• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Candle lover here! I've become addicted to candles this past year

#1 User is offline   Nick 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:08 PM

Hi everyone,

I became addicted to candles in the fall of 2015 and am glad to be a part of this forum. I was first buying candles by Yankee Candle (and accumulated probably over 30 among me and my parents) -- then moved on to Kringle Candle and Pure Integrity. I was worried about the health effects of paraffin wax candles and thought my candle days were over. Not so! One can use 100% soy candles instead. I still buy from Kringle Candle as well, even though their candles use paraffin wax, because their candles are so beautiful and fragrant. Pure Integrity's 100% soy candles are amazing as well.

What other candle brands are popular here? I am looking for candles with at least two wicks.

I wanted to add that I first started buying candles from Yankee Candle about seven years ago, but the addiction never really caught on. Is everyone here really addicted to scented candles?

Nick

#2 User is offline   MaggieMae 

• Certified scent expert!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Mod Squad

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:31 PM

Hi Nick and [smilie=th_Welcome_from_the_Whol
LOL....I think it's safe to say the majority of us are "addicted" to waxies! :) Although I love candles I am more of a melt/tart junkie! Glad you're here!

#3 User is offline   debra99 

• The Mod Squad
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:15 AM

Greetings! Nice to have you here.

I think the daily thread gives lots of info about our "addiction"!

Many of us tend to melt tarts more these days, but you will still see candle postings as well! [smilie=th_blij31-1]

Also, the review section on the main page has good candle review info - and be sure and sign up for the newsletter, candles and melts are reviewed almost daily!

#4 User is offline   Nick 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:31 PM

Thanks for welcoming me here.

May I ask why most people here melt tarts instead of candles? I have a Yankee Candle Scenterpiece system. Does that count?

#5 User is offline   MaggieMae 

• Certified scent expert!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Mod Squad

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:52 PM

Hey Nick! I melt tarts more often because I find they throw scent much farther and stronger. The warmers don't have an open flame which I don't have to watch all the time too. I do love the look of a candle in the cooler months though!

#6 User is offline   debra99 

• The Mod Squad
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:39 AM

My reason is mainly that a big candle is too much of one scent, so I end up with a big bunch of half burned candles. The tarts can be changed in just a few hours.

I do believe the YC Scenterpiece counts! ;)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users