The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

OK - I don't know if it is because I put the Can Do tart tin on my 20w electric burner as Trep suggested or if it is Front Porch tarts, but that Winter Wonderland is all over the house drowning out all my other scents. It's a really strong Christmas tree scent that I like but boy is it strong. I had to cut if off. Think I will wait until Christmas for that one and try another Front Porch one to compare throw.

Guest Anonymous
OK - I don't know if it is because I put the Can Do tart tin on my 20w electric burner as Trep suggested or if it is Front Porch tarts, but that Winter Wonderland is all over the house drowning out all my other scents. It's a really strong Christmas tree scent that I like but boy is it strong. I had to cut if off. Think I will wait until Christmas for that one and try another Front Porch one to compare throw.

Actually, I'd say a Front Porch tart (especially that one) in a tart tin on a 20-watt, is probably overkill! lol I have found those Front Porch tarts to be VERY strong....in fact, one of the few that can throw throughout my house in nothing but a 14-watt!

Guest stardustgirl

I finally decided on a scent for in here... CBV Lemon Meringue Pie. Very VERY yummy! It's got a bit more lemon than her lemon poundcake, but not quite as much as Lovin' Lemon.

I am melting Grandma's Kitchen from Hodge Podge in the kitchen and LR this morning. The throw on this is light, but good in that it's kind of wafting throughout the entire house. It's a very nice, homey type scent that kind of reminds me of YC Home Sweet Home.

I'm melting only Cocomint Frost now. I split the tart between two tealight melters. This is a very good scent, but you all knew that. Right? I would have never put coconut with mint but somehow it works beautifully. The coconut really smooths out and softens the mint. It smells creamy somehow. It seems to have a medium throw, but my nose is still stuffed up so it may be stronger than I think.

Kudos to Can-Do. :lol: Lessie left her recipes in good hands.

Guest Anonymous
OK - Mom - thanks for the update. I am off to put a Front Porch Twigs & Berries in my Jackal.

That is one of my favorites from them - from anywhere, actually. But they do a great job with it. In fact, I wish I had ordered it this last round but I forgot :) I'm interested to hear how it does in your 14-watt.

I've pulled my Jackel melters back out for the day. Lately I'm really stuffy, postnasal drip/cough kinda thing going on with no symptoms of actual illness, and I'm wondering if it's not the overpowering combination of upping the wattage on my melters and switching the wax I"m used to. I figure toning it down to a dull roar for my nose would be more fun than not melting for a few days at all......

Today I'm melting Coconut Lime from Melissa, Excellent! Also melting Indian Summer from Melissa. I love this very unique scent.

Just got home and got some great deals today. I went to Michaels and came away with 2 3.5 oz candles and 5 tarts for $3.34 tax and all. I thought that was pretty good. I also got some tarts several other places on sale so it was a profitable day. I have switched out to a Mainstays Strawberry Kiwi tart--will see if it is any good or if I wasted $.33! We will see. Have a great evening everyone. It is raining here.

Black Raspberry Vanilla - Cottage Hill. Good, strong version.

Hyacinth - Bloomwick. Nice, softer floral.

Lavender Vanilla - Sheba's. I'm pleased with this one. Mostly lavender.

Kauai Ginger Blossom - Cloud Nine. Lovely and unusual.

Lime, Basil & Mandarin - Smells So Sweet. Gonna dump this one.

I also like Cottage Hill's version of Black Raspberry Vanilla. Very nice.

Tonight I lit a Circle E candle in Cotton Candy scent, and a CBV surprise candle.

Also a Candle Dippers melt in Buttercream Crunch.

Guest Anonymous

Cynthia & Jules (and anyone else who uses CHC tarts) - Mind if I ask what kind of melters are you using to get such a strong throw from them?

Cynthia & Jules (and anyone else who uses CHC tarts) - Mind if I ask what kind of melters are you using to get such a strong throw from them?

I used a glass tealight melter for that one.

Guest Doe

momuvtwo- My order from CHC was hit and miss with scents. With CHC tarts I start off with my 14 watt if no scent I move to my 20 watt. Out of 20 different scents 7 gave me a strong scent and throw, the others were very light.

Guest Anonymous
momuvtwo- My order from CHC was hit and miss with scents. With CHC tarts I start off with my 14 watt if no scent I move to my 20 watt. Out of 20 different scents 7 gave me a strong scent and throw, the others were very light.

Do you normally use the 14-watt melter for most of your melting or do you prefer the 20-watt normally? Thanks for responding - I was wondering if I needed to use a different melter to have more success.

Guest Anonymous

I used a glass tealight melter for that one.

Thanks, Jules - Do the glass melters put out more or less (or the same) heat as a ceramic melter? I've been afraid to try those yet but they are SO pretty I think.

The melter I'm using right now for them is a 20W melter. I don't get a great throw from all of them, but certain scents have been killer. The Black Cherry, Black Forest Truffle, and Black Raspberry Vanilla were quite strong. Bear Claws started out very strong, but I didn't really care for her version.

Guest Doe

momuvtwo- my 20 watt is the only one giving me a good throw with CHC. WIth Nene's and Busy Bee I can use my 14 watt and get a good strong throw.

Still have the CandleDippers Orange Creamsickle melting - it is still very strong. I used the whole scent shooter - easily could have used 1/2!

[smilie=th_a056]

Other scents:

NW Soy - Goldleaf and Hydrangea (light, but I love this scent) Tealight melter

Chelez - Pineapple Blossom, medium scent, 24w melter.

Cloud 9 - Tahitian Melon and Passion Fruit, 1 cube in the tealight...needs 1 more!

Guest Doe

Today I still have the Creme Brulee from Busy Bee going, still strong and a votive in Caribbean from Busy Bee ( pretty good throw for a votive)