The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Jack Frost January

Really cold here, too, and I have to leave and go to a class all day. [smilie=th_Kusje-1] Phooey - no tart melting there!

Had Blue Mountain clove on while getting ready.

Hope it is a good day for you all!

Guest Anonymous

I'm using one of their 14W electric burners. I thought it was a 12W, but I checked, and 14W is stamped on the bottom. It's very selective in what it melts. That Pixie Dust did OK, but still quite a bit of it didn't melt around the edges. *Heavy sigh*

I have been doing some reading on those low watt burners and have discovered that if it is a soy or palm wax tart then you need at least a 25 W bulb to get it to melt completely and get a good throw.

Palm and most soys have a higher melt point then paraffin does and it takes more wattage to do the trick.

Try using a paraffin tart in that burner and see if it works better.

I can't put soy or palm in my mini wall plug in burners. Those have a 15 watt bulb and it won't melt for nothing. Put a good crosscreek or whiff n sniff tart in that thing and BAM- I have meltage and a whole lot of scent. lol

It took me forever to figure out which type of burners to use on certain tarts.

Good luck!!

I'm melting Shore Club from Nene's in the powder room. My Bella's order I placed on the 15th should arrive today! [smilie=snoopy] Not bad TAT. I also got an e-mail from her about an hour after I place my order thanking me for being a return customer. Oh, I am not part of the swap, but I have a few tarts from CanDo that I will send to anyone who wants them. [smilie=th_Kusje-1] I just can't get them to melt in my 25 watt burners. I did try them in my 40 watt and they melting quickly and completely, but the scent didn't last long so I just don't want to mess with them.

Guest Anonymous

mp, I have never tried Can do and would like to. Maybe I have something we could trade?

mommyluvsnoah- If you have something you'd like to trade that would be great, but I'm also willing to just send them to you. My order with CanDo wasn't huge, but I don't want the few I have to just sit here.

Guest Anonymous

Mp, I don't really have any that I am looking to get rid of but hate having people send me something and get nothing in return. I don't keep a lot of tarts around but I do have some WNS, HOT, YC, and a few Tuscadero's on the way. You can email me if you want at mommyluvsnoah@gmail.com

Guest Anonymous

Winter garden aromatics cherry in my room(LOVE IT)..Wintergarden apple jack & peel in my living room and kitchen(hate it) The scent is strong and lasting,it's just NOT for me..No more appleJackand peel... [smilie=th_Kusje-1]

Guest Anonymous

Debra- I am going to test the longevity..I am so used to changing mine out that I am not too sure...I do love the scents though

Guest Anonymous

I'm using one of their 14W electric burners. I thought it was a 12W, but I checked, and 14W is stamped on the bottom. It's very selective in what it melts. That Pixie Dust did OK, but still quite a bit of it didn't melt around the edges. *Heavy sigh*

I have been doing some reading on those low watt burners and have discovered that if it is a soy or palm wax tart then you need at least a 25 W bulb to get it to melt completely and get a good throw.

Palm and most soys have a higher melt point then paraffin does and it takes more wattage to do the trick.

Try using a paraffin tart in that burner and see if it works better.

I can't put soy or palm in my mini wall plug in burners. Those have a 15 watt bulb and it won't melt for nothing. Put a good crosscreek or whiff n sniff tart in that thing and BAM- I have meltage and a whole lot of scent. lol

It took me forever to figure out which type of burners to use on certain tarts.

Good luck!!

I thought it was the reverse (but maybe it's like near-sighted and far-sighed, I'm always confusing them [smilie=th_Kusje-1] I thought soy had a lower melt point, which is why it burns cooler and lasts longer.....I've had good luck with my 14 watt melters and I only use soy. I have a couple of paraffin or parasoy blends and they have melted as well (taken longer but melted and threw fine)...The only time I've had trouble with throw is if the tart itself just wasn't a thrower to begin with. I took the same clamshell pack from one vendor recently and tried them in everything from the 14 watt, to the 25-watt bulb, to the tealight and no throw at all. But they definitely melted......I seem to get similar results between my 14-watt and my 25-watt bulb......But I'm still 'testing' the whole thing out, trying to narrow down what works best for what I use. I don't want a different burner for every single vendor....

Just got my Bella's order. [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJackie_vi7] I put Snickerdoodle in the kitchen right away as this is one of my daughter's favorites and she will be home from school soon. One of the freebies was Romantic Evening and it smells exactly like Jasmine Vanilla from B&BW. I just put it in the master bathroom so I'm anxious to see how it is once it's melted.

Guest Anonymous

Smoke Eater from Blue Mountain, just seems to last forever and doing a great job covering what I burnt for dinner. [smilie=th_Kusje-1]

Good Evening all--I just couldn't wait to try the YC shortbread cookie after Jason liked it so much. I went to my local Hallmark and got two of them 50% off. I am melting it as we speak. It is just about all melted and I am loving it. The manager at our local Yankee store had told me about it having lavendar in it and I smelled the jars and didn't think I'd like it. But, after reading the post I figured for half price why not try it. When I unwrapped it I could really smell the lavendar and was leery but went ahead and I am glad I did. We will see how it is as the evening progresses but for now it's a good one. I hated to dump my YC Blackberry as it was still going pretty strong at 12 hrs but couldn't stand the wait. If I like this I'll go get some more of them before they are gone. Have a great evening and I'll "talk" with you all tomorrow. Nancy [smilie=th_Kusje-1]

Guest Anonymous
Good Evening all--I just couldn't wait to try the YC shortbread cookie after Jason liked it so much. I went to my local Hallmark and got two of them 50% off. I am melting it as we speak. It is just about all melted and I am loving it. The manager at our local Yankee store had told me about it having lavendar in it and I smelled the jars and didn't think I'd like it. But, after reading the post I figured for half price why not try it. When I unwrapped it I could really smell the lavendar and was leery but went ahead and I am glad I did. We will see how it is as the evening progresses but for now it's a good one. I hated to dump my YC Blackberry as it was still going pretty strong at 12 hrs but couldn't stand the wait. If I like this I'll go get some more of them before they are gone. Have a great evening and I'll "talk" with you all tomorrow. Nancy [smilie=th_Kusje-1]

LOL, looks like Yankee's shortbread cookie got a workout today! I took one of my electric burners to work today, and decided to plop in the shortbread cookie one, because I remembered Jason saying how good it was. And it was! Divine! I just bought one at the Yankee Candle store when I was in Jackson this weekend...now wishing I had bought more!

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the input on the burner issue. I'm going to do some experimenting this weekend, now that I received my other burners from Tartburners.

Melting Island Fresh Gain from My Scented Shack upstairs-I am pretending I am cleaning!

Burning Coffee Break and Refreshing downstairs.

Guest Anonymous

I am so confused. I am also melting shortbread cookie and I am not getting any scent. Even if I stick my nose up to the melter. I have one going in a tealight and one in my 25W bulb burner. Anyone think that YC maybe keeps their tarts around too long and sometimes they are too old? Sigh.

I am having better luck upstairs w/ a Bizzy B tart in one room and a NEne's Spiced Cranberry in another. Both smell lovely.

I have my YC shortbread cookie in a 20 watt electric burner and it is throwing strong all over the house. I have huge ceilings and this one is really doing great. Maybe it's your burner. I don't think this fragrance could be old as it was just brought out for Christmas. Anyway, maybe if you have an electric plate burner you could switch it and see if it does better. [smilie=th_Kusje-1]

Just had another thought--maybe it's a dud. I had a Berry Jam one two weeks ago and couldn't smell it at all and tried again this week and had two that were fine. Or maybe our noses don't always pick up scents the same way. Who knows? I do know it is very disappointing when a tart doesn't work out. I always hate that. Hopefully, it won't happen too often.

Guest Anonymous
I am so confused. I am also melting shortbread cookie and I am not getting any scent. Even if I stick my nose up to the melter. I have one going in a tealight and one in my 25W bulb burner. Anyone think that YC maybe keeps their tarts around too long and sometimes they are too old? Sigh.

I am having better luck upstairs w/ a Bizzy B tart in one room and a NEne's Spiced Cranberry in another. Both smell lovely.

Wow, Mommy. I'm surprised about the shortbread cookie. Maybe you did end up with a dud? The one I bought was in the sale bin. I used Yankee's 14W electric burner in my office, and the scent permeated out into the hallway. I was afraid it might offend someone - you never know - but everyone commented on how good it was smelling.

Still melting LOL's Sweet Sixteen. Love this scent. It is kind of sweet... hard to describe, but really yummy.. [smilie=th_Kusje-1]