The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest stardustgirl

In Search of Insanely Strong Eucalyptus Spearmint

Guest stardustgirl

I looooove most of the BBW Eucalyptus Spearmint products: I've stockpiled the lotion, scrub, shower gel and have my eye on a couple of other things.

Their aromatherapy candles were disappointing, though. I got one that comes in a glass canister with a glass lid and I thought it would be da bomb. Not. :lol:

It's weak. Compared to their other products the scent is all but invisible. I have the world's tiniest bathroom (5x8, and that's measuring stud-to-stud, never mind the drywall) and it's imperceptible when I walk in there. I want BIG Eucalyptus Spearmint. :shock:

Anyone with suggestions? I'm only seeking candles (votive, column, jar, doesn't really matter) not melts.

Guest candlefreak

The only one I have tried has been from Candles by Victoria. I tried it in a tart, but you can get all her fragrances in jars, pillars, votives, or tarts. It was extremely strong, just not my cup of tea as for the scent.

Stardust...I was also disappointed in that candle, and no luck here with a good and strong Eucalyptus AND Spearmint together, but I have found the strongest candles to give off a similar scent to be Tyler's Eucalyptus and B&B's Twisted Peppermint candle. The Peppermint is only sold in the stores during holiday time, but I found it on ebay. I certainly had to pay more than usual to get what I wanted, but it was worth it.

Good luck!

Stardust, I haven't tried them yet, but I did notice Eucalyptus Spearmint on their scent list:

http://www.countrychunkiecandles.com/

We are now offering special ordering on our 26 oz Apothocary Jars. $13.00 each. Just contact us for more info if you would like a bigger Country Chunkie Candle!!!

I am going to try a couple of their large jars. I sent an email and received a quick reply about the number of wicks (there are 2 with that size candle). Just another resource for you, in case you want to try.

Stardust...I just saw that Shortiescandles.com just came out with a Eucalyptus Spearmint that is rated the strongest on their "scent-o-meter." I have tried their vanilla bean candle and for a vanilla scent, it was very rich and strong when I had it in a small room.

Guest stardustgirl

Thanks for all the suggestions! [smilie=th_th3de3a8c4]

I'm definitely going to give some of those a test-run. It's so easy to become overwhelmed when visiting candle sites because of the sheer variety of so many yummy sounding things. If I can just focus on one (or two... a friend and I are both still seeking a peppermint that is basically a candle version of an Altoids ( "curiously strong" ) it may be easier.