The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

Guest Anonymous

mpfand - I've been doing medical typing for 12 years and the good news is, most of the time migraines have no diagosable or traceable origin....The MRI is usually the procedure just to rule any other possibilities out, I'm assuming that's what they are doing in your daughter's case.. I obviously don't know enough to say, nor am I a doctor, BUT, if it were something seriously neurologic there would be other signs and symptoms as well. You didn't mention, but I'm hoping and assuming it's just the migraines she's dealing with.....Of course, prayers for you and your daughter today.....

For melting right now I have CHC's raspberry lemonade downstairs and Aroma Soy's Serengeti Sunset upstairs - WOWIE is this one strong! It's in the 14-watt on a nightstand in my bedroom in one corner of the house, and I can smell it somewhat sitting on my sofa downstairs in the exact opposite corner - the exact opposite end, and down the stairs as well.....I love 'em strong but it's almost a problem since it's drowning out the raspberry lemonade :(

Guest Anonymous
Today I have been enjoying Cottage Hill Creations Hummingbird Cake. I don't remember who mentioned that these were not strong, but they must have not tried this one. It throws great.

Maurie - what kind of melter are you using? I melted mine in the 14-w and it was light to me....

Hey mom, I am using one of the melters that Donna sells on her website. Not sure what the wattage is and I don't want to disturb it now, LOL. Its the one with the black heating plate and I have been using it since November with good results. Now please also take into consideration that I DO NOT love super strong, knock you socks off melts. CHC are just perfect in my opinion. I am in my computer room and enjoying it from the kitchen and I could smell it from upstairs as well. HTH

Guest Anonymous

Debra-I am in Vancouver. We can actually tell each other about sales and go to the same stores!! How exciting. I think that miss is in Vancouver too! Maybe it is the air that makes us love wax so much! Today i am burning a Sierra Mountain Candle that is Jelly Bean scented and it is really good!

Actually Send is in Vancouver, not Miss. Sorry, my fault.

Funny, funny! I've only been here for a year now but love it! This is a beautiful part of the country, no doubt. And I'm heading out in it, on my way across town to the OTHER Kohl's to see if there are any candle goodies there for the finding. Have a great day!

Happy Saturday everyone! I'm melting Tuscadero's Vanilla Buttercream Crunch in my living room, and YC's Vanilla Cupcake in my office since hubby and I are working in here today on decor.

I started the morning with CrossCreek's Lemon Pound Cake in the office, and after an hour had to put it out quick. BLECH! :P Smelled like burned cake for some reason, no lemon at all!

Have a great weekend everyone!

:oops:

Jewel

Guest Anonymous

I put in Bizzy B's Sun-Ripened Blackberries & Mediterranean Sage - oh my. It's wonderful. A deep, sophisticated scent. Plenty of sage. Excellent scent throw. It works well in the LR.

Also have Berries & Sage in the powder room. An oil from A Scent Lover's Dream. It's good and strong, with just a few drops.

Just got home. It is a heavy rain day here today. It was not fun being out in it... I am glad I am home for awhile. I just put on Bella's Sweet Vanilla Bread. I needed something warm after being in the rain.. now it is getting windy.. crazy weather we are having...

I am trying out my replacement Yankee melter and my new crock pot warmer this evening. I have YC Apricot in the crock pot in a tart tin and YC Vanilla Cupcake in the replacement. Will report tomorrow on how they did.

Dabba--I tried the Sicilian Orange when it first came out and didn't get much orange scent. I think after reading what you said I'll try it again.

Guest Anonymous
Hey mom, I am using one of the melters that Donna sells on her website. Not sure what the wattage is and I don't want to disturb it now, LOL. Its the one with the black heating plate and I have been using it since November with good results. Now please also take into consideration that I DO NOT love super strong, knock you socks off melts. CHC are just perfect in my opinion. I am in my computer room and enjoying it from the kitchen and I could smell it from upstairs as well. HTH

Thanks, Maurie - depending on the style you got most of those are 14 watts. I get varying strengths from the CHC tarts, but it's usually right inline with the type of scent it is.

Guest Anonymous

The birthday cake tart in the kitchen konked out so I added a Jen's Soy Creation Banana Nut Bread to it.

The CYS Tropical Iced Tea smells great! DH doesn't like it though. HE says it smells too peachy and he hates peach. @@ Figures. lol

I also added a Mookie Fruit Loops in the upstairs bathroom.

I think I am going to replace the iced tea one with a Winter Candy Apple from somewhere. lol

Guest Anonymous

Couple of tarts from Delightful Thingz - Fresh Baked Bread (yum) and Birthday Cake (delicious). Scent throws are moderate, but true.

Old candle I must have ordered from Camp Topisaw in Lemon Thyme. Very good, not too lemony. http://www.camptopisaw.com/index.html

Endless Love from some ebay company...not sure which one (no identification). It smells very good, fruity. Doing very well in the guest bedroom.

Have a great evening!

Still melting Carmel Macchiato from Tuscadero's. I haven't had a chance to change out my other burners yet as we just got home a little while ago. Thank you everyone for your well wishes concerning my daughter. The neurologist doesn't anticipate any problems, but it's still a little scary. I have had migraines since I was 11 so I wasn't too surprised that one of my kids has developed them. I did have a wonderful surprise waiting for me when I got home. A box of "birthday tarts" from Donna. Not sure who that is :oops: but :P They smell wonderful and I plan on trying one as soon as I can get my burners cleaned out. I also received a box of birthday tarts on Thursday from Nancy. Lots of delicious fruit and clean/beach type scents. Thanks again, Nancy!

I think Donna is Jerserymomof4? Sorry, it's been a long day and I'm a little slow. :oops:

Guest Anonymous
I think Donna is Jerserymomof4? Sorry, it's been a long day and I'm a little slow. :oops:

Yes, that's Jerseymom. I bet you received some really good stuff. :P

You are welcome, Melissa, enjoy, Nancy

This morning it is YC Sweet Strawberry downstairs and YC Vanilla Lime upstairs.

I posted the results of my new burners on the Melting Pot.

Everyone have a great day.

I plan on trying that Sicilian Orange as soon as I can get one.

Good Morning everyone..

I have on BIITP's kona kais love shack, a real tropical scent without the perfumy florals..love it and my own mix of coconut cream pie/lemon cheesecake in the kitchen..

Another busy day ahead..hope everyone has a great Sunday