The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Jack Frost January

I am melting Beanpod's Soy Beads in Belgian Waffle and Whipped Cream. I put the Belgian Waffle in for awhile by itself. I used about 1/3 of the cylinder of beads. That was a nice scent, pretty subtle. I then added about 1 tablespoon or so of Whipped Cream. Still nice fragrance, but pretty subtle. I really like the scents. The throw so far is fairly light. The melt pool with both scents melted looks about to be the size of what a 1 ounce tart would be. Maybe I need to add more beads next time... When I do get a whiff, it is delicious. [smilie=group_hug]

Just put in Nene's Brown Sugar & Fig in the upstairs loft. Still melting Eggnog downstairs, but will change it out soon. I'm off to Hallmark to see if they still have any of that delicious YC Shortbread Cookie everyone keeps raving about. [smilie=group_hug]

I'm melting Nene's Rosemary Mint in my 14W. Not much of a throw yet, but a good minty scent. Have Nene's Amish Harvest in the bath in my plug-in. More throw and stronger than the mint, even though it's just a 15W melter. But you can always count on Amish Harvest to be great.

Guest Anonymous
I'm melting Nene's Rosemary Mint in my 14W. Not much of a throw yet, but a good minty scent. Have Nene's Amish Harvest in the bath in my plug-in. More throw and stronger than the mint, even though it's just a 15W melter. But you can always count on Amish Harvest to be great.

Eileen do you have a plug in outlet warmer? How do you like it? I have been thinking of getting one for my bathroom.

Guest Anonymous

I just bought a yankee tart warmer with the tea light. It is not throwing the fragrance at all. I don't like it so far. Am I doing something wrong?

My best tart burner is a candle warmer with a 8 oz. empty tin sitting on it. It throws the fragrance fast, and strong. Just the way I like it!!!

Karla

Good afternoon all, just came home from town and my lemon soybeads downstairs had pretty much pooped out (it had been 8 1/2 hrs) so have CHC homemade sugar cookie going--am just beginning to smell it a little. The soybeads upstairs are still going strong. I got some more YC Shortbread Cookie at half price at my local Hallmark plus 2 YC Sparkling Vanilla and 2 Autumn Wreath also at half price. Then they had 5 Village Apples and Oak for 75% off so got all 5 for $2.41 including tax!! So I think I did pretty well. (Like I needed more tarts) Well, this is all from me until later. Enjoy your afternoon everyone. [smilie=group_hug]

Guest Anonymous

Karla,I had the same problem with my tealight..I got frustrated and tossed it...If you check the thread in melting pot mtitled Am I an idiot? You will find some answers there! HTH.Melissa [smilie=group_hug]

Hey, glad so many of you liked the Shortbread Cookie! I was really surprised how much I liked it because the idea of eating shortbread cookies doesn't sound all that wonderful to me. Wish I had some more of them. I'm worried they will discontinue it especially since they've been selling them at a discount. Today I have YC Berry Tangerine. The cold throw was big, but now that it's melted, it is much lighter to me. Smells like fruit punch to me and it's nice, but not wowing me. Fighting the temtation to go stock up on Shortbread Cookie!

Our local Hallmark doesn't carry YC Shortbread Cookie. I left emptied handed because they didn't have a large assortment of tarts and the ones they did have weren't on sale. Sigh... On a brighter note, Nene's Brown Sugar & Fig is doing great upstairs. It's an exact dupe of B&BW. Still haven't decided what to melt downstairs. I was kind of counting on coming home with a couple of Shortbread Cookie tarts to try. [smilie=group_hug]

Well, CHC just got the ultimate praise at this house with their Homemade Sugar Cookie tart--my son, who doesn't like hardly any of the tarts I burn and NEVER has liked a bakery scent just hollered at me and said he liked what I had burning. He said it was the first cooking smell that smelled like the real thing. I could hardly believe it. Anyway, I am enjoying it too so it will be a re-order as well as the lilac from here. Of the three I"ve burned these two are good. I have 17 more scents to go and then I'll order more of what I like. [smilie=group_hug]

Guest Anonymous

Gramma Fran's Mulberry - love it, very strong throw.

Nene's Japanese Plum - nice scent, moderate throw

Angie's Cranberry Spice - not smelling anything yet.

Good night! [smilie=group_hug]

Eileen do you have a plug in outlet warmer? How do you like it? I have been thinking of

getting one for my bathroom.

Yes, it is a plug-in outlet warmer. I got it for the bathroom, which is relatively small, because of its small wattage. I really do like it. It throws off just enough scent to make it perfect for the area. And then, too, I can get 4 to 6 days from one 1oz tart, melting 1/2 at a time. I think you would be happy with one.

Ending the day with Angie's Amish Harvest.

cyngreen- I didn't get any throw from Angie's Cranberry Spice even after it had completely melted.

[smilie=group_hug]

Guest Anonymous

Hi, Trep!! You are really in the Ozarks--I am in Ozark country :lol: I am about an hour and a half away from you probably in the little Victorian town of Carthage. Thanks so much for the Beanpod recommendations. I am going this weekend to grab the Lemon Citrus and the Raspberry Lemonade soy beads, thanks to you! Lately, I have been stuck on the Hot Apple Cider beads. I am so lucky this week. . .I just had two days off. . .work two more. . .then, two more off again [smilie=th_12E9EC16] just in time for the weekend, and, some heavy-duty candle burning time. [smilie=group_hug]

Guest Anonymous

Hi, Candlefan! I LOVE YC Shortbread Cookie, too. But, I have good news and bad news for you. OK, here we go. . .this is directly from my local YC store manager. . .the scent was intended to be just a seasonal one. They won't continue to carry it thru the spring and summer, BUT, it has been so popular (a bit of a sleeper hit) that they plan to bring it back for fall and the holidays. [smilie=th_12E9EC16] So, our mission. . .should we decide to accept it. . .is to hunt to the ends of the earth (at least our neighborhoods :lol: ) for any and all remaining supplies. Good luck. . .and, this message may or may not self-destruct in 30 seconds [smilie=group_hug]

Guest Anonymous

I haven't lit anything today but I have been having the wall plug in burner going in the half bath non stop since Monday and the scent in this tart is still strong.

It has Raspberry Zinger from Mookie Doodle Designs in.

I am really shocked that something is actually working in the wall unit.

I really dont like the wall units at all. But there's no safe place to put a tea light or electric burner in that bathroom.

I think I'll clean out all the burners tomorrow and put some new stuff in. I have a few Crosscreek tarts I am dying to try.

Guest Anonymous

This evening I decided to put in a couple sample tarts from Cheryl's Candles-teeny-tiny things-called Gingerbread House (I think). Within a few minutes, the scent permeated my whole front area of the trailer. I was so surprised, and happy, that those 2 tiny tart samples have such a strong scent!!! What a nice treat after 5 duds....Yay, Cheryl!!

Guest Anonymous

I think that it is always fun to clean out all the burners and start with fresh, new scents. The hardest part for me is figuring out what I will put in each one [smilie=group_hug]] , but, that is really all the fun of it, too [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Guest Anonymous
Ending the day with Angie's Amish Harvest.

cyngreen- I didn't get any throw from Angie's Cranberry Spice even after it had completely melted.

[smilie=group_hug]

Ah ha...I used two of those tarts in a 25W bulb burner and got nada. *Heavy sigh*

HI Eileen and wildfire--guess we are neighbors with me in Bolivar, Eileen in Springfield and wildfire in Carthage (love your neat town). Anyway, it's good to know you both. I started out finishing up my CHC Homemade Sugar Cookie and am now trying YC's Greek Fig and Black Currant--it smells a little odd cold so will see how it warms up. You all have a great day. It's cold here in the Ozarks. [smilie=group_hug]

Guest Anonymous

Gramma Fran's Blueberry Muffins - strong & yummy! I might have to make some before work!

Mulberry from Gramma still going strong.

Don't know what I'll do at the office today.

Have a great day everyone!