The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Has anyone tried the Yankee Sugared Plums fragrance?

My very first YC housewarmer jar was this scent. Funny how I remember that since it was about 9 years ago! I remember it smelled kind of sweet, but I can't really say what it smelled it like. I know I really liked it, but that probably doesn't help you out much! [smilie=th_yeahthat]

Joan--last Christmas season, some of the Hallmark stores had the little jars in this fragrance and I got some. To me, the scent smelled almost identical to Yankee's current Christmas Eve scent. I am not 100% positive, but I think last fall I overheard a customer in the Yankee store asking about the Sugared Plums and she was told that it IS the same fragrance as Christmas Eve. I wouldn't swear to it, but I have sniffed both, and they smell the same to me.

Joan--I just now went and dug out my little jar of Sugared Plums and a Christmas Eve tart and the plum might be a tad lighter but is IS the same. Having no idea whether or not you know what Chrismas Eve smells like, I will try and describe it. It is a sweet sugary scent but with hints of spices in it. I am not a spice scent lover, nor do I like super sweet smells but this combination is very good--I burn it a lot during the holidays. Hope this helps.

Thank you both. Trep, thank you so much for the comparison. I think I have a tart in Christmas Eve that I've never used so I will try it. I went back to look at the candle and it is sold out anyway. I love plum scents and a little spice, so I bet I will like the Christmas Eve. Its interesting how YC brings back scents. It must have been successful so they just put it in another form that caught more people's eye.

Thanks again [smilie=th_create]

Thank you both. Trep, thank you so much for the comparison. I think I have a tart in Christmas Eve that I've never used so I will try it. I went back to look at the candle and it is sold out anyway. I love plum scents and a little spice, so I bet I will like the Christmas Eve. Its interesting how YC brings back scents. It must have been successful so they just put it in another form that caught more people's eye.

Thanks again [smilie=th_create]

You are welcome, Joan. I think you hit the nail on the head. Yankee does switch names of scents quite a bit. I guess to update or make them fit in the season better.

I am so glad you said this, Nancy! I always swore that Sugared Plums and Christmas Eve are the same darn scent! But I always thought, why bother having the same scent out in two competely different packaging and colors? But yes, Sugared Plums smells exactly like Christmas Eve. It does go to show the power of packaging, though. If given the option of the two, I'd take Christmas Eve!

Nancy, you said Yankee changes the names of scents often. It got me to wondering what other scents got the ol' switcheroo. Do you know of other scents they've done this to? I know I couldn't smell the difference of regular Home Sweet Home and Holiday Home Sweet Home, even though they had different scent descriptions on the website. But any others that you know of?

I know that the Boo Nilla that was out last Halloween is Christmas Cookie and I remember the manager at our store telling me some months ago of some others that have been given new names and/or tweaked in their scent just a tad in order to bring them back under another name. I'll have to ask him for specifics the next time I get a chance as the names have slipped my mind. I agree that I could tell no difference in the Holiday Home Sweet Home from the original unless it was just a little more hint of holiday greenery in it. Mostly just the color was different in my opinion. I suppose, like Jason said, that different names and colors etc. do make a difference and also give the scents an update. It would be nice, however, to know ahead of time what was what so we don't miss out on old favorites just because they have a new name or color.

I guess everyone's nose is different - I know Yankee likes to recycle and rename their scents but I've burned both Christmas Eve and Sugared Plums at that same time and found them to be very distinct and different. These were the original versions, so maybe the Sugared Plums that's making a comeback has now morphed into Christmas Eve?

[smilie=th_happy096]

Anyway, of the two I prefer Christmas Eve - it has a much better throw and the Sugared Plums tends to tunnel horribly.

I guess everyone's nose is different - I know Yankee likes to recycle and rename their scents but I've burned both Christmas Eve and Sugared Plums at that same time and found them to be very distinct and different. These were the original versions, so maybe the Sugared Plums that's making a comeback has now morphed into Christmas Eve?

[smilie=th_happy096]

Anyway, of the two I prefer Christmas Eve - it has a much better throw and the Sugared Plums tends to tunnel horribly.

Now that is an interesting observation. Perhaps they were different scents at one time and then when they redid the plum one they just made it Christmas Eve in a different color or something. I don't know. Like Jason said, he couldn't tell the difference and I have them both right here and they are the same--perhaps CE is a tad stronger but it is definitely the same scent. Obviously, if you've had both of the originals, then they were not always the same. Very interesting--thanks for telling us. I guess now we know it may or may not be the same depending on what version you have. It will be interesting to see if anyone gets one of the big jars they just put out and we'll see how it compares to the Christmas Eve that will soon be out again.

Nancy, you said Yankee changes the names of scents often. It got me to wondering what other scents got the ol' switcheroo. Do you know of other scents they've done this to? I know I couldn't smell the difference of regular Home Sweet Home and Holiday Home Sweet Home, even though they had different scent descriptions on the website. But any others that you know of?

When I was last time at the store there was a couple buying a medium sized jar called Cape Cod with different design label as usuall Yankee. At the checkout the associate asked them if they don't want big jar instead, beacuse it is better vaue. And guess what, the associate brought Willow breeze and said it is the same just a different label.

So Cape Cod= Willow breeze