The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

Guest Anonymous
Just started Stormwatch (Can-Do) since it's getting ready to rain here, and am waiting for a free melter to be able to start Tropical Pear (CFTKR).

hmmm...Stormwatch sounds good. What did you think of this one?

Maybe she took it off the list for summer?? It's not new I ordered it a couple of months ago. I've had it from other vendors too and her version is really good.

ETA: It's on the dropdown menu, just not the scent description page. I must not have looked at it there originally since I already knew what it was.

Good morning! This morning I'm melting Autumn Magic downstairs. It smells divine. It's similar to YC's Autumn Woods but without the vanilla. I think I'm going to get a bag of this one.

Later on, I'll finish up the also divine Banana Walnut. Wow, was the a good melt last night.

My votives for the day are: Blueberry Scone, Autumn Wreath, Autumn Woods, and Red Apple Wreath.

Happy Sunday!

Good morning everyone!

LLVV, I wish I could come to your house today! I love all your scents for the day [smilie=th_aa18] I just bought a bag of Autumn Magic from Carol again last week, I love it!

I just put Baked Apple Pie from Busy Bees in the kitchen. Haven't decided what else yet.

:P

Sharon

:P My DH is in a room now, and to come back and see all the prayers from people who have never met me is amazing! I thank you all so much! I just know you all helped. It's a miracle he is alive...doc even said so.

Very happily melting Crosscreek's Grammy's Zucchini Bread. What a warm and fuzzy feeling this bread scent gives me.

I need to catch up on what everyone has been melting.

[smilie=th_aa18]

Heart, that is great news!!! I've been waiting and hoping you would come back with on with such good news. I will continue to keep you and your hubby in my prayers

Just put Nene's Spiced Apple Butter in my front room. It smells wonderful. In my bedroom is Nene's Sun Showers, one of my favorites. Laundry day from Carol in the bath

Sharon

Heart, I'm so happy for you and your DH! What wonderful news. Savor every moment together!

Heart - I am thrilled to hear that your dh is doing well! Prayers really work, huh?

I'm not melting anything yet, since we'll be heading off to church shortly. But, I thought I'd just check in while I was drinking my morning cup 'o joe!

Have a beautiful Sunday!

Heart, I am so happy to hear your news.....I've been thinking about you and DH. Love ZB scents too....they are so comforting.

Today I am melting Carol's Autumn Magic.....wonderful scent! It smells the same as Primitive Times from Angie's which I also love.

Heart2Heart, I am very relieved to hear that your DH is improving. I am burning the blue for you both until you get him back home. Today it's a votive called Clear Skies.

also for the day (or morning)

CBV - Surprise candle

CYS - Coral Sugar melt yummy Blood Orange / Pink Sugar

Voluspa - Santiago Huckleberry

We have a windy cloudy rainy day courtesy of Gustav. Thank goodness we are not in it's path.

Just started up another melter with Snickerdoodle from Hodge Podge....I really like this scent, just wish it was a little stronger.

Jules, you always have the most interesting candle scents....I've never tried Voluspa candles before..... That Suprise candle sounds interesting too!

Heart, I am so happy to hear from you, and am very glad things are going well.

Today the Electric Lime from Blue Gecko is on tealight #3. Lime lovers, this may be for you. I could still smell it when I woke up this morning before relighting the tealight.

Also going is Blue Gecko Lavender and Vanilla and Gelluminations simmering oil in Aspen Winter.

Gosh, Thanks Aria.

The CBV Surprise candle is a jelly jar filled with layers of "remnant" pours. It's colorful and one never knows what scents one will get. It's fun. They cost a bit less than the regular jars and I can't resist getting one whenever I order from her.

The Voluspa candles are more of a luxury. The scents are very unique and beautiful but I find them to be on the lightly scented side. Especially after melting tarts. I've always got my nose right up next to them to try to take in more of the fragrance. The ones I have are little 3 oz poured votive size and came in a gift box with many different scents included.

The Huckleberry is very good, I would like to find the scent in a strong tart. I may have to go on a huckleberry hunt.

too much info? [smilie=th_biggestgrin] I'm chatty this morning. :lol:

Jules, never too much info when it concerns wax girl!! [smilie=th_biggestgrin] I am going to check out those surprise candles at CBV....haven't ordered from there in ages. Sounds like a fun candle to have around! I will let ya know if I run across any good huckleberry scents.....

Guest Anonymous

Rare Earth - Tuscadero's

Crystal Blue Seas - Candle Haven

Off to church but I'll leave these on so the house is fully scented when we get back [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Jules - can you tell the difference when each layer melts, or do they all blend together and you get "candleshoppe"?

As it burns down, one layer will blend with the next, but the layers are large enough so that usually no more than two mix together. I can see how much of the wax is pooling in the jar and I just snuff it for a bit and relight it later if i think the party is getting too rowdy in there. Victoria is pretty mindful of which scents are dancing together. [smilie=th_Whistle]

This is my third one and I've been pleased with them.

Heart, so glad the prayer worked and yes it does my life is testimony. I'm burning oil in LEAVES from BBW. Delicious. If you like cinnamon cider from aromatique it is close with a little earthiness. I'm pushing fall, especially since its 90 here.

Cheryl