The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

October's Haunting Fragrances

Guest Anonymous
:P Momoftwo! Any special plans for the day?

So far, I'm cleaning my kitchen [smilie=HBday] My kids have a half-day at school so I'll pick them up and then go grab the remaining items needed for Halloween costumes, then head to the gym for a bit so I can afford to eat whatever treats my family comes up with for tonight. I did start my day off treating myself to a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte when I dropped them off.

I'm about to put on Can-Do's Birthday Cake to melt, and am already burning Amish Harvest and Cran Slam candles (Harvest Glow and YC).

Oh, and I think I may have to also treat myself to a couple of wax purchases before some sales end :oops:

Thanks S0 much, everyone, for the birthday wishes - both here and in the birthday thread!!

[smilie=HBday]

momuvtwo, hope your day is great....it's a perfect day to treat yourself to some waxies!

That melter that is in the picture next to the jar of Reindeer Poo is a Jim Shore melter I bought on-line a couple of years ago....I don't remember the name of the etailer and I don't have the site bookmarked :oops: ....It is one of my favorite melters, at 21 watts it does a great job melting and the scents last a long time. They don't burn off as quickly as a 24 watt.

I am now melting the infamous Reindeer Poo.....and I really like it....it's got an evergreen and woodsy scent, but it's also very sweet smelling like fruit and berries. Wonder it that's how the real thing smells? :P

This morning I didn't even realize that tomorrow is Halloween!

I've switched everything out this afternoon. It's all Halloween, all the time around here for the next two days.

Melting:

Evening Eclipse - Vlad

EE - The Hunger

EE - Zombie

Candle Haven - Haunted House

HoT - Sensual Candy Corn in the BR

[smilie=th_FULL_O17] It smells scary around here.

Today it's French Vanilla and Oak from GHBT Wow!! This is really wonderful and very strong! A definite re-order!! Hope you're having a great Birthday Mom!!

Guest Doe

Momuvtwo- Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Today I have Cookie Jar from Busy Bee- smells good...

and Panna Cotta from Nene's- also very good

Cleaned out a few melters and added new scents. In the loft I have Butterscotch Brownies from Hodge Podge, in my daughter's room it's Choc-o-holic Cupcake from Busy Bee and in my son's room it's Vanilla Cupcake from YC.

I just started Rum Ripened Raisin...interestng scent.

I also just started Cinnamon Spice Salsa. I can't smell it yet as it hasn't started melting.

Update...the raisin scent just started throwing a bit and I'm getting nauseous. I don't think I'm pregnant. I guess it's just not my kind of scent. I'll let it go for a little bit longer to see if it improves.

For the afternoon melts I've got going Cozy Cottage Candy Corn in LR, Nene's Candy Corn in Kitchen and Crosscreek Candy Corn in FR.

It sure smells great in here!

It was very spicy in here so instead of taking a scent away, I added Sweet Pumpkin from Cozy Cottage and Pumpkin Souffle from HoT.

I've got a ton of scent going on around here, but all of our windows are open, it's about 75 degrees outside, and my whole world smells fabulous.

Afternoon melts are buttercream in the den from Jason and Lily's, in the kitchen Angie's primitive times along with Can-do warm vanilla sugar. In the bedroom it's CH vanilla grapefruit! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Let the Halloween roll call begin!

Everyday Whims - Haunted Forest

Sage Grove - The Great Pumpkin

Dark Candles - Coffin

Dark Candles - Crypt Moss

It is smellin' pretty sinister in here! [smilie=th_326db8b3] (But I liike it!)

Tonight's pre-Halloween celebration melts are Cinnamon Spice Salsa and Pumpkin & Sugared Hazelnuts. I'm saving Candy Corn for tomorrow afternoon. The Cinnamon Spice Salsa is interesting. I was afraid that it was going to smell like real salsa. That's yummy but I don't want my house to smell like it...LOL. Anyway, Cinnamon Spice Salsa is almost like cranberry and cinnamon. I smells lots of cinnamon with a touch of cranberry in the background. It's a nice scent.

I tried the Rum Ripened Raisin again but for some reason my stomach can't stomach it. I think it's the raisin scent. It's very strong and I really want to like it but the raisin is killing me. I think I have an aversion to the smell of raisins. Even just the though of a raisin gives me the heebie jeebies. I eat them in Grape Nuts, oatmeal, and meatloaf but that's it.

I know how you feel, LL - I can not handle to smell of pancake/hotcake tarts. I love the cold sniff - try them a bunch, but usually dump soon because the queasies start.

Great Pumpkin pooped out. On to Cabin Fever Primitives: Witches Brew. So far it is a good patchouli - as nice as a YC one!

Changed out all of my melters now that my boyfriend is out.

YC-frosted pumpkin votives (2)

YC-pumpkin pie

Cozy Cottage-Pumpkin Cornbread

Cozy Cottage-Sweet Pumpkin

Cozy Cottage-Petaluma Pumpkin Muffins

I'd have to say the best is the all soy Sweet Pumpkin so far [smilie=th_326db8b3]