We are so excited to bring you this new, exclusive Candlefind feature…Strolling The Scent List! Today we are going to share several of our Candle Escape reviews with you. What’s it all about? Well, we’re glad you asked!
We get a little bit obsessive about our candle and wax melt loves, and it shows. When we run across a company we adore, we want to know about every single scent they have to offer. As we stroll on down the scent list (alphabetically, if at all possible!), we test products out and satisfy our curiousity. We decided it was high time we take you on this journey with us and with no better start than our newfound love – Candle Escape!
There is a decent sized scent list here, so these Candle Escape reviews will be broken up into a 3 or 4 part series. For this first feature, we did get out of alphabetical order, but we’ll catch up on other scents later in the series. Here…we…go!
Important Notes About Candle Escape:
- The products are all soy. They typically have the off-white coloring, but you can choose to have some color added to the candles.
- The wax melts are offered as clamshells and 2oz tart cups (in packs of four). We chose clamshells for this particular post, and they are currently selling for $4.99 each.
- The wax melts are soft and crumble a bit. They melt very easily on any type of warmer. I had the best luck with a 24W hot plate melter. I mostly poured out the wax while hot, but it was also easy to remove after cooling and popping into the freezer.
- They have several candle style options, some of which can come with a wooden lid if you so choose. We chose the 12oz status jar candles for this post, which are currently selling for $14.99 each.
Table of Contents
Apples & Maple Bourbon (4.5/5)
Top: Apple, Cinnamon, Orange; Middle: Bourbon, Butter, Coconut; Base: Maple, Vanilla
We tried this scent in their wax melts and boy – was it good! Deep rich bourbon scent and just enough of the fresh, crisp green apple. I didn’t get much in the way of cinnamon, coconut, or orange. This one was fairly strong. Would definitely repurchase.
Baby Powder (3.5/5)
No scent description available
We tested this in wax melt form. The scent smelled just like fresh baby powder. It had a little bit of musk notes. It was a softer scent, but still pretty good. Probably wouldn’t repurchase, but not because it was bad. It’s just a straight baby powder scent and not really like the scents I normally use.
Balsam Fir (4.5/5)
Top: Green; Middle: Pine; Bottom: Musk,Woody
Another wax melt, this was definitely a fresh, woodsy scent. It reminded me of fresh fir needles. It was crisp and clean. I loved it! Fairly strong and long lasting. Would repurchase.
Bamboo & Coconut (5/5)
Top: Ozone, Green Floral; Middle: Coconut, Pineapple, Green Leaves; Bottom: Wood,Vanilla Powder
Cheating a little here because I already reviewed this candle in their 16oz apothecary style jar. Loved, loved, loved this fresh, clean scent with hints of sweet coconut and some green notes added in the mix. It is moderately strong and throws well. Would definitely repurchase.
Banana Nut Bread (4/5)
Top: Banana, Walnut, Lemon Peel; Middle: Nutmeg, Sugar; Bottom: Tonka Bean, Butter, Vanilla
This scent was tried in a 12oz status candle jar with a tint of light yellow. It smelled scrumptious! A delicious banana nut bread scent that was not too heavy on the bananas, which I don’t like. The nut bread was a spicy goodness and this candle scent was moderately strong. I would repurchase.
Top: Lemon, Apple, Ozone; Middle: Jasmine, Cotton Blossom; Base: Cedar, Ozone, Violet
This is another 16oz candle I have already reviewed and it was fantabulous! Fresh, crisp, and clean – I loved it! I got a lot of ozone and floral-citrus notes. Definite repurchase and a favorite.
Pumpkin Pie (5/5)
Top: Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg; Middle: Pumpkin, Clove; Base: Vanilla, Pie Crust
We tried this scent in a 12oz status jar in light yellow. Loved, loved, loved this pumpkin pie scent! It was not too pumpkin-y; it was rich and without being too heavy and the crust notes were easy to pick out. The scent was slightly spicy but not too much. It was just right to me. Great scent strength and throw. I would repurchase.
Sugar Cookie (4/5)
Top – sugar; Middle – bakery, dough, butter; Bottom – vanilla
This was a 12oz status jar candle tinted in light blue. This scent smelled so scrumptious! It was like a cakey sugar cookie…sweet, chewy, and buttery. I would have liked it to be a tad bit stronger, but it was really good. Definite repurchase.
We’ll be back in a couple of weeks with Part 2 of our Candle Escape reviews, so stay tuned!
About Strolling The Scent List
Strolling The Scent List is a Candlefind exclusive feature where we test out every single scent a company has to offer and report back to you. We give you scent descriptions (when available), our brief thoughts, and whether or not we would repurchase a particular scent. We also give an overall rating for each scent. A few STSL “rules”:
- We try to test scents out using different types of products. We will note which type of product we were testing when formulating our opinion
- All information about products, scents, and prices were accurate at the time of the posting. If choosing to shop based on our list, be sure to verify the current offerings and pricing structure with the company itself.
- Ratings are provided as an overall score out of 5. This includes our overall thoughts on the scent strength, throw, authenticity, and product performance. The ratings are not strength ratings.
- Ratings are based on our thoughts of the particular company only, not in comparison with other brands. In other words, ratings can only be compared within that brand.
- Instead of one massive post, we will break up the reviews into a 3 to 4 part series for each company we stroll.
Interested in a scent list stroll for your company? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org