The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

Star, that's really pretty! Yum! those boiled peanuts were gooood! I finished them off for breakfast this morning I haven't been melting today...have a Bella candle going....candle shop. [smilie=th_yahoo]

What a beautiful tile and grout Star!

Today I'm melting Danish Pastry...yummy! It smells exactly like a biscotti.

Have now switched to Candle Haven Zucchini Bread and Carol's Hot Apple Pie....yum on both of them!!!

Guest stardustgirl

Thanks! I had no idea such a thing existed until the guy asked if I wanted to try glow-in-the-dark grout. That was a "NO!" on my part (his wife shot him down too... I guess he's really hoping someone will use it, LOL!)

Someone needs to invent scratch n sniff grout for us wax addicts.

Sorry, Cyn!

[smilie=th_yahoo]

I didn't realize it was too wide... I've made it smaller. What is the width limit on the board?

My Shortie's order arrived! I've fired up the melter in the living room with Black Cherry.

I wouldn't want to scratch n sniff any of our bathroom grout. I've got boys with bad aim. [smilie=th_yahoo]

Tonight I've got going:

Candle Dippers - Amish Friendship Bread

Bella Bug Boutique - Zucchini Bread

burning Colonial Candle - Cardamom pillar

CBV - suprise jar candle

YC - Candy Hearts swirl

I have just put on Orchard Pear from Yankee for the evening.

Good news--Samson (our cat) is home!! He is doing really well and doesn't even have to take any more medicine. The vet gave him a shot which will last for a week so he doesn't need anything else. He is eating and drinking and seems very happy to be back with us. Thanks so much to all of you for your expressions of concern. These animals can sure steal your heart, can't they?

trep... so glad Samson is home and happy... I am sure you are relieved! Enjoy cuddling with him!

Jules... I would not want to scratch n sniff my grout either... for the same reason... [smilie=th_yahoo]

We just had a round of thunderstorms roll through.... hail too!!! Wow!

Still melting the zucchini bread... nice and long lasting... :?

Thanks, stardust, for the visual! That is really cool - how clever of you!

Hooray for Samson!

I had 2 sons in the house and sniffing ANTHING they were involved with was risky, [smilie=th_yahoo]

It is still afternoon here so my into-the-dinner- hour melts are:

Cloud Nine - Sugar Cookies

Chelez - Strawberry Shortcake ( not powerful at all), Sex on the Beach (also very mild), Pineapple Blossom - (way stronger than the other 2)

Guest Anonymous

Trep- [smilie=th_yahoo] Glad your Samson is home - such good news!

Just puttin on one of Carol's new ones - vanilla hazelnut brulee - cold smell is good.

Got one of her jack-o-lantern melters, too. C'mon fall! :?

Candle Dippers - Geisha.....I love this scent....find that I am liking quite a few of Candle Dipper's scents....it seems that her 3 oz. shot cup is the most econonical way to go, but please tell me how you cut a 3 oz. round tart into 3 equal pieces without making a big mess? :?

I run a sharp knife under my water hot shot and then an apple corer for larger tarts, and then cut the tart on a cutting board. It really is worth the extra effort. If you don't have a hot shot, running a knife under very hot water will work too. Once they are cut, I sometimes put them in the poly pro bags I got from Wal-Mart to keep them fresh.

Melting my new blueberries now...Can-Do's Blueberry Pie, and Pure Scent's Blueberry Muffin. Pure Scent's brittle on this is great! Can-Do just got started, so I'll get back on this one.

I'm in heaven with all the new scents I got today!

[smilie=th_yahoo]

Thank you very much, Heart2Heart. I really do appreciate the advice.

Busy Bee - White Cake...OK scent throw and OK scent.

Guest stardustgirl

Trep - glad Samson is doing OK! He's probably thrilled to be back home.

I'm laughing at the "eeew" comments on scratch n sniff grout. I don't mean your current grout... but what if you could embed your favorite scent ever into grout and then when you need a quick fix - there it is! My previous grout, oddly enough, was about the only thing in that bath that held up.

In here I'm burning the last of my el-cheapo can't-smell-em pillars to use them up before this room is emptied.They're supposed to be berry scents. I've got my Eucalyptus Spearmint B&BW candle burning in the bathroom.

Switched to a couple of late night scents-

Tonights leading ladies...

Aunt Carol's Crumb Cake- Can-Do: Smells nice, but similar to other bakery tarts I've melted. In fact, there is a strange sameness to several of the different bakery scents I've melted from various vendors.

Mimi's House- Can-Do: Wow, now this is a unique scent! I smell crisp Macintosh apples, savory spice and a distinct woodsy note. Mimi's house smells like home! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Very pretty pictures you've shared, Star!

Tonight

Cinnamon - Bloomwick. Just like the red hot candies.

Angel Cake - Cottage Hill. I hated this and dumped immediately.

Black Cherry - Cottage Hill. Very good and strong, but won't burn the nose-hairs.

Cinnamon Buns - Cloud Nine. This is a version I like. Not too much cinnamon. Smell the buttery cake, too. Yummy!

Mango Mandarin - Kreations by Kathie. Didn't care for this.

Cyn,...just noticed your new avatar...who do you root for?

My favorite team is the Indianopolis Colts, but I have several teams I like to watch. Really hope the Saints do well this year. I used to root for Green Bay - guess it'll be the Jets now. [smilie=th_shewiggle] Do you follow the game?

Trep, I'm glad to hear Sampson is back home with you. Hope he continues to do well.

This morning,

SparklePuss - Sparkling Violets

Cheryl's - Bamboo

Cottage Hill - Black Forest Truffle

Happy Friday to everyone!

Good Morning-

Hope Sampson is having a wonderful morning!

Cyn-many years of being a football widow taught me that I had better appreciate the game if I ever wanted to make it in Kansas City!!! So I am a huge Chiefs fan-win or lose!

I am glad that the Green Bay drama is finally over. I hope he is happy in his new home.

This morning I am melting-

Satin Sheets-Nene's

Crisp Cucumber-Nene's(this is a great day opener)

Citrus Smoothie-CFTKR

Great combo! Smells fab in here!

Good morning!

Nancy - I am thrilled to hear that Samson is home!!! :cry: I hope you have many more happy years with him.

Cyn - My dh is a huge Colts fan, too. I don't really like football, but I've learned to handle it over the years. I get in some good reading time during football games. :lol:

Star - Your grout and tile look gorgeous! You have done a fabulous job!

This morning, it's bergomot coriander from crosscreek in the computer room, rhubard & berries compote from crosscreek in the living room, and snickerdoodle from hodge podge in the kitchen. I'm still icing my bedroom melter, so I'll get that one going in a bit.

My kids are coming home some time this morning, so my week of peace will soon be over. I have thoroughly enjoyed having a week with only 1 kid, but I'm really excited for the other 3 to get home. I think it's been a little too quiet (remind me of this in a week, when I complain about it being too loud :lol: )

[smilie=th_bb20]