The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Christmas must-haves?

So this next week, I will be making a few tart orders for the upcoming holiday season and I would love your recommendations on your all-time favorite Christmas tarts. I know I'll be placing an order with Carol for a few samplers, but I'd like to try something different, too. Help me decide what to get! [smilie=th_8d1933ff]

Guest stardustgirl

If stuck on an island with a tart melter and only one choice of holiday scent, I'd go with Everyday Whims Coffee With Santa. I fell so hard for it that I immediately got online and re-ordered before the melt had even completely dissolved.

Riss has several holiday scents and I ordered them along with my re-order. Cold sniff is nice on all of them.. I'm holding off melting them until a wee bit closer to the holidays (despite what retailers wish, I don't think of it as Christmas Season until after T-Day).

Candle-Licious Peppermint and O Christmas Tree get thumbs up from me too.

Stardust, Coffee with Santa is great. I like EW's Christmas tree scent too, and Home & Hearth.

Front porch has Santa's Whiskers which I love but that's only one scent. I'm trying to think of a vendor that has many good holiday scents. - besides YC.

I've got some on the way from CYS and HoT but I haven't smelled them yet. I'll let you know. Cozy Cottage has their Holiday boxes available.

I think I like holiday scents even more than fall scents. Love YC Christmas Eve, EW Coffee with Santa and Candy Cane, Front Porch Mrs. Claus' Cookies. I have a lot more to try, but these are ones I've tried and love!

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm a little embarassed, I was just over on the Rants and Raves thread and saw that there was a Christmas scent recommendation topic that I somehow missed. Between this thread and that one, I'm sure to get some great ideas! One question about Coffee With Santa. Is it really heavy on the coffee? What is the other note to it? I like scents that really smell Christmassy.

Jason, Coffee with Santa is not heavy on the coffee. Here is the description: Fresh brewed coffee, caramel, cinnamon, peppermint, and chocolate.

I actually smell all the scents that are in the description, including chocolate. This is the first tart I've ever melted with chocolate in it that I've liked. All the scents just blend together wonderfully. I actually have one on hand so if you want, I could stick it in the mail for you so you could try it. Let me know and you can e-mail me your address.

Hey Jason. I know you're a CFTKR fan like I am so here are some personal favorites...

Christmas Time (this is her dupe of YC's Christmas Wish)

Holiday Relish

Egg Nog (very similar to YC's)

Christmas Pine (excellent tree scent)

Frosted Sugar Cookie (very close to YC's Christmas Cookie)

Her Christmas Cookie is different from what she offered last year. If you like YC's Sparkling Vanilla, then get this year's Christmas Cookie. The scent is identical.

Candy Cane

Christmas Morn (like an orange flavored cinnamon bun)

Almond Pastry (smells like Marzipan)

Apple Jack Peel

Balsam & Cedar (excellent tree scent)

Sugared Spruce

If you like BBW's Winter Candy Apple then Carol's Candy Apple Garden is a must have.

Chocolate Mint

Christmas Cravings

Christmas Kitchen (close to YC's Christmas Wish but with peppermint added into the mix)

Spiced Mulberry

Christmas Prarie Cake

Cinnamon Cranberry Harvest

Cinnamon Buns

Cranberry Orange Spice

Gingerbread Goodies

Gingerbread Noel

Noels of Vanilla

Holiday Cranberry Noel

Holiday Noel & Cinnamon

Holiday Treats

Aspen Winter (BBW dupe)

Home for the Holidays

Jack Frost (not a YC dupe but similar type of scent)

Spiced Cranberry

Glistening Snow (Glade dupe)

Hot Apple Pie

Whoah, LLVV! As usual, a dizzying selection to consider! Thank you so much. You are officially The Queen of CFTKR Expertise (clunky title, I know, but try to wear it proud!) I notice several of these scents are included in her samplers and will be trying alot of them.

Mpfand, that is mighty sweet of you. But you know what? I'm sold on your description! I'm going to order it! Thank you for the sweet offer. :lol:

ETA: LLVV, I LOVE that Cinnamon Cranberry Harvest! I've melted it a couple of times this fall.

Mpfand, that is mighty sweet of you. But you know what? I'm sold on your description! I'm going to order it! Thank you for the sweet offer. :)

Well, ok, but I was all set to send it out tomorrow along with a few extras since it's your birthday month. I never got your address for the birthday swap so if you want, you can still e-mail me your address. If you're planning on an order with Everyday Whims the Newbie special is a great way to sample just a few scents without investing a lot of money and since she lives in TX and ships super fast you'll have them in a couple of days. She's also having a sale on Veteran's Day. [smilie=th_cc8]

Tarthound, I almost forgot to thank you for your suggestions. Is that Christmas Past a CFTKR scent? I think I remember reading about it and thinking it sounded fantastic.

Mr Jason,

Well your mighty welcome....Carol does have it! I love this one at Christmas time or heck, whenever. It is one of my very favorites too. Email me at jkh4@wmconnect.com and put Christmas Past in the Subject....and I will get back with you about getting one or a few..... [smilie=th_1286B215]

Tarthound