The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

CFTKR Scents

OK, so I've heard from some of you raving a lot about this vendor. Also mentioning that some or many scents are similiar to YC. What scents from CFTKR are like YC? She has so many, I'm not sure what to look for. (by the way, I love YC, so can't wait to hear what you all have to say.)

One more thing, does she have one similiar to the scent Dune Grass or Sun & Sand?

Guest Anonymous

Funny, I am not a fan of YC but Carol is in my top 3 vendors. Fabulous cs & tat and always lots of freebies. Some of my favorite scents are Garden Gate, Heather, Mandarin Grove, Sweet Potato Pie, Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies, Bear Claws & her sugars. She has lots of new scents too that sound yummy. You won't be sorry, oh & the packages are so cute I give them as gifts.

This company is definitely on my "to try" list. I was browsing around the ebay store the other day and found it to be a bit convoluted and hard to navigate. I couldn't find an option to buy single tarts. I like to order a different scent for each tart and it looked like you could only buy them in various size lots. Did I miss something? I probably would have placed an order by now if you could buy singles.

I know what you mean Jason, however, you get used to it after a while and actually end up finding surprising treasures (and to the sadness of my wallet, end up spending more LOL). If you're interested in a particular type of scent, then you can use the left side naviagtion to search through categories. If you're looking for a particular scent then you can search for it using the search feature. If you're interested in singles scents, then try one of her samplers. She doesn't offer the single scents the way most candlemakers do. However, they are a great way of trying the scents that you're interested in and new ones that you never though you'd be interested in but end up loving.

This company is definitely on my "to try" list. I was browsing around the ebay store the other day and found it to be a bit convoluted and hard to navigate. I couldn't find an option to buy single tarts. I like to order a different scent for each tart and it looked like you could only buy them in various size lots. Did I miss something? I probably would have placed an order by now if you could buy singles.
candlefaninokc... CFTKR has samplers... look on the left hand side on the home page and scroll towards the bottom in the store categories.. it will say tart sampler-mini.... she has several samplers (a lot of different themes)... good way to try her product.

I like the idea of tart samplers, but it would be nice if the scent description was included for each tart in that sample. Is there a master scent list anywhere? I don't know if I'm missing it...

I like the idea of tart samplers, but it would be nice if the scent description was included for each tart in that sample. Is there a master scent list anywhere? I don't know if I'm missing it...

I don't think you missed anything Lisa. I guess she figures with her search bar, people can find HER description once you click on your choice.

Did you notice that the ones that are suppose to be close to YC type scents she indicates as such?

I notice that most vendors will send samples of their newest scents, unless you request a scent group that you like. The next tiime you order, tell her what samples you would like. That will give you time to read the scent description in advance. She sent me samples related to the type of scents I ordered because I inquired about minty type scents.

I don't think you missed anything Lisa. I guess she figures with her search bar, people can find HER description once you click on your choice.

Did you notice that the ones that are suppose to be close to YC type scents she indicates as such?

I notice that most vendors will send samples of their newest scents, unless you request a scent group that you like. The next tiime you order, tell her what samples you would like. That will give you time to read the scent description in advance. She sent me samples related to the type of scents I ordered because I inquired about minty type scents.

I am talking about the sampler packs she sells with 6-7 different scents, not samples (little gifts) she sends extra. I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing! :lol: She has about 5-6 Fall sampler packs with different scents in each. If it's not an obvious one you have to go look each scent up individually to see what it smells like. Unless there is another way to do it?

I just went to her site to double check, and when you look at the sampler pack, it lists the scents included in the samples. Go back and search that scent, and you will see a desription. It is the same type of description you get when you purchase them individually. I think we need a "scratch n sniff" page" for all scents.

Does this help? Hey, maybe we can invent a scratch n sniff web page.

:lol:

Scratch this-----------------------> CFTKR Cranberry Peppermint

Do you smell anything? I have been melting it for 30 minutes now and all I smell is wax.

If I had smelled it before I clicked on buy it now, there is no way I would have bought it. I just have to be honest.

I just went to her site to double check, and when you look at the sampler pack, it lists the scents included in the samples. Go back and search that scent, and you will see a desription. It is the same type of description you get when you purchase them individually. I think we need a "scratch n sniff" page" for all scents.

Does this help? Hey, maybe we can invent a scratch n sniff web page.

:lol:

Yes, that's exactly what I did, but it's a pain to have to look up each scent! It would be nice if the scent description was there along with the names, you know?

Do you smell anything? I have been melting it for 30 minutes now and all I smell is wax.

If I had smelled it before I clicked on buy it now, there is no way I would have bought it. I just have to be honest.

Oh no! That's in the sampler pack for the one I bought my MIL and myself. I thought her tarts usually have a good throw? Is this a first for you?

Oh no! That's in the sampler pack for the one I bought my MIL and myself. I thought her tarts usually have a good throw? Is this a first for you?

This came from my first order which was really a big one. After about 2 hours of melting the Cranberry Peppermint, there was a light throw that I would describe as a berries scent like you get from those cone shaped bathroom fresheners that you pull up and they have wax in them.

The Sugared Spruce had a good throw and a very nice scent, so it may just be that scent, and also it may just be ME. I happen to love overpowering scents with a great throw that make some people's eyes water.

Don't worry Lisa, I am sure there will be some nice scents that you and your MIL will like.

I agree with you about the hassle of looking up the desriptions, but at least she has them!

I will be anxious to hear what you think of Carol's scents.

[smilie=th_bb20]

I just ordered from Carol for the first time last week. I didn't order very much, because I wanted to make sure her tarts had the throw I wanted. So far I have tried Almond Pastry, which is VERY nice, and a nice strong throw that lasted all day! I tried wind swept shores (part of a sampler pack) this was nice, but not very strong. Laundry day is pretty, I love the clean scents. It had a nice throw. I put English Ivy in this morning, started out nice, but after a little while it was overpowering and I had to take it out. It was an extra sample she gave me. Apple Orchard is nice, it smells exactly like YC Macintosh, but the throw is lighter. Also I put Salty Sea AIr in, it's a pretty clean scent, but also the throw is pretty light. The best thing to do is buy the sampler packs. I didn't bother to look at the scent descriptions on those, I just chose them by the types of scents I normally like. I got the order in 2 or 3 days, and she included lots of samples.Next I am going to try more bakery and fruity scents, and I'm dying to try the Hawaaian Tropic scent.

Sharon

Don't worry Lisa, I am sure there will be some nice scents that you and your MIL will like.

I

Oh, it's OK...It's just always a little embarrassing when you give someone a present that doesn't perform the way you expect. Right before I learned about the wonderful world of etailers, we gave MIL a candle from a store in PA (American Candle maybe) and it had zero throw. I would hate a repeat of that! Though his Mother was kind enough never to say anything, we just happened to be over when it was burning.

I got my order today and had to open the cranberry peppermint first! [smilie=th_ecd36868] It smells very strong in the bag, so it seems like it would have good throw. I probably will wait for a cooler day to try melting some of this, since I got a Fall sampler. I might try that cranberry one first!

I have the cranberry peppermint going and the throw is strong! I'm thinking you must have gotten a dud. I have it going in my living room and smell it on the other side of my apartment. That only happens with certain companies. I still think I need that scratch and sniff feature though...I'm not sure I like the scent! [smilie=th_ecd36868] Good thing for the sampler!

I have the cranberry peppermint going and the throw is strong! I'm thinking you must have gotten a dud. I have it going in my living room and smell it on the other side of my apartment. That only happens with certain companies. I still think I need that scratch and sniff feature though...I'm not sure I like the scent! :P Good thing for the sampler!

You're the smart one to get the sampler! I ordered a whole bag of these in the grubby tarts because I just knew I would love that scent combination. I melted a few more after seeing what you wrote, and these are strong all right...BUT the scent that is strong is like one of those bathroom wick waxes to me. I just don't like it. Thanks for posting about it. It gave me a chance to test it again.

It is hard for me to test small tarts because most of the rooms in my house are fairly large. I think I need to add on a room to my house that is just big enough to store my tarts and serve as a testing room. If I did that, I don't think I would be able to afford any more tarts though!

[smilie=th_1_bigone110] [smilie=th_lmao-1]