The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

January's Frosty Fragrances

Jules~~Hope your little one feels good soon~~seems there is always something going around. My 2 teenage boys were sick end of last week.

Lovetopuzzle~~I agree...Nene's is a really good Banana Nut Bread, so is AMS~~have an order coming in tomorrow from AMS with LOTS of Banana Nut Bread and Zucchini Bread, my 2 favs from AMS

Guest stardustgirl

*waves at Aria* I'm here. :-) Still keeping busy. Shower door guy comes tomorrow, barring too much snow. Yep, bathroom remodeled last spring and did without a door until now.

Just from skimming (too many pages!) it sounds like I need to send "get well"s to Jule's ds's.

I melted Festival of Lights from Chandler Lane today and *really* enjoyed it.

Banana Cream from HoT (good, but not a lot of banana)

Ice Capades from AMS (a big hit with mom)

Guest stardustgirl

Hi Kim! Ditto on the snow.

I've not been to Warm Glow since their holiday open house, and probably won't go back until their spring open house at the earliest (depends on the weather). I've got a stash so I'm not worried about running out.

Speaking of... I am burning a Jack Frost candle from Warm Glow. It's a nice scent and totally different from YC's version. Warm Glow's is a sweet berry/apple scent. I really like it. but it's not terribly strong.

Good evening, everyone. The weather did get nasty with steady freezing drizzle all day and very slick streets. I am in for the night and don't have to get out tomorrow either, so that is good. I'm melting Orange Cranberry Muffin from Crosscreek. Smells good, but more orange cranberry than muffin.

Stardustgirl! Just where have you been, young lady? :oops: How's that. I'm practicing for when I have teens. We've been missing you, girl. How's the remodel going?

Jason, are you saying that you get to melt and burn all day tomorrow? How relaxing!

Well, DS's Gatorade came back to haunt us, if you know what I mean. [smilie=th_76d65c2f] Poor baby. It's gonna be a long night.

Heart, I didn't know that news regarding EW. Thanks for sharing it.

Have a good evening, everyone. DH is watching The Dark Knight tonight. I'll have to catch it tomorrow. I'm going to go lay with my little one. :oops:

Jason.....lucky man...getting to stay in nice and warm tomorrow..I envy ya. I have teenage kids to teach tomorrow...LOL.

Lisa...warm banana cake...yum!

Jules....sorry your lil feller is not feeling better and gave up the gatorade. Prayers he is feeling better soon.

It is cold here in TN and waiting on the frozen precip. I hope we don't get it...My DH is at the ballgame with the Jr. high basketball player. I am a lame Mama, I stayed home with the others to rest. My sinuses are horrible and this antibiotic is not cutting it...what gives?? I gave 40.00 for this junk!

Ok, important review.....Chocolate Amber from Can-Do candles...the boys say it is a keeper. When I have the 3 boys all giving a thumbs up...that means something.. :oops:

I just wish I could smell it... :oops:

Be safe and warm!

Tarthound

Jules-I've seen the gatorade messes :oops: Hope your young one starts feeling better!

Tarthound-that chocolate Amber sounds delicious! I will have to add it to my to try list!

Burning YC's Spa Fresh housewarmer jar tonight...this is a nice crisp clean not too herbal/medicinal scent. I really enjoy it, so does my BF. I love when we agree on scents, then I can burn it ALL day!

Thanks for the information sweetnspiceygrl and becky. I know Nene's, but what company is AMS?

I would love to find a really good banana nut bread. :P

Changed out to Cafe Au Lait from Yankee and Caramel Coffee Cake from CBV. YUMMM

AMS stands for Angel Made Scents.

Yes Jules, I get to melt and burn all day tomorrow! And speaking of AMS, I'm expecting my first order from them tomorrow! Hope your son feels better soon!

Stardust, glad to see you back!

Ms. Jen (Tarthound), I hope that ice misses you. It's a mess out there!

Guest scentedstamper

Good evening everyone! Melting: CFTKR Cinnamon Spice Salsa, Country Spice, Nene's Celtic Moonspice, and back in the mbr Crosscreek Pink Crush. Also burning candles: GC Birthday Cake and Vanilla Caramel Custard.

lovetopuzzle, this vendor is not yet reopened from the holidays, but I love Everyday Whims Banana Nut Bread tarts . (and I am very picky about that scent- most others I've tried I didn't care for)

Night all !! Stay warm and get well!

Sheryl

So good to see you Stardust! You've been missed! Tarthound, thanks for the tip about Can-Do's Chocolate Amber. I have one that has been sitting in a bag for quite some time, so Ill have to melt that one!

More melts today with this colder weather:

Christmas Splendor ~ Crosscreek

FP ~ Pink Peppermint

CP ~ Cappuccino (yuck)

EW ~ Coffee with Santa

For the evening it's Pumpkin Vanilla from Just Right.

Hugs to your little one, Jules. Hope it's not too rough of a night.

Hope those antibiotics kick in soon, Tarthound!

Hi, Stardust! :P Don't be a stranger. We've missed you!

Hiya Stardust!

Scentedstamper - how's the PInk Crush?

We are getting a little dusting of snow again - but as long as the roads stay clear it is OK with me!

Jules - what scent do you recommend for covering regurgitated Gatorade? LOL! I need sumthin' strong! I found a plastic bag that used to wrap a chicken hiding behind the trash can tonight...ew. I smelled it when I walked into the house!

Just getting started - I have Tuscadero's Cher Uninhibited for now.

I remember that perfume, my mother absolutely adored it when they still made it. It was a very nice perfume from what I recall. It certainly made a good Christmas gift for Mom when I was a teenager.

I remember that perfume, my mother absolutely adored it when they still made it. It was a very nice perfume from what I recall. It certainly made a good Christmas gift for Mom when I was a teenager.

Heehee - love those "teenager gifts"! Ah, remembering "Evening in Paris"!

Cher smells nice for a powder room since it is a bit girly!

So I got my angel made scents order today and just popped a Granny's Zucchini Bread in my melter and [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Woah mama! It's strong, it's fabulous, it's positively perfection!!! I love it and give it 5 stars all cuz I listened to you guys. Thank you!!

I also lit YC Eggnog candle, SH's Orange Froated Cupcakes, and melting one of CFKTR's Caramelized Apple Prailine.

AMS Zucchini Bread takes 1 st prize hands down!

Good Night, stay safe, love thy scents!!

:P

I definately agree with you on the AMS Zucchini Bread.......WONDERFUL!! And their Banana Nut Bread. I think mine order is due in tomorrow....can't wait!

:P