The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

Guest Anonymous

Bamboo and Tarragon - Candle Haven.

Last day of summer vacation - kids go back to school on Monday already...where did it go?! [smilie=th_bb20]

Hi everyone! Nancy, I'm happy to hear your kitty is home!

Cyn, we love football season at my house, too. Also my 6 year old son started tackle football (which I tried to veto) and they made him quarterback.....those little guys look so cute in their uniforms!

I have Pretty Woman from Can-Do in my bedroom, and Colonial Fruit Bowl in kitchen from CFTKR. Yesterday I had a hard time melting my Country Apple from Can-Do. It would only melt about 50%. I had no problems getting it out once I popped in the freezer, but I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't melt well. I had no problems melting in my other melter.

[smilie=th_bb20]

[smilie=th_bb20] Good Morning.

Welcome home Samson. That's great news Trep.

YC - Candy Hearts swirl jar

CandleDippers - Buttercream Crunch melt

YC - Candy Apple tart

Still melting the Zucchini Bread from yesterday... this is one long lasting melt (I usually don't let them go this long, but the scent is so yummy!).... I will probably change out later this morning... this is a nice "breakfast time" scent... [smilie=th_bb20]

This melt is from Tuscadero's .... it reminds me a lot of the Bella's zucchini bread... does anyone have a favorite vendor for the zucchini bread scent? I can't remember offhand, but I have tried a few that have had a little sharper edge to them (not my taste)... Tuscadero's and Bella's versions are really delicious and realistic... :cry:

Lots of football fans here.... my husband watches football and he is a Giant fan! I am more of a baseball fan... the Yankees... been watching them since I was a little girl!

Hi Samson....so glad you are doing better. I hope they are spoiling you!!!

This morning's melt before work is Pomegranate Lime from TS in the kitchen, Antique lace from Grandma's Homebrewed in the Living room, and in the comp room it is Jelly Berry Butter Cookie from The Blue Gecko.

have a great day all. [smilie=th_bb20]

Guest stardustgirl
Cyn,...just noticed your new avatar...who do you root for?

My favorite team is the Indianopolis Colts, but I have several teams I like to watch.

You can have them! I wasn't a football fan in the first place, but to have our taxes shoot up to the point where many are losing their homes in part because the politicians want the egoboo of having a fancy new dome and a Superbowl really ticks me off. It's a very polarizing topic here, but I feel if the Colts wanted a new stadium, they doggone well make enough money to pay for it themselves. They schmoozed a deal where taxpayers pay for it, and they get the benefits. It's disgusting.

Not that I have an opinion about that, LOL! [smilie=th_bb20]

I'm melting Shortie's Blueberry Cobbler. I'm liking it... it's sweeter than either CBV or Chandler Lane. All of them are pleasant, but I think my personal preference is toward the sweeter scent on this one.

I am on the second tealight for CocoaPink's Creme Coconut. It's still throwing very well and smells so good! I also have Bella's Provocative Vanilla going in the bathroom.

I'm expecting my Hodge Podge order today so I'm not going to start anything new. Just wanted to pop in and say [smilie=th_bb20]

I'm so glad Samson is back home, Nancy. He certainly deserves a little spoiling! :lol:

Fleur, my favorite zucchini bread scent was from Candle Haven. :cry: Tuscadero's is the only other vendor I've tried zucchini bread from so I don't have much to compare to, but, I do like it and it lasts forever! I agree, it's a perfect breakfast time scent! :lol:

I'm waiting for my order from Carol to come before I start melting. I did finish up a Sweet Pumpkin Bar tart earlier this morning.

fleur - I recently tried Sugar and Spice's Zucchini bread. I am not usually a fan, but I melted out the very last drop of scent in this one.

Too busy to ice again...have YC Peace simmer oil in the plug-in.

Today I am already on my 2nd scent burnings, anyway these are all mine:

red velvet cake, pumpkin pie and mango papaya, I found them while trying to organize all my stuff, both melts and bath and body..yikes it is an undertaking.

Who ever posted the YC vanilla cupcake/pumpkin pie mix idea, Thanks a bunch, I think it was Nancy, I picked some up of both yesterday and burned them last night, great scent.

I almost picked up the vanilla caramel tarts as they smelled stronger than last year, but I remember how disappointing they were so I passed.

Still on the hunt for shortbread cookie..my store did not have any:((

Guest Anonymous

I have Tuscadero's scents going today - Nebraska Sunflowers downstairs, and Falling in Love upstairs (this was a sample, smells good but I have no idea what the scent is made up of). I'm off to take my kids bowling - they kids get to pick how they want to spend the last day of summer vacation each year, and this was it (followed by swimming all afternoon and pizza for dinner probably! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

I got tired of waiting for UPS so I'm melting Buttery Caramel and Blueberry (old but really good version). The blueberry tarts are from my second order with Carol back in the spring of 2006 and they still smell as good as the day I got them.

Tayberries and Teakwood from Crazy for Candles ~ THIS IS THE BEST EVER SCENT!!!! This scent is hard to find and the very few times I have found it did not even compare to Crazy for Candles version. This scent is awesome! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Thanks for the zucchini bread tips everyone.... I finally dumped that tart... and it still had some fragrance left... I was just ready for a change... that is a definite re-order!

I just put on Homemade Strudel from Front Porch... have a great afternoon... [smilie=th_ecd36868] [smilie=th_WE1summer013]