some of the new tarts! Have a great week everyone!!

Happy Mardi Gras!!! [smilie=th_idontknow]

Guest Anonymous

I am still melting my blueberry hazelnut crisp from Brownbag.. I had 12 so I am trying to burn my older tars and work my way up.. I have given up tart buying for lent and the funny part is I still won't make a dent in the stash I have... Can you say obsessive-compulsive? :oops:

[smilie=th_idontknow]

I've got vanilla from candle-lite (Walmart) burning in my computer room, and it's pretty decent for being a cheaper tart. My fall harvest festival from aroma soy is being burned one last time in my living room before I dump it (it's just starting to poop out after 3-4 tealights, so not too shabby).

Melting Carols Christmas Time (yes....christmas time) and Grazia's Tahitian Vanilla.

Both are devine...........of course! The Tahitian Vanilla is a very tropical, perfect vanilla and Carols Christmas Time is a weird, but workable mix of a light xmas tree scent and some sort of bakery. I can't explain that one anymore, but it DOES work.

So, the kitchen smells like Christmas and the livingroom smells like a beautiful Aruba vacation. Oh......................how I wish I was in Aruba. Well, maybe not Aruba anymore, but some tropical island.

Have a wonderful evening everyone.

Well, made a 40 mile trip to the mall--bought a new tealight burner like some I used to have--these are shorter and do better for me. I am not a fan of tealight burners but my downstairs bath is not set up for electric. I have 3 YC Apricot tarts going--the first one this morning didn't do very well, but it must have been a dud as these are doing great. I got into an horrific rainstorm on the way home--couldn't see the road-lightning flashing, etc. It was quite a trip but I got 3 new mysteries to read and my new burner and a bunch of tarts so it was worth it.

I hope all of you who have been ill will soon be much better.

I need to go wash some dishes. See you all tomorrow. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Melting WNS Fresh Off the Line in the powder room. There's a bit of sweetness to it that keeps it from being too soapy smelling. Very nice and fresh. Angie's Olde Thyme Gatherings is in the kitchen/DR/LR and YC Lemon Lavender is in the MB.

Guest Anonymous

Melting CHC's Pumpkin Cheesecake......Something from Aroma Soy upstairs (I think it's D&G's Blue? - It's a men's fragrance dupe I believe, but it's a pretty bedroom scent).

Guest Anonymous
Therapy would cost far less than what I've burned in wax.

Cheryl

[smilie=th_idontknow]

Congrats on the new house, Karla! I hope the move goes smoothly for you.

That Lemon Pound cake from Bella's was fabulous!

I'm melting Bella's Bella right now, Lime Margarita from Serene Dream Shop, and Pomegranate Citrus from CYS. The Lime Margarita is nice, but too light for me. I used the wax button tarts, and threw in about 6 of them. Still only getting a faint whiff. I'm going to change that out soon.

I haven't ventured in the rest of the house to see how the other two are doing yet.

Tornadoes in the area. My husband won't let me light up. I can melt though and am burning YC mandarin cranberry at someones suggestion. NEWS FLASH ! NEWS FLASH! I bought a new candle today from a local soy vendor tell ya'll how it performs at a later date. I DID NOT NEED ANOTHER CANDLE but I really don't think that factors into the matter. How can I understand all of these vendors you all talk about in melts if you speak with initials. Help me I need more melt companies.

Cheryl [smilie=th_aa20]

Hi cheryl - I sometimes have trouble with the initials, too. And I am a well seasoned vetran! Perhaps we need a thread with commom abbreviations/initials! lol! [smilie=th_idontknow]

Clifty Creek Lavendar Apples and Oak for this evening.

I'm still burning LOL's Toasted Cherry Almond. The throw is a little lighter now, so it's more bearable for me. BUT when my DH came home last night he commented on how nice it smelled in the house and then a little while later (jokingly) compared it to the scent you would find in urinals. I kinda know what he meant (that toilet bowl cleaner smell) so I'm having hard time getting it out of my mind now!