The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Feast of Fragrances

Good Morning...

Best things in life are FREE....did everyone enjoy their extra hour of sleep?

I often go in Hobby Lobby and just roam around and most times don't buy a single thing!

Melting Bubbling Butter Brew from The Bathing Garden

Have a GREAT day

Good Morning! [smilie=th_316785e4]

Best things in life are FREE....did everyone enjoy their extra hour of sleep?

Melting Bubbling Butter Brew from The Bathing Garden

[smilie=th_yeahthat] I sure did! Now I just have to figure out how to change the clocks...some of them are mighty confusin'! ;)

How are you liking the Bathing Garden? Mine need some cure time...so I'm a waitin' [smilie=th_anyminute] ...I'm not very good at that!

Last night's melts were:

Front Porch Pumpkin Cookies and SH Vanilla Bean Cookies

This morning's melts:

Front Porch Blueberry Cookies..felt like smellin' blueberries today!

Good morning! It's another "gee it looks really nice until you open the door, then BRRRR!" day. The leaves are really tumbling off the trees today.

I'm melting Spotted Hog's Anginette's Butter Cookies and I cannot rave enough about it. It smells SO divine and the throw is really good. Most cookie scents tend to be light (like vanillas, and most white cake scents) so I wasn't expecting a lot of power out of this, but woah!! I don't have to get near it to smell it, and that's unusual for a potentially-light scent. Not to mention the yum factor. I bet those cookies taste good.

I used the 40% off coupon

Puppy - where do U get the 40% off coupons? Do they have a newsletter or do you get it on their website...? [smilie=th_confused3]

I'm melting Spotted Hog's Anginette's Butter Cookies and I cannot rave enough about it.

Stardust - I agree, that scent is droolworthy! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] I still have my empty tart cup and huff it occasionally :tongue: (*need* more! [smilie=yes] )

I'm melting Sugar & Spice's Sugar Cookie Dough Bread from a CF friend. [smilie=thank_you] The cold sniff was heavenly, so I've been saving it, [smilie=th_butbutbut] today was the day [smilie=th_cha40] & it doesn't disappoint. It's excellent when melting, too! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Sweet--you get the Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon by going to the Hobby Lobby website--click "in store ad" and then you will see it. They post a new one every Sunday. Usually it is good on any regularly priced item but occasionally it will be for some other category. Also just about every other week all candles are on sale 50% off--not always, but usually that is how it works. Hope this helps. Nancy

Stardust, that's a perfect description of many days around here. Once you open that door, your whole perspective changes! [smilie=th_smiley_doorpeek]

Sweet, they do have a newsletter, but you can also just go to hobbylobby.com. Then scroll down towards the bottom, where you'll see four white squares on a blue background. The square on the left is "Online Shopping." Click that square. At the top of the next page you'll see an orange banner that says, "40% off one item. Click here to add code to your cart." It'll automatically give you 40% off the highest priced item in your cart.

Still with me? Now, if you want the actual coupon to print out and take to the store, go to the home page at hobbylobby.com. Just above the four white squares on a blue background you'll see a little white-on-black rectangle that says "See Today's In Store Ad." Click that and it'll take you to a page where you can see and print this week's coupon. Happy shopping!

I'm melting Tara's Hillbilly Homebrew. I've had this scent from several other vendors and I like it a lot, but Tara's is THE BEST OF THE BUNCH! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Gail

ETA: Trep, you got right to the point, and much faster than I did. Miss Hobby Lobby expert, you! :D

we just got a hobby lobby here in CA by us.

we are burning

indian summer cc

apple pie yc

vanilla crack lol

apple spice time again

Finished off a jar of red apple wreath from Yankee last night.

Current melts are

banana choc chip bread lsc(don't see it on her site)

apple cider cccc

kettle corn bhg

cider doughnuts & coffee ss

Also just about every other week all candles are on sale 50% off--not always, but usually that is how it works.

Trep & Puppy - I found the coupon - TY! [smilie=th_clap1] The 50% off candles includes the melts - right?

My earlier SCDB still had plenty 'o smell [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] , so I poured it back in the cup to melt again later. I've changed to Scentsy's Autumn Sunset. In hindsight, I probably should have waited for sunset to melt this one. [smilie=th_foolish1] [smilie=th_sign0164]

The 50% off candles includes the melts - right?

I'm not sure, Sweet, but my guess would be no. There are several categories under "Candles" and to me, it looks like only the Fashion Candles are on sale. The melts are listed under a different tab, Home Fragrance. [smilie=th_scratch] [smilie=th_idontknow]

Gail

I am melting a YC tart in Drift Away in my BR. It reminds me of Holiday Sleigh Ride. From BHG.

Downstairs I have a BHG new scent in Spiced Sugar Plum. I don't get much spice for it but the plum is great- nice strong throw too.

In the store, if the candles are on sale you just check the signs they have up. Sometimes the melts are included and the votives, etc. and other times they are not. Also, sometimes the holiday and special candles are the ones on sale. However, as I said earlier, the main candles they sell all the time are almost always on sale at least twice a month. Sometimes the candle lamps are half off, also--they were about 2 weeks ago but usually they are not. You just look at the signs in the store and the tabs on the online site.

For this afternoon it is BH&G Ginger Spice Cake in the melter. Starting to smell great in here.

Good Morning! [smilie=th_316785e4]

[smilie=th_yeahthat] I sure did! Now I just have to figure out how to change the clocks...some of them are mighty confusin'! ;)

How are you liking the Bathing Garden? Mine need some cure time...so I'm a waitin' [smilie=th_anyminute] ...I'm not very good at that!

I didn't know they needed cure time. Bubbling Butter Brew is a really good scent...like butterscotch. Cold sniff was strong, so I put it in one of my Lang lower wattage melters and it smelled great...just right - not too strong. I received a freebie clam in my order scented in Pistachio Almond Pudding and whoa nelly! Cold sniff is so strong, I can't imagine how strong it will smell once melted!!!! Other scents I got were Pumpkin Pie Spice, Snowman Balls (hehe!), Poison Apothecary and Sleigh Ride.

Just lit a candle for this afternoon...YC Grapevine & Oak. May start another melter in a bit.

I didn't know they needed cure time. Bubbling Butter Brew is a really good scent...like butterscotch. Cold sniff was strong, so I put it in one of my Lang lower wattage melters and it smelled great...just right - not too strong. I received a freebie clam in my order scented in Pistachio Almond Pudding and whoa nelly! Cold sniff is so strong, I can't imagine how strong it will smell once melted!!!! Other scents I got were Pumpkin Pie Spice, Snowman Balls (hehe!), Poison Apothecary and Sleigh Ride.

[smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] I don't know if she recommends cure time, but I noticed that when I melted a clam as soon as I got it, it wasn't that strong. When I waited a week or two...big difference! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] I was thinking about getting the SB ( [smilie=th_biggestgrin] ) but chose something else at the last minute, please let me know what you think when you get to melting it!

Tonight it's

The Bathing Garden Pumpkin Zucchini Patch... [smilie=th_c2e41937] terrific!

came home from church and we changed the mix up a bit.

came home from church and we changed it up a bit now.

we are burning

indian summer cc

pumpkin buttercream yc

vanilla crack lol

melting the following melts:(since being on lock down my tart stash is going down quite a bit.I am a little hesistant to keep melting like this because I am afraid I will get down to no tarts and still not have a job.

spliters n rags bb(first time melting something that is going to run us out of the house.Its not bakery and I am trying to tolerate and simi enjoy it)

apple pumpkin butter by ss

pumpkin applesauce gingerbread by old cys

Melting Lasting Scent - Toasted Marshmallow

Burning Pure Integrity - Pumpkin Spice. This scent reminds me of Slatkin's Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin...very good. I like it as much as their Pumpkin Pie.

Still on the HL bandwagon here...do they have "brand name" candles in the store? Our craft stores just have housebrand candles that are usually not worth buying.

Today has been Tara's - Toasted Marshmallow

I'm finishing the day with florals: burning YC Lilac Blossoms (bulbous 9 oz jar, somewhat close to done) and melting SH Iris & Fern. I just can't take all the pumpkin/spice -- anybody else's nose need variety? It's not that I don't like fall scents, I actually love them. But too much is overkill. Maybe I should start mixing in the Christmas scents soon!

Debra--Hobby Lobby carries Darsee & David candles and some others. I have had a few of them and they were good. My main objection is that except for holiday candles they have the same scents all the time and not that many of them.

Starting this very rainy (yeah, we need it) day off with BH&G Blueberry Muffin--yum!