The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

fresh/clean/strong for stinky situations

I won't go into detail, my my dog is a very bad dog sometimes. [smilie=th_insane] nuff said?

That aside, he stinks up the room his blanket is in too when he comes in out of the rain.

Is there a scent (in a candle preferably) I can light? Not a typical pet candle, because I want it to smell nice, not like pinesol, yk?

Just something to, um, lighten and clean the air sometimes, and cover a bit.

Would YC Lemon lavender work here? Is it strong? Any other suggestions?

Sometimes merely cleaning up a mess is not enough......

Lemons and laundry scents do wonders when I'm cooking something stinky. My neighbor swears my clean (aka laundry) scents when she cooks fish.

I agree with the lemon and laundry stuff-another one that is good without overpowering is a good lime scent. You can also get(or use if you already have one) one of the effusion lamps for quick air clearing. It will leave the alcohol,or medicinal smell-but it does clear the air quickly.

I also use effusion lamps for this, like Cat. I have a sick kitty, so fresheners get a work out in my house.

Lately I have been using tarts that have names like "energize" because they have a clean/lemon/spa smell that doesn't make the pet smell worse.

Oh, I've been fighting the scent of litter box and find that Mountain Lake by Front Porch is a really great weapon. It's a bit perfumey-cologney-soapy but I like it and find that it does a great job counteracting the "other" smell, leaving a clean, fresh scent instead.

Littlegoblin, YC Lemon Lavendar is VERY strong in my opinion, so it may do the job. I have found that lemon or clean scents work pretty well at covering bad odors. When I was training my puppy he would have accidents on a certain rug (which I finally had to get rid of,) but I would melt clean cotton from YC and I would never smell the "accidents".

Sharon

Thank you for the suggestions! I will look into those effusion lamps. I've wanted to try Mountain Lake and YC Lemon Lavender for awhile anyway, and I'll just pick up a few lemon tarts here and there.

Oh I wanted to clarify its not the wiener dog that is being stinky, it's the German Shepherd. Not saying our dachshund isn't stinky sometimes, but he such a little thing, he can't make THIS much stink.

Guest stardustgirl
Not saying our dachshund isn't stinky sometimes, but he such a little thing, he can't make THIS much stink.

<---------- This little guy is 7 pounds and he can not only clear a room... he can clear half the house. He eats the same food as the other one, so I've no idea what makes him so "special" but he certainly is.

Fortunately, the Lovin' Lemon scent from CBV helps with that. I got the refresher oil and when the tart loses scent, I just put more oil in it (essentially using a "dead" tart as the carrier wax). I don't really swap out scents in that room since it's the dog / mud / laundry room. The lemon blends well with most florals, bakery, earthy, etc. scents that might be melting nearby in the ktichen or library.

Thank you for the suggestions! I will look into those effusion lamps. I've wanted to try Mountain Lake and YC Lemon Lavender for awhile anyway, and I'll just pick up a few lemon tarts here and there.

Oh I wanted to clarify its not the wiener dog that is being stinky, it's the German Shepherd. Not saying our dachshund isn't stinky sometimes, but he such a little thing, he can't make THIS much stink.

Littlegoblin, I have a Great Pyranees with long hair and when he gets wet..talk about stink..OMG. Lemon & chamomile proved to be the best scent in the glade plug-in with the fan in it. I was going thru too many candles(one was great that is a smoke and pet odor eliminator (http://www.favoritescentscandles.com) and tarts. I would have used the effusion lamp, but the scented oil in that plug-in with the little fan blowing worked fantastic, so I never got the lamp. The plug-in works well cause I can easily move it to other outlets in the house.

My little dog died last year, but she use to stink up one blanket in particular that I had to wash almost every day. Size just doesn't matter. [smilie=snoopy]