The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

January's Frosty Fragrances

Good Morning Everyone.......Burning Apple Strudel (Heart of the Prairie) and a Swan Creek Candle Vanilla Pound Cake....on this Snowy Cold Morning, with more snow on the way!

Tarthound....I teach teenagers also...they keep me young and make me laugh! Hope all the youngsters are on the mend. This morning it's two from Tuscaderos...black magic and all hallow's eve. Also from CHC...frankincense and myrrh! :P

I've also got AMS's Zucchini Bread going! Great strong scent! I can smell it all through my house! Yum!!! :P

Guest scentedstamper

Good morning! Sorry I missed your question last night debra 99- regarding Pink Crush. I would say it is different, but I like it! It is definitely a "pink sugar" scent but that is more in the background if you know what I mean, and a very citrusy scent is in the foreground. Anyone else care to give a better description?

Getting a slow start this am and continuing some of last night's melts so far: LOL Green Apple Caramel Crunch, CFTKR Happy Birthday Vanilla Cupcake, Country Spice and Cinnamon Spice Salsa.

Get well wishes to those who need it, and have a great day!

Sheryl

Trying a 2nd tealight of YC's Cherry Blossom. I got no scent throw from it the first time, thought maybe it was my nose because I'm stuffed up, but better today and still nada :P

I'll replace it with YC plumeria. I want to give this one another shot as more YC coupons came in the mail (BOGO on S/M/L jars)!

Good Morning!

Last night I didn't share what I was melting..it was Mookie Doodle's Blueberry Muffin

This morning I chose Nene's Birthday Cake...I'm sure this will be yummy

Have a wonderful one!

I haven't been melting a lot lately so I still have Butter Drop Cookies and Southern Vanilla going.

Good morning to everyone. I'm melting the other half of LOL-American Dreams. Great Scent!! Also, finishing out Ten Digits-Blue Sugar in the kitchen. I need to run some errands before the 4-6 inches of snow we're suppose to get later today into tonight. Everyone stay safe and warm and happy melting.

Wow all you ladies seem to really love those bakery scents. Me. not so much as it would make me hungry and I don't want to be reading about all those scrumptious sounding candles that have no right to be anything but desserts (I have a big baked good weakness that I try to keep under control). [smilie=th_blij31-1]

As a guy who likes candles I wanna hear about fresh scents and nice florals and earthy scents not the endless bakery stuff! [smilie=th_e16]

Besides, if I wanted my house to smell like cake I would just bake one. This guy can cook! :P

DISCLAIMER - This post is a JOKE! I couldn't resist giving you all the business...I'm a funny guy. [smilie=th_107]

Tarthound....I teach teenagers also...they keep me young and make me laugh! Hope all the youngsters are on the mend. This morning it's two from Tuscaderos...black magic and all hallow's eve. Also from CHC...frankincense and myrrh! [smilie=th_blij31-1]

Dabba,

I am a actually a substitute teacher that works everyday. I love the kids from Pre-K to 12th graders. I can teach all the classes and I have a huge variety as a pem sub. Great scents you got there......Tuscaderos.......don't remember them.

Jen

Tarthound, you have a tough job. It's great that you enjoy it! I am a former teacher now SAHM and I know how rought kids can be on the subs. Whenever my roomates had a sub in for the day I'd try to stay around if I knew my roomate had a tough group of kids. I never wanted to intrude on the sub so I only stayed around in the worse situations.

Welcome bigred....nice to meet you! Do you like Blue Sugar?...it is more of a masculine scent, but many of us ladies love it too! EW, Can-Do, and many other vendors make tarts and candles in this scent.

Kim, love American Dream from LOL.....I have a number of B&B products in that scent (American Cream) from MCS....I always get compliments when I wear that fragrance! It does very well in tart form too!

This is what I have going right now.....

OV-Pink Cupcake jar

Warm Glow Oatmeal Raisin Cookie hearth candle

That is all for now....

I got my YC scented catalog a couple of days ago and finally got around to taking a look and sniff last night. I am loving the Spa Fresh, Blue Hydrangea and Sweet Pea! I thought I would really like the Plumeria, but it's just sort of meh to me.

I may spring for a couple of new candles for spring with the coupon!

Jules - what scent do you recommend for covering regurgitated Gatorade? LOL! I need sumthin' strong! I found a plastic bag that used to wrap a chicken hiding behind the trash can tonight...ew. I smelled it when I walked into the house!

Oh, I did not need to read this. [smilie=th_107] Hoh boy. DS was up a few times during the night, but he's feeling better today (so far) I'm armed with Pedialyte this morning and only allowing little sips.

Today's scents are:

CHC - the Huckleberry one (It's the old wax but throwing better than most CHC lately)

HoT - Pink Bergamot Ginger (absolutely dreamy)

CBV - Paradise Bay jar candle (I burn this scent often, love it!)

FM - Sugared Spruce pillar ( in the loo)

Big Red, We don't have many men around here, so it'll be fun to get your views on scent. I think you'll find much more fresh and florals floating around the board this time of year on into the spring. I'm all for more candle burning too.

You never know, we might talk you into a bakery scent or two over time. [smilie=th_blij31-1]

Good Morning Everyone!

Its a cold day here, and they are calling for a bit of snow AGAIN!

Last nights melts were CFTKR Watermelon, great as usual, and her Birthday

Cake, which was nice, but smelled nothing like birthday cake to me :-).

Got my AMS order yesterday. Everything smells great cold, gonna try one out tonight.

Have a good day all!

Cactus & Sea Salt from Pure Scents in the powder room and Cranberry Peach Cider from Front Porch in the kitchen/DR. I'll change out the other melters later this afternoon.

Bigred, I do love bakery, but I can't bring myself to melt it in the bathroom so I go with fresh type scents. Ocean and Cactus & Sea Salt are both good ones to try from almost any vendor.

Welcome Bigred - When Jason (candlefanokc) first joined us he only bought Yankee and we converted him to many new vendors so be prepared to get out the checkbook! As far as bakery, I definitely stay away since if I smell it, I want to eat it and I am not kidding so I tend to go with spices, fruity and floral.

Today is:

CFTKR - Christmas Wish - I know Christmas is over but I really do like this scent.

Nene's - Granny's Citrus Potpourri

CFTKR - Celtic Moonspice

Tarthound, you have a tough job. It's great that you enjoy it! I am a former teacher now SAHM and I know how rought kids can be on the subs. Whenever my roomates had a sub in for the day I'd try to stay around if I knew my roomate had a tough group of kids. I never wanted to intrude on the sub so I only stayed around in the worse situations.

Love my job! I have been one for almost 6 years. They love me too...my seniors are graduating from when I started...yikes, I am getting old.

Tarthound

Too funny Big Red! If you like the masculine scents-try Cracklin Birch from CFTKR-its good! Also Haunted House is a great different scent that is nowhere near bakery-Can Do carries this one.

Fireside is fab as well! LOL has a version of this one-and so does CFTKR-there are lots of vendors that carry that one.

EW has wonderful scents all around and her Sweet Dreams is a great floral-Lavendar and Vanilla. Smells just like BBW. I like most everything from her as well-she will re open in Feb.

I did have-GHBT Coco Mango and Spa going,but didn't care for them so I have dumped.

Now melting Rainwater Mint-LOL

Burning-Birthday Cake-MB

Burning-Snickerdoodle-Warm Glow

Burning-some bakery thing from Wally world in the kitchen.

Bigred, I love all the ladies here, but glad to have another guy here on the forum! I must admit that I love bakery scents, but I like alot of fresh scents, too. I tend to do more of them in the spring and summer. Some fresh scents I love: Midsummer's Night, Evening Air, Water Garden, Sage & Citrus (all from YC). Also Blue Sugar (Can-Do makes a good one), somebody mentioned Cracklin' Birch (CFTKR) and Fireside (LOL's is great). Hope this gives you some good ideas. As Toberetired mentioned, I was strictly YC and while I still love them, I have found lots of others great vendors as well! Have fun!

Oh forgot to share what I'm melting today. I am iced in for the day. The freezing raing stopped and then we got a healthy dose of sleet. Everything is white outside. This is probably the closest we will get to snow this year and it is pretty to look at. Just glad I don't have to get out in it!

Winter Solstice-LOL: (another more masculine scent, Bigred!)

Country Baked Bread-AMS: Mouthwatering!

[smilie=th_slider_flirt] I was in a fender bender this morning. I was sitting at an intersection and the car in front of me put her SUV in reverse (WTH?) and backed right into me! I tried to back out of her way but just wasn't fast enough. Luckily, there is only a small scratch on my front bumper. We parted ways without incident after checking things out. [smilie=th_a194] Yikes!

I'm switching out some scents for a melt from a buddy.

Peppermint Indian is just starting to melt. (from tarts galore)