The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

April's Addicting Aromas !

This morning in the kitchen I am melting Lemon Pound Cake from Shop a Holler. So far it's really nice. I think this is the first lemon scent I have ever melted. Not that I don't like lemon, I guess shy away from them because I am afraid they'll smell like Pledge. Today is my 15th wedding anniversary and I am looking forward to dinner out with my husband. The kids are finally to an age where we feel comfortable leaving them alone for a few hours. Have a good day, everyone! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Good morning all! Last night was Nene's Lemon Squares in the living room and this morning in my office is Nene's Butter Cake. I love this Butter Cake. It's got a bit more punch than the other cake scents, not as light and airy. Wasn't nuts about the Cake Batter yesterday, and wouldn't you know I have two of those left. :?

Still plodding through my old tarts waiting for my new orders. I have a few that I know I don't like, but I ordered multiples of so they're sitting there staring at me. :) I can't bring myself to toss them, so I guess I'm going to have to try mixing these things and see what weirdo scents I can come up with to amuse myself! :P

Hurry up Tuscaderos, Bella and McCarleys please!!

[smilie=th_slider_flirt] [smilie=th_wave]

Jewel

Hello there....[smilie=th_wave]

Can-Do Mimi's House is melting in my LR....this is one incredible scent....super strong and very unique.... [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

mpfand wrote

This morning in the kitchen I am melting Lemon Pound Cake from Shop a Holler. So far it's really nice. I think this is the first lemon scent I have ever melted. Not that I don't like lemon, I guess shy away from them because I am afraid they'll smell like Pledge. Today is my 15th wedding anniversary and I am looking forward to dinner out with my husband. The kids are finally to an age where we feel comfortable leaving them alone for a few hours. Have a good day, everyone!

Happy Anniversary! That's a wonderful milestone to celebrate.

[smilie=th_slider_congratulations]

I like the smell of Pledge. It smells like I have been working harder than I really have.

I never met a lemon scent I didn't like though.

Guest Anonymous

I have on Sunwashed linen today. It smells so clean, and STRONG!

Mpfand - Happy Anniversary!!! [smilie=th_wave]

Fleur - I can't imagine my daughter driving.She is 12, and already looking for a truck to carry her horse, and trailer. I better start saving!

What does Angelina smell like?

I was up a lot of the night with 90 mile per hour winds. My daugther, all the animals, and I were in the small bathroom without electricty. It was scary!!! I thought we were in a tornado, but I didn't have anyway to find out. My daughter asked me if I had my cell phone, and I was like aaaaa no I left it up stairs, and I'm to scared to go get it. Finally went back to bed at 4:30, and at 6:20 the electricity comes on, and I guess I had every light in the house on. Up again! What a night!

:)

karla [smilie=th_slider_flirt] So Sleepy!

Guest Anonymous

This morning's scents are

Lil Bear Pure Grace

Cat Lady Peach

Jen's Soy Creations Berries Galore

Crosscreek Banana Split.

The peach is kind of weak so I may switch that one out in a bit.

I finally got around to using the ice cube trick that I told you all about. ROFL It does work!! It was awesome not having to freeze my dishes.

Have a great day everyone!!

Guest Anonymous

Sending hugs to you, Karla. DH and I were in a tornado several years ago so I know how scary it is. Glad y'all are all okay.

Can Do Honey Gingerbread this morning.

Hope everyone is having a brighter day today.

Congrats on your anniversary-make the most of your alone time!!

I am melting Candledippers Raspberry Violet and Aroma Soy Bird of Paradise this morning...

Guest Anonymous

Good Morning all....well we had a snow at 7:00 last night so all my bulbs have frozen foliage. Suppose to be real warm by weekend. So I am using up my CHC melts (EP are on the way) and melting Wisteria & Plumeria in memory of my bulbs.

Hello there....[smilie=th_wave]

Can-Do Mimi's House is melting in my LR....this is one incredible scent....super strong and very unique.... [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Aria - I agree with you about Mimi's House. It is fabulous.

Today I'm melting Chunky Butt's Honey Orange. It is a very nice scent but it is too light. I prefer really strong scents.

Guest Anonymous

This morning I put in PI's Papaya Passion before I left to drop off the kids at school and hit the gym.....First time I melted this I didn't think it was very strong, but this time I could smell it in the garage before I came in the house and then WHAM it was packing a pretty powerful punch! I wonder if sometimes if I get immune to scents - Many of the scents I may think are duds, maybe they aren't and I just can't smell 'em being in the house all day with scent upon scent?? Anyway, I do like this one now so I may reorder it after all.....CHC's Bamboo Cabin from last night is going again upstairs.

Just put Mediterranean Fig from Candle Haven upstairs in the loft. This was a sample and I can't wait to see how it is melted. Cold smell is very complex. Lemon Pound Cake is still going strong in the kitchen. I'm really enjoying this one.

Karla--so glad you are all right. We are having terrible winds right now--it just started--stuff keeps hitting the house--I hate it. They just now put us under a severe storm watch--we already had storms this morning and 3.5" of rain. It is flooding all over the area. What a mess. I have huddled in the dark in our bath before with the family so I know what those kinds of nights are like. Hopefully, you can get a good night's sleep tonite.

Congratulations Michelle....Have a wonderful evening.

Put new melts on when I got home. In the kitchen it is CCS Home Baked Bread. The best way to describe this is to tell you a story. It reminds me of when I was little and went to grandma's on bread making day. 10 large loaves were made that day and the smell was incredible. I anxiously awaited the first loaves out of the oven. I was never disappointed. Grandma would turn the bread out on a cutting board and then just slather the top crust with butter. Waiting for only a few moments to let the warm thick butter work slightly into the crust she would take the bread knife and slice off that first hunk of heel. You could hear the crispness of the crust as the knife cut through it. Then she would slather the slice with more warmed butter and my hands eagerly took the bread. The first bite was unbelievable, with the almost chewy warmth of the bread and the delicious butter. I am not sure if it smelled or tasted better. That is this tart and Tammy did a phenomenal job.

In the living room it is Rhubarb Plum from CFTKR and in the comp room it is Vanilla Iced Cinnamon Rolls from CFTKR.

Nothing else is needed.

slpit, you just described one of my favorite childhood memories. My grandma (the one who died last summer) also had "bread making day" and we would beg my mom to visit on those days. My brother and I would always argue over who got the heal. Often, my grandma would slice from both ends so we could each have one. My grandpa (who also loved the heal) never complained about getting the "leftovers". Ahh, memories.

trep, I'm glad you're feeling better.

The Mediterranean Fig is throwing very well and while it's a nice fragrance it's a little too and perfumy for me so I would not order it.

Reading about that bread is making my mouth water!!!!!! I have Tuscadero's Baton Rouge in the den and Crosscreek's Celtic Moonspice in the kitchen!

Guest Anonymous

:shock:

Trep, Thank you! I hope you won't have high winds like we did. Come to find out three different towns 10 min. from me were hit with tornadoes last night. A lot of tree, fence,and roof damage in our neighborhood that I saw after I was out of the house today.

You all made me want to melt my bread tarts. I put on the Hawaiian bread that smell just like bread in the oven with pineapples, and butter. I might have to make some tonight for dinner in my bread machine! lol

[smilie=th_FULL_O17]

karla

Michelle,

Happy Anniversary..

I just put on my satin sheets for the blue in my bath, Tuscaderos Honeydew and summerberries..love this, very fruity and springlike, and coco cabana in the kitchen.

The sun made a brief apperance today ( after 4 straight dreary rainy days), hoping spring is finally here.

Jason..4 am was rough but u do what u have to do..

Guest candlefreak

Glad to hear you are alright Karla. If anyone else in having bad weather, stay safe.

My parents have been here visiting so I haven't had much of a chance to be on the boards. For the past few days I have had CBV's Flapjacks going in my melters (really yummy) and a huge crock bowl candle in Raspberry Banana Chocolate occasionally lit. (I LOVE that thing!)

I am waiting to see what my daughter picks out to melt for the evening....

Hope everyone has a lovely evening!

Fleur, congrats on your daughter passing her test. I know you are excited for her, but worried, too. Just know that you have taught her well.

Mpfand, Happy Anniversary! I hope you enjoy your dinner out tonight.

Karla, I'm glad you're OK. That is very scary. They are predicting bad weather for here tonight and tomorrow.

Trep, hope you are feeling better.

Candlefreak - sounds like fun. I hope you have enjoyed the visit from your parents.

I have Blueberries & Cream from Crosscreek right now - very strong and good.

Big Bad Wolf from Evening Eclipse - I'm not smelling anything, but the Crosscreek tart is overpowering things downstairs.

I have a sample from Candledippers in the guest bedroom - Diva. Haven't checked on it yet.

I'm dumping Evening Eclipse - Witching Hour (soapy and perfumy, it's outta here) :shock:

I'll light FMC - French Kiss candle instead.