The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Everybody Share!

For those of us who haven't been around that long, we never got to see intros of those before us. I would love it if everyone would write a short, "bio" so we can all know a little more about each other. Obviously, just what ever you are comfortable with sharing.

Mamalana:

Divorced with 2 grown daughters - one lives with me, one nearby

Native Pennsylvanian, living in Texas for the last 8 years

Old programmer who now has the luxury of working full-time from home! (Yeah!)

Former music teacher, and many years semi-professional singer

Hobbies are many crafts (sewing, machine embroidery, beading, flower arranging, crocheting and on and on), genealogy, gardening, and oh yeah - wax!

Animal lover

Candlelove: Married for 28 years with 3 children. Ages 25, 21 and 18.

Born and raised in New York City.

I worked for awhile after graduating college. I was a stay at home Mom and now basically a stay at home empty nester.

I keep busy doing volunteer work.

My hobbies are wax, reading and bath and body.

Great idea, mamalana!

My name is Michelle and I've been happily married for almost 16 years. I have two great kids; DS is almost 14 and DD is 11. I was a stay at home mom for 13 years before going back to work part time as a sales advisor for CDS at Costco. I was born and raised in Idaho, but as an Air Force wife I've had the privilege of visiting and living in many facinating places. My hobbies include scrapbooking, reading, tarts and bath and body.

I'm Gina.

Currently finishing up my last year of law school and getting ready for the bar.

I'm 25, just married and obsessed with Disney World. LOL we were married there 1.5.09

Obessed with tarts, soaps and makeup!

I am Becky. I have been married and divorced 2 times. Married for 14 years to my first husband, had 2 children, who are now 32 and 30. Married to my 2nd husband for 10-1/2 years, been divorced for 7-1/2 now. Had 2 children in my 2nd marriage, they are 17 and almost 16. I also have 3 grandchildren, ages 11, 10 and 7. I also hit the big "50" last month, which so far hasn't been too terribly awful ):

I work full time at a residential home/special education school, where i am a Records & Benefits officer in Human Resources. I love my job, have been here for 15 years.

I am TOTALLY obsessed with Candles & Tarts and LOVE to shop :shock:

My name is Cindy. My Husband and I have been married for almost 29 years. When we met he had 4 little children and I had 2. They were all very close to the same age. They are now 37,36,35, the two girls are 34 and the youngest is 30. We are a big happy family and they have gave us 10 precious Grandchildren! I have lived in Tennessee all my life and I'm a country girl with lots of animals! I worked outside the home for 12 years and now I stay home and keep my two youngest grandchildren 2 days a week. They are 3 and 4 and are a full time job, but the light of my life!! My Husband is 58 and I am 52. My hobby's are taking care of my small petting zoo and melting and buying tarts!

Good morning guys:

Nice thread, Lana.

My name is Patsy, I am 69 years young. I have been divorced for many years. Have 5 adult chikdren - 4 girks and 1 boy, Each is married except 1 daughter who is twin to the one boy.

I have been blessed with 8 grandchildren, ranging in age from 1 and a half to 18 -- 6 girls and 2 boys -- you can see in my family women are dominant.

I live in Boston, where I grew up but for many years lived in CT and Florida.

This past year has been a rough one for me as I was diagnosed with throat cancer and went thru chemo and radiation, a tracheotomy and finally in December a laryngectomy.

There have been some side "adventures" and I was back in the hospital 5x in Jan., Feb. and March of this year. Hope that's it!!! My old and new friends on here have been marvelous with burning the Blue for me and with encouraging words and prayers.

I love to read, collect music (all kinds except heavy metal and rap) and I write some.

I love scented wax and all my friends on the Forum.

Patsy [smilie=th_CONGRA34]

Hi, My name is Cathy. Divorced mom of 2 beautiful children. My oldest daughter Tiffany is 19 and studying to be a teacher and my youngest son, Joshua is 15 and learning how to drive. Oh my! Im engaged again to be married to a wonderful guy. I enjoy working in my flowers and sewing. I love my tarts and candles! We live in the beautiful state of Alabama.

Hi all, my name is Christy. I'm 25 and I've been married for almost 3 years. DH is a law student (about to graduate) and I'm working on my PhD in music. We have no kids yet, maybe in a few years, but that is undecided. I would LOVE to get a cat but I am allergic, so I get allergy shots each week in hopes of someday being able to have one. I'm originally from North Dakota and DH is from Nebraska.

The other forum I like to visit is Pricescope (http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/), which is a very informative site about diamonds and other jewelry. The Show Me the Ring section is my favorite. But CF is a lot more personal, and I can participate WAY more since buying tarts and candles is obviously WAY more affordable than expensive jewelry.

I'm Heidi. I've been married to my dh, Jason, for 14 1/2 years (15 years in June). We have 4 beautiful kids - Abby is 13, Cole will be 10 on Wednesday, Gage is 6, and my baby, Seth, is 4. I am a stay-at-home mom, and I homeschool all of the kids. My dh just started working from home last week for the company that he has been with for 4 1/2 years, and it's so nice to be able to see him all day. We have 2 cats, Jack and Ally, and 1 psycho puppy, Otis, who just turned 1 last week. Between the kids and the animals, it's rarely quiet around here. But, that's just the way I like it!

I love, love, love to read when I get the chance. I also like to sew, knit, and of course, enjoy my tarts and candles.

Oh, and I live in the beautiful state of NC, where I've lived most of my life. I was born in IL, moved to NC when I was 8, then lived in GA during college and first 2 years of married life. Then, we moved to Cin, OH for 2 years, and then back to NC. I'm a southern girl at heart.