The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
debra99

Dashing through our scents...

I am leaving for work soon, but I put Mrs. Claus' Cookies from Front Porch in two melters downstairs. DH and the kids like this one and they will be home all day to enjoy it.

Hi Heidi,

Did you have a fun night out without the kids? How was the party Thursday?

Today I'm melting

EW Hearth and Home (blue)

LOL Ginger & Fig (I still don't like fig and I need to dump this, but I can tell it's a good one for someone else)

Will switch the LOL out for HoT Autumn Festival

along with this weeks candle assortment from previous posts.

This cold afternoon I am melting Mimosa from Missy's Tempting Tarts in the bedroom, smells wonderful (like Candle Haven's). I never thought I would find this scent again after CH closed but this is just like it!

I am putting on the office Christmas party tonight so I am busy, busy today. I am spending a good deal of time worrying about silly things like the caterer not showing up -even though they confirmed! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Melting YC - Holiday Sage - a dud! Can you believe it? Only powder room strong. I also have on LOL Santa's Pipe - and I am not sure if I like this scent or not...

Hi, everyone! It's been SOOOO busy here lately, and I'm sure all of you can relate! I'm anxiously awaiting snow and hope it's coming. Tree is decorated, stockings are hung, shopping's almost done - now it's all about the scents. I've got Home for the Holidays by Candledippers going in the kitchen, Winter Garden from EW in the living room, Christmas Tree from GHBT in the guest bath and something (can't remember the name) lovely from CYS. Burning lots of candles too. Hope everyone's day has gone very well!!!!

Seems like every Saturday when I come home from work-they are melting Bear Claws in here. Not sure from whom this week though!

Hope everyone is having a good evening!

Hi Heidi,

Did you have a fun night out without the kids? How was the party Thursday?

OMGosh, yes, it was wonderful! We went to a really nice steakhouse, and everything was paid for by the boss. I had a nice salad, grilled chicken, broccoli, a sweet potato, and the most delicious chocolate cherry cheesecake. Yum! We had a silly white elephant gift exchange, and we ended up coming home with a can of sardines. Yuck! I think I'll give them to my dad with his Christmas present, since he likes them. LOL! Thanks for asking! It was nice to be away from the kids for a couple of hours. I'm so glad I have a responsible dd that is old enough to stay home with the boys.

Tonight, it's amber musk from missy's tempting tarts in my bedroom. I need to get another one started here in the living room. I've been busy giving the boys haircuts and baths, so now I can sit back, relax, and enjoy some melting.

Fleur, those scents are great together.

Heidi, Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake? Y-U-M!

It sounds like a great night too. We go to an annual party that has a similar gift exchange. The only rule is that you're not allowed to purchase anything. You must re-gift something that you already have around the house. It's always really silly and fun.

I've got stuff burning and melting tonight, but I just can't smell any standouts. Me thinks me needs a big punch of scent. Hmmm. Coffee with Santa ought to do it.

Hi all, Tonight I'm back to burning my YC Red Berry & Cedar. I have also been enjoying my GC Boughs and Berries. (Star, the wicks have been doing OK so far but I've only burned it once or twice.) As for tarts, I finished off AMS Holiday Scentsations today (man that one lasted a while!) and I'm going to try my first Spotted Hog tart tomorrow morning. Yippee!!

In the meantime, I am working away at two papers for school... [smilie=th_00000020]

Guest Doe

YC- red apple wreath going in office

Yc- autumn leaves in family room/ kitchen

crosscreek- apple berry crumble upstairs

can-do- sugar butt in master bedroom

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening

Tonight it's Banana Nut Bread from AMS"s. Very strong!! I'm loving these melts!! Also Moutain Lake from FP. [smilie=th_00000020]

Hi everyone,

Been a bit busy around here as well. Tonight I am melting Everyday Whims Fairy Forest which is um...........interesting. I can't decide if I love it or hate it. Its weird. I haven't dumped it, so thats a good thing.

I am also burning my Warm Glow Cranberry Chutney candle and I definately LOVE that one.

Hope you are all getting done what you need to and finding some down time as well, to be able to enjoy the holiday season.

Tonight it's Banana Nut Bread from AMS"s. Very strong!! I'm loving these melts!! Also Moutain Lake from FP. [smilie=th_00000020]

Cindy, I'm sure I'll go "duh!" when you tell me, but what is AMS? I really like Banana Nut Bread scents, may want to check this one out some time! You know what, it just hit me as I was typing. Is it Angel Made Scents?

Tonight's selection:

Honey Gingerbread-Angie's: So delicious.

Candy Cane Vanilla-LOL: Minty scents are tricky for me, but the vanilla in this really softens the peppermint. Reminds me of YC's Jack Frost.

Funny you say that Jason because vanilla scents are tricky for me! LOL's candy cane vanilla is nice, but I wanted to tone down the vanilla. [smilie=th_00000020] You might like LOL's Vanilla Candy Cane Ice Cream Cake. The vanilla is very rich in it!

This evening's main scents: Mookie Doodle ~ Peppermint Kisses

Angie's ~ Cinnamon Buns

Crosscreek ~ Scones & Cinnamon Butter

Cocoa Pink ~ Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream