The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Need help finding Vanilla

Guest Anonymous

Hands down most fantastic vanilla out there, IMO in a candle is Pure Integrity! They have a few different vanilla scents (vanilla almond is my personal favorite) but their plain vanilla is great - they kinda famous for it - and this month they have a shipping sale so it's a good time to try them out.

Guest Anonymous

K's Kreations has a wonderful Vanilla Bean Noel..very true & strong. Great prices. I think I paid less tha $10 for a 16 oz candle a few months ago. I have ordered from her twice. Good warm vanilla sugar too!

BusyBee candles has a great warm vanilla sugar woodwic candle. IMO Donna has the best woodwics available.

Guest Anonymous
K's Kreations has a wonderful Vanilla Bean Noel..very true & strong. Great prices. I think I paid less tha $10 for a 16 oz candle a few months ago. I have ordered from her twice. Good warm vanilla sugar too!

BusyBee candles has a great warm vanilla sugar woodwic candle. IMO Donna has the best woodwics available.

I agree about K's Vanilla Bean Noel [smilie=th_a194]

Thanks all, I will check out both. :(

Have you found a good strong vanilla yet? I've tried 6 different ones the past two weeks, and still in search of a good one. I have two that I received yesterday from Shortie's and CHC that I haven't tried yet, so maybe one of them will be THE ONE. :P

Guest Anonymous
Thanks all, I will check out both. :(

Have you found a good strong vanilla yet? I've tried 6 different ones the past two weeks, and still in search of a good one. I have two that I received yesterday from Shortie's and CHC that I haven't tried yet, so maybe one of them will be THE ONE. :P

another great strong one is Busy Bee's Warm vanilla

I have the PI Vanilla in stock, but haven't tried it yet. Now I must try it tonight. Y'all got me curious.

I like the Vaniglia de Madagascar or the Vanilla Oak scents from Blue Moon Candles.

I think Aroma Soy has that too.

edit: ok I have been enjoying my Pure Integrity Vanilla for the past half hour. It's GREAT. Everyone is right about this one. It's the best I've smelled. Hands down.

I just received PI's Vanilla and Vanilla Almond melts a few weeks ago. I just got to melting them the other day... hardly any throw... I may have to try again... maybe it was the weather that day. I have to say the cold smell on both was not great either... :lol: I will let them sit and try again.

I do really like Sugar & Spice's Vanilla Bean. It is a nice vanilla without being too heavy.

Guest Anonymous

I found the vanilla review, didnt see that before for some reason. Now I am curious to try spotted hogs sinfully vanilla. I just wish on the melts you didnt have to order so many of the same scent. When I order I like to do a decent size one, especially with flat rate shipping.

I appreciate every ones input on this, for me. Thanks again everyone.

No luck yet. No scent at all from CHC's french vanilla, and hardly any throw from Shortie's vanilla bean, although it was divine cold in both the melts and the candle. I want heavy and strong! Gee, maybe I should just pour some pure vanilla extract into a melter. :P

Sorry to post again, but I just saw what you wrote Roxkline. I tried Hog's vanilla candle, and there was hardly any throw at all, but the candle was so perfect in every other way...2 wicks so well-centered, very hardy, burned very evenly, and the wax smelled so fantastic and looked good enough to eat. Maybe the melts are the way to go because the free waffle cone sample melt they sent me was so great. Please let us know how you like the vanilla if you place an order.

:P

Guest candlefreak

Candles by Victoria has some great vanilla scents and in my experience, her scents are some of the strongest I have tried. My family really likes her spiced vanilla. Also, she offers tarts in 2 oz singles called scent shots, so that way you don't have to order many in the same scent. The only thing is that she charges 8 something for shipping, so just ordering scent shots or tarts is kind of expensive for shipping. Sometimes she does offer $5 shipping. Happy hunting!

:P

Guest Anonymous

HearttoHeart - Was it the SINFULLY VANILLA from spotted Hog? I noticed more than one vanilla on the site. Thanks, Rox

What about Vanilla Dreams from Cozy Moments? I think I found out about that from Jerseymom, and I really do like it.

I have the vanilla candle from PI, but have not burned it yet.

ETA: I don't see it listed on her Etsy site. Maybe could convo her for it. Also on her regular website (which is closed right now), I see Vanilla Breeze listed.

HearttoHeart - Was it the SINFULLY VANILLA from spotted Hog? I noticed more than one vanilla on the site. Thanks, Rox

Yes, Roxline, it was Sinfully Vanilla from Spotted Hog. I thought maybe I needed to try it again since there have been so many great reviews,and maybe it needed to cure a while. I burned it yesterday, and it seemed a little stronger when I placed it in a smaller room, but the throw was still weak. I also ordered Peppermint Twist from Spotted Hog and it was very nice and had a unique scent, but once again, it was better cold.

Now I am contemplating trying P.I's vanilla since it too, has received such raves. The candles and melts I rate are IMHO, and I think we all have different criteria that stem from our Olfactory nerves(getting a bit serious here) that determine how we rate candles and melts.

I don't doubt anyone who says a candle is the stongest or weakest of all they have tried, for they are smelling it and I'm not.

I guess the best we can do is try to find others here that agree on the ones we have tried, and then follow their lead and consider spending our money on those.

I think it is great to see scents listed by the group here and how they rate them. I appreciate you starting the question here very much. It really made me think about how important individual differences are in our sense of smell.

I was awakened tonight by peppermint melts that were going strong from CHC. I actually love the scent and its strength, but I am not so sure about it waking me up.

:lol: