The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

I always wondered why there wasn't a place like this...

Guest stardustgirl

... and then I found it!

I got soooo tired of getting candles that had a lousy throw, or smelled different when they were actually burning, or that didn't burn right. I wished there was a review site. I searched and lo! There was! Hooray!!!

My name is Maureen, I have 2 dogs and usually work as an artist / designer /crafter (I've made stuff from book covers to costumes, no one title seems to fit). Right now my "canvas" is this house which I hope to finish by the end of the year.

There are scented candles in every room except the dogs' room (they get Fresh Wave, which really does absorb odors - including candle scents!)

I like mainly bakery / foodie scents, lavender, eucalyptus spearmint, and some florals (those are tricky... too "perfumey" is the kiss of death). I'm not a fan of the clean / laundry scents. I prefer candles and am getting ready to experiment with oils. I don't have any tarts / melts experience mostly because I prefer a flame (am I a closet pyromaniac, LOL?!?) and really don't have space to attempt to plug in yet another item. I guess I like "cordless scents" :lol:

Hello Maureen. It's nice to meet you. I love a flame as well. I first and true favorite are the candles. I even like pillars.

With all of the terrific melt scents to try, I have found that the tealight melters satisfy my love of candle flame and I don't need an outlet to enjoy them.

So now I have it all. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

:P Maureen! Love your dog avatar - what a cutie! I think we've all started

out loving candles, but now that I've discovered tarts....[smilie=th_Whistle] - I can change the scent every day. Love the variety!

Maybe you better scope out your electric outlets and find one you can use for melting tarts - I think you'll like em! :lol:

Guest stardustgirl
With all of the terrific melt scents to try, I have found that the tealight melters satisfy my love of candle flame and I don't need an outlet to enjoy them.

I may have to try that! I really don't want to plug in something for a variety of reasons: not using more electricity, not having convenient outlets, not having to buy another "gadget" that will eventually expire, and a dog that thinks any cord is fair game as a chew toy. Things remain unplugged if they're in a spot he can get to.

I've got a bunch of questions about that... I'll have to find the right forum to post those in.

Sweet&Spicey - I love your avatar too! The one in the picture is not the cord chewer. This one prefers to attack ugg boots, house slippers, or anything fuzzy.

Guest stardustgirl
Welcome, Maureen. [smilie=th_Whistle]

Give it a little time. It won't be long, though, first it will be tarts and then, next, it's the bath and body.

LOL! It's already at that point. I was finally able to get my bathroom rehabbed (remodel doesn't cover it - the floor was gone in spots) and am now the proud owner of a cast iron clawfoot tub. I've long had tub envy because a lot of my friends have these tubs. I'm currently seeking out strongly scented bubblebath that makes mountains of bubbles. A friend has already pointed me toward Lush. I'm awaiting some items to see what all the fanfare is about (we don't have a store here).

Guest tammye

Welcome Maureen. So glad you found this place and I hope you enjoy it here. [smilie=th_Whistle]

Welcome, Maureen. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Give it a little time. It won't be long, though, first it will be tarts and then, next, it's the bath and body.

LOL! It's already at that point. I was finally able to get my bathroom rehabbed (remodel doesn't cover it - the floor was gone in spots) and am now the proud owner of a cast iron clawfoot tub. I've long had tub envy because a lot of my friends have these tubs. I'm currently seeking out strongly scented bubblebath that makes mountains of bubbles. A friend has already pointed me toward Lush. I'm awaiting some items to see what all the fanfare is about (we don't have a store here).

Now I am jealous! LOVE claw foot tubs! Look in the bath/body section of this forum for some great bath etailers! Etsy has lots of choices too! You will find some "Lush" dupes if you like the scents, at half the price. There are tons of great etailers,WAHM's and dads that love what they do! We will get you started on filling your newly rehabbed bath and house with great smells! Tarts, Candles, Scrubs, Bubble baths-you name it!

Thanks for the tip on the fresh wave, I will have to check it out for my own dog/cat room.

:oops: Hey Maureen, so glad you are here!! I am kinda new here too, and I am learning so much.

This place is lots of fun!!

Guest Anonymous

HI Maureen ! Welcome . My first love is candles also ! But i am really starting to love melts also ! Just wait... once you try them you have to keep buying them !