The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

Extra Strong Lemon-No Cake Please

I know that lemon was posted here a a while back, but I never saw any responses for a true authentic smelling strong lemon without additional fragrances, except for the beanpod "lemon citrus." There are many vendors carrying unique lemon fragrances, but does anybody have a suggestion for tarts that have an extra strong throw that are truly lemon?

:lol:

I really like Cheryl's Lemon Tart....it is a newer scent and very strong.

I really want to order these, but Cheryl's web site is very confusing. What I am reading is that to place an order, you have to e-mail them the item you want. Did I miss something? I have never been to a web site like that before unless it is to place a special order. Maybe I am just stupid. can you help me?

:lol:

Yep you just email her. Actually, after I got used to it I kind of like it that way No cart issues.

Just list the item and the item # , how many and which scents. She will then send you an invoice. Any questiojns, just call her.... she is very helpful. If She has questions she will get back to you.

Happy Shopping

Guest stardustgirl

Good lemon seems to be a really elusive thing! I'm still looking (tart, candle, whatever).

The only decent candle so far is Henri Bendel. I don't think they do tarts but you could always do a little candle surgery and make your own.

I just placed my first order with Candle-Licious and noticed they are soliciting votes for scents people would like to see. You can vote for three, and they'll send you one if lots of people request it and they wind up making them. Lemon was one of my 3. They claim to make strong, true candle scents (and do have melts) so I'd love to see them give lemon a shot.

Thanks slpit! Cheryl's lemon is on its way, and to you too stardust for your info. I'll have to place my vote.

I have also been on a hunt for a pure and strong peppermint, and I made a request on Candle Haven, and she put it up on her site this weekend.That was a wondeful surprise, so now maybe the same thing can happen if we request a lemon.

Stardust, I have tried the candle surgery (lol), but I wasn't very successful, and that was with brand new candles that I scooped out to melt. I guess that is why I am on the buying end instead of selling. I have great respect for the vendors who work so hard to come up with a precise formula that works, and then try to please everyone. That must be so hard!

[smilie=th_8d1933ff]

Guest stardustgirl
I have also been on a hunt for a pure and strong peppermint, and I made a request on Candle Haven, and she put it up on her site this weekend.

You'll have to let us know how that comes out! I've been looking for a very strong peppermint too (that was one I ordered from Candle-Licious, and am planning on getting from Shortie's too). A friend in the UK and I are basicially seeking the candle version of an Altoids: curiously strong peppermint.

I have great respect for the vendors who work so hard to come up with a precise formula that works, and then try to please everyone. That must be so hard!

I think so! I've been trying to read up on making candles just so I'll recognize what might be great for me as a buyer (vs. something that might be great for another person but that I'd find lame).

I tried the peppermint and the white chocolate mint from Shorties in their soy melt package, and to me, I could smell a stronger peppermint in the white chocolate mint. They both smell wonderful cold! Unfortunately, the medium throw of the white chocolate only lasted about an hour.

I also am looking for a peppermint that I desribe to vendors as having the scent of an altoid! Small world! [smilie=th_1286B215]

I think Carol's Lemon Sugar is awesome! It smells like lemonade. I read that someone said that they got little throw from this but it's always been a big thrower for me. This was actually the first lemon scent that I ever liked. Now, I'm a lemon addict. She also has a lemon chiffon which isn't cakey...sort of like lemon and vanilla mixed together.

I think Carol's Lemon Sugar is awesome! It smells like lemonade. I read that someone said that they got little throw from this but it's always been a big thrower for me. This was actually the first lemon scent that I ever liked. Now, I'm a lemon addict. She also has a lemon chiffon which isn't cakey...sort of like lemon and vanilla mixed together.

Carol's lemon sugar was the first tart of hers that I tried, and like stardust mentioned about peppermint, I found Carol's lemon sugar rather lame, but for someone else, it might be great. I'm glad it works for you!

I know that is why it is so difficult for us to buy a tart based on someone else's opinion. We all have different tastes, and of course it depends on so many factors in our homes as to what kind of throw we get. It really makes this fun though, and samplers really help me. I just wish we could get plenty of samplers without having to place an order.

Maybe when Cynthia gets the swap going, we will have a chance to do that!

[smilie=th_happy096]

Guest stardustgirl

Heart2Heart - I may have found The One True Lemon. I placed an order with Candles By Victoria for a number of lemon scents, and as soon as Lovin' Lemon melted my nose went "THAT'S IT!!!"

I immediately started angsting over the fact that when this tart was done, that was it. It was the only one. I immediately re-ordered this in the candle, the oil, and a jar of melting chips (I'd tried it via a scent shot).

I got 5 hours out of it with a tealight burner in a room that's roughly 250 sq ft.

Carol has a brand new lemon scent - English Lemon Curd. OMG, this is my new favorite lemon scent. It's very tart yet at the same time has this lovely sweetness to it. It smells like lemonade. It's even better than her Lemon Sugar and that one is one of my all time favorite pure lemon scents.

Guest Anonymous

I am a lemonaholic..

I prefer my lemons to be true and tart not so much the bakery types although I enjoy those as well.

Bella>London Lemon Curd very tart strong & lasting. I get her brittle in this.

Cheryl>Lemon tart, sweet lemon sugar

Tx Scentasations>Lemon sugar

CYS has some very tart citrusy scents as well!

I have others too but these come to mind for now.