The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

What is the best sugar cookie scent?

The original reason I joined Candlefind all those months back was to find a replacement for a fluke batch of For Everybody Sugar Cookie candles I had to pleasure of smelling (and receiving one as a gift) a couple years ago. Subsequent visits to the company have left me disappointed: the look is different (mine was in a large square jar with silver sprinkles and had a very soft wax...so soft you could push down on it with your finger and leave a substantial dent) and the throw and quality of burn is nowhere near the same. All emails to the company went without response.

Despite my giving up on this particular brand, I've found tons of other wonderful scents by reading the reviews and customer reviews on this site, but the aroma of fresh baked sugar cookies still lingers in my memory. Subsequent attempts through a couple candle companies here and there have led to some disappontments: either they don't carry a sugar cookie and their cookie has some type of spice in it which totally overwhelms the aroma, the throw is too light, or the scent is too cake-like and doesn't have the sugary goodness I'm looking for.

So I throw myself on the mercy of the forum and hope you will share with me your opinions on the best Sugar Cookie scents the web has to offer. [smilie=th_blij31-1]

Not knowing exactly what you are looking for makes it hard to recommend as I only know what I like in a sugar cookie scent but I really like Bizzy B's Gourmet Sugar Cookie, also Crosscreek's Gourmet Sugar Cookie and Brown Bag Sugar Cookie. These are all ones I burn alot. Can Do's Snickerdoodle is another one I like as, to me, it doesn't smell as much like a snickerdoodle cookie but more like a sugar cookie.

Guest Anonymous

Thank you Trep. I'll check those websites out.

It's pretty hard to describe as well...especially two years later, so these recommendation are just perfect. Bascially I just want board member's favorite Sugar Cookie, which to them has the strongest and truest throw and scent.

Candle Haven has two scents that you may be interested in: Sugar Cookie and Shortbread. I have never tried either of these, but I have ordered from there several times and am very pleased with her product, customer service and TAT.

For Everybody Sugar cookie 26oz jar is on sale at Kohl's for $9.45.

Even if they changed the formula, that's a really good price. I wish this were the same blend as you remember. holy cow 26 ounces for $9.45. They are practlically giving them away.

I may have to go do a sniff test this weekend. :oops: