The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

Guest Anonymous

Jewel, I think I would have needed a stronger scent for that - something with some ALCOHOL in it! lol Just kidding.

I had CHC's Cinnamon Rolls going for work this morning, then turned on the rest of my Rosemary Mint from last night (also from CHC and my current favorite scent) - Starting a fresh one now but only because I moved my melter to see if the throw is any different and I wanted to compare the same scent. I actually am in the mood for a different scent, but that would wreck my experiment :lol:

Guest Anonymous

It is raining cats, and dogs here this morning! I have YC Watermelon on so it will fill more like Spring in here!

:lol:

karla

Wow, Cookie! I hope it is a really nice roof! :lol:

Today is my first Mookie - got them awhile ago, but had not started melting them yet. Apricot Blossom, hope it gets a little stronger, can't smell it very much so far.

OMG Cookie, which state do you live in and how large is your house? We are getting ready to re-roof our home too, and were told it would be about $5000. I have a 2 story 2300 sq. ft. home.

Melting YC Tahitian Tiare Flower and Jerseymom's pink sheets(which is a blue tart !).

Hi all-

I have Sweet Tarts-Dew drops(love this scent!) going in the DR. I have Fun in the Sun-CHC in the kitchen. Amber Romance-Essential Pleasures in the BR. And am burning Rain Forest-Mia Bella in the LR.

It is another dreary day of Rain! Gotta love Missouri!

Guest Anonymous

Dumped out Cheryl's Raspberry Cinnamon & Clove...blech!! [smilie=th_e16]

Moved onto Angie's Fruit Loops - LOVE this one!

Guest Anonymous

Hi Momuvtwo: in a word: YUCCK!! I let it go for several hours before biting the bullet. Unfortunately, everything in my order (except one) has this odd, perfume/soap undertone that is simply nasty. I've only had this experience one other time, too, and it's a shame, because so many have had such great things to say about this site. Of the 7 scents I got, 4 are already in the trash. Only 1 actually smells OK when melting, but it smelled oddly on cold sniff also.

Oh well. Chaulk it up to nothing ventured, nothing gained! But a re-order is out of the question.

Guest Anonymous
Hi Momuvtwo: in a word: YUCCK!! I let it go for several hours before biting the bullet. Unfortunately, everything in my order (except one) has this odd, perfume/soap undertone that is simply nasty. I've only had this experience one other time, too, and it's a shame, because so many have had such great things to say about this site. Of the 7 scents I got, 4 are already in the trash. Only 1 actually smells OK when melting, but it smelled oddly on cold sniff also.

Oh well. Chaulk it up to nothing ventured, nothing gained! But a re-order is out of the question.

Beth What did Cheryl say about your order? Did you notify her and tell her you had a problem? I always feel it fair to give them a chance to make it right whether it be a refund or a redo of the order. Alot do like her stuff so I am thinking something was "off" with your order or maybe that particular day something was off when she made anyone's order. At bare minimum, contact her and let her know [smilie=th_myspacepunked_sign0009]

Guest Anonymous

I had a whole order smell like that from a lady off of ebay. I emailed her, and complained so she sent me another batch that didn't have that perfumy odor in my bakery tarts.

She also told me she was sorry, but it was because she didn't soap her vat long enought, and had been making florals so the floral smell was in her other tarts.!!? So whatever that means huh.

I assume when you smell soap they didn't clean it well enough from the soap!??

[smilie=th_e16]

karla

Guest Anonymous

Beth, thanks for sharing. Very similar to my previous experience......I think I'm once again resolving to stick with my tried-and-true's.......

Guest Anonymous

Hey Ladies & Jason..Melting LOL Vanilla Pearl(something like that) and LOL Buttermilk pancakes(fabulous).. [smilie=th_e16]

Guest Anonymous

Lil Bear Creations Jelly Bean and Aroma Soy Blueberry Muffins.

I can't really smell the jelly bean at all.

The aroma soy is in the wall plug in and it is all the way in my Master Bedroom and I can smell it clear across the house to the kitchen.

This one is a keeper.

Good afternoon all. It has been pouring rain here in southern Missouri since last night--people's homes are flooded and roads are washed out, including my driveway--what a mess. I hope it quits soon. I feel so sorry for those whose homes have been ruined.

For this evening I have on Can Do Sugar Butt, Cobblestone Banana Pudding and Can Do Pink Carnation. I know several weeks ago someone was wanting a good Pink Carnation that wasn't perfumey--this would be it. When I walk into the bathroom it smells like I have real carnations in there--wonderful floral--not overpowering at all.

Well, have a great evening all and I'll be trying to send this rain to those of you who may be in drought stricken areas.

OMG Cookie, which state do you live in and how large is your house? We are getting ready to re-roof our home too, and were told it would be about $5000. I have a 2 story 2300 sq. ft. home.

East of Seattle...and the sq footage of the house is only 1250, but with soffits, pitch, everything he said the roof measured at almost 2300 sq ft! And from what we were told, the cheapest we could get would be about $12,000 for a composition roof. We plan on selling in about 2 years, and research tells us that composition roofs are sort of a red flag to buyers. We got a simple PVC rubber sheet type roof. Not pretty, but our house has such a low slope (almost flat!) that you won't be able to see it. It was actually closer to $20k, but because it's springtime (lots of rain in Seattle) they need the work and gave us a nearly $2500 incentive to buy last night and agree to have it done within six weeks. They have their own doppler and pick a 4 day dry spell and give us 3 days notice. We agreed!

The weather out here coupled with a low slope gives us few options...metal for $28k (almost had a heart attack) and rubber...which wasn't heart attack, but I did almost require a diaper. :P

[smilie=th_e16]

Jewel

trep, I hope it dries out soon. Stay safe!!

CookieJewel, I hope the roof gets done in good weather. I know here in the Northeast construction costs are pretty high. House maintenance is a must though, so we do what we have to do... although that would buy a lot of tarts!

I just started melting The Spotted Hog's Shortbread Cookies. I could not detect much of a cold scent on this one... I will see what it is like once it warms up...

Trep, that's awful about the flooding. I hope it quits soon.

Wow, CookieJewel on that roof! I know that stings, but at least it is an investment.

I am melting Winter Garden from CFTKR for my blue this evening. I think it's blue...like a pale blue color. Smells wonderful.

Also got Coconut Lime from Texas Scentsations going. I like this, but don't detect the lime. More of a sweet coconut, like a pina colada.

I am melting Crosscreek strawberry white cake. I'm having to stick my nose in it to smell it, and I don't smell any cake...this might get dumped!

Guest Anonymous
I am melting Crosscreek strawberry white cake. I'm having to stick my nose in it to smell it, and I don't smell any cake...this might get dumped!

Don't stick your nose in it. That wouldn't feel too good. [smilie=th_e16]

I am about to change my warmers out. I didn't like the jelly bean at all and I want to turn the one in the living room on for the night.

Okay, I picked Jen's Soy Creations Hazelnut Cream and CYS Neopolitan. I don't know how long the neopolitan will last. I didn't really care for the cold smell.

We'll see.

Heidi--I have been praying for some of this moisture to get to you guys and others in the southeast. We have had a lot of drought here too and I would much rather have it wet but not to the extent where it is hurting people. I hope this keeps going your way and you get some relief. We have had 16" of rain this year already which is crazy!!