The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Fall-ing in Love With September's Scents

We had loads company this weekend but it was lots of fun.

Melting LSC Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows-Fantastic. I got so many compliments on this one. In the bedroom it is CFTKR Rose Garden.

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

Thanks Gail...I'm hoping too! :)

Michele...glad your weekend went well!!

Changing up the scents now...

Maui Sunrise from OMG...don't see the description listed but it smells beautiful!

Strawbery Honeydew from Oh Soy Sweet

Waiting for the rain to arrive...school starts tomorrow for the kids...with the schedule they've been on all summer, they are gonna be tired [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep] !

We sure could use some rain here. Our yard is so dry that there are huge cracks in it. I need to transplant things but can't dig without watering first - bleah!

Stardust - [smilie=th_1_bigone110] I had no idea you were so dry, too. I figured that was all in the south and west. You've had a pretty big garden to keep watered then, huh?

I bought one of the mini's in Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut, too. It smells just like a Krispy Kreme store!

Mpfand - Yep, it sure does! And none of the calories! [smilie=th_ecd36868]

school starts tomorrow for the kids

MaggieMae - are your kids excited....or sad? [smilie=th_sad2hz1] When does your school start back?

I'm melting YC's Autumn Wreath. Luv this...smells so much like fall to me. :wub: It stayed cool all day and I even had to put a light sweater on! [smilie=th_excited-1]

MaggieMae - are your kids excited....or sad? [smilie=th_sad2hz1] When does your school start back?

They are not too happy that summer is ending...they are good students but the workload for them is ASTRONOMICAL!!! I am supposed to start the end of the week but I am needing a little surgery on Friday so I will start next week sometime. Nothing big...just the end to the abdomen issues I have been having since July. :(

I'm melting YC's Autumn Wreath. Luv this...smells so much like fall to me. :wub: It stayed cool all day and I even had to put a light sweater on! [smilie=th_excited-1]

I am soooooo jealous of your sweater! [smilie=th_LOVE] I can not wait until the cooler temps come around!!!

The Maui Sunrise is so nice...I'm gonna have to write to Lisa to find out what's in it! :)

Recent melts:

LSC - Sugar Corn Pudding, Be Dazzled, Pink Hyacinth

Tempting Tart - Sugared Sweet Pea

Candles Scent from Heaven - Vermont Maple Syrup

Burning:

YC - Honeydew Melon

Best to you, MaggieMae, on your upcoming procedure. I hope it brings you the relief you seek.

And I know exactly what you mean about student workloads being just incredible! I don't remember academics being that serious and time-consuming when I was in school. And now even activities like band or cheerleading are super serious and require umbelievable amounts of dedication, money, and training!

I just got off work (well, it is Labor Day, after all!) but before I went in I burned CBV Country Fair Funnel Cake. I didn't get a funnel cake when we went to the Colorado State Fair yesterday because they were so ridiculously expensive. So I guess this was the next best indulgence!

Hope all of you had a great holiday weekend and good weather!

MaggieMae best of luck to you friday.

I am very impressed with shayz my apple strudel is still going strong i am also melting gummy bears from Uniquely U Fragrances which also smells good.

I am supposed to start the end of the week but I am needing a little surgery on Friday so I will start next week sometime. Nothing big...just the end to the abdomen issues I have been having since July. :(

I am soooooo jealous of your sweater! [smilie=th_LOVE] I can not wait until the cooler temps come around!!!

MaggieMae - Awww...I didn't know U still weren't feeling well, sorry to hear that. You'll be in my prayers to feel better and get a good report. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

I think you get our weather about a day later....so, you'll be getting it soon! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Happy Labor Day (what's left of it!)

It rains, it pours - the weather has finally broke here.

Last night it was lightening so bright, it was unreal - I can't believe we didn't lose power.

BUT

it really did upset my dogs, and when I got up this morning, there were 2 nice sized piles of throw-up. yuk

As I was looking at that, and shuffling towards the coffee pot this morning, I hear drip! drip! yep, roof leaking. Right on my computer! oh nooooooo

Luckily it is no worse for the wear.

So DH sealed the leak (hopefully, I guess time will tell)

and the dryer guy will be out on Wednesday.

DS's room came out nice. Some of the furniture (we repainted it too) is still drying, but it's all looking really good.

I didn't really do much melting, the Whispering Winds from CBV lasted a good long time, and I finally changed it out for Island Fresh Gain from LSC.

At least it smells like clean laundry here, even if we're not washing any!

LOL

Have a good nite, all!

Hiya candle friends! I had a super busy weekend between work and a lonnnnng day/night on Saturday due to a friend's wedding. Between the ceremony, the break before the reception, and the reception, it was a 12 hour day - good LORD! :lol:

Recent burnings: LOL Pineapple Cilantro, Shayz Totally Pink, Soy Breeze Pink Sugar, CFTKR Lily of the Valley, Cheryl's Witches Brew, and Universal Voodoo Big Bad Apple. All were great!

Tonite's melties:

CFTKR Eucalyptus Spearmint in the living room - wanted something fresh and clean, and ES always fits the bill no matter the vendor - love it!

Orchid Lake Patchouli in the bathroom - great throw!

LOL Endless Summer Nights in the bedroom - smells nice - I love when freebies are winners!

Hope you all had a great holiday weekend, and good luck with your surgery, Maggie! :)

Hugs for you, Maggie!

Gosh, school starts tomorrow and it has been so cold all summer - wouldn't you know that it is supposed to reach almost 100 degrees finally this week?

Christy - has your new kitty settled in? Mine just learned how to get under the covers and I am not sure that is a good thing. Those needle claws are sharp! :o

I melted Pineapple Cilantro from YC - no scent! Then I went with the BH&G version - much better.

Time to get off the computer again so I don't look at the sale links...

Maggie--good luck with your surgery and hope you will soon be feeling tip top.

Laurie--I imagine you are ready for some drier weather--I like rain but not storms and definitely NOT leaks!

Starting my day out with Yankee Hometown Days and Clean Cotton--need to finish these jars up.

Another lovely weather day is in store for us here. After all this heat we are loving it.

Good Morning! Getting all ready to send the boys off to schoolbf-schoolsmiley.gif...DS#1 is in 7th grade and DS#2 is in 3rd grade. How time flies! They only have a half day today.

Melting Carol's Stuffed French Toast...lots of nutmeg in this one...love it.

Aria...that Days of Olde sounds so perfect...can't wait to try it myself!!! ;) (Thanks about the power outage!)

I have to say I am really liking my Nellie's Acres! They are the first and only palm wax tarts that I am having GREAT results with! Usually palm does NOTHING for me...The candle is soy and it throws nicely but not super strong. Sadly, my God's Country candle is not throwing all that great and the wicks are driving me crazy with soot and smoke. I was hoping I'd love 'em! [smilie=th_sad-1]

Maggie, thanks for the info! I want to try Nellies Acres soon...any scent recommendations? That's a bummer about your other candle...soot and smoke drives me nuts.

Okay, I'll be back later on...have a great day everyone.

Good morning its starting out cool will heat up into the 90's

Starting my day off with pink sugar and pink cream from sarah's

and Mama's Mint Sugar Cookies from tomslighthouse.

Have a great day all.

[smilie=thank_you] Thank you so much for all your kindness!!! [smilie=group_hug] I'm sure I'll be melting and posting as soon as I'm home!!! LOL

I want to try Nellies Acres soon...any scent recommendations?

Aria...I love her: Autumn Wreath, Gypsy Witch, Charleston Home, Toffee Apple Crunch, Hot Apple Pie, Pumpkin Crunch, All Spice & Pumpkin Creme Brulee. There was only 1 scent that made me [smilie=th_puke] but she doesn't sell it anymore.

;)

Well, the kids are off to school and as soon as the eldest DD leaves for work I've got cleaning to do... [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare] and lots of MOPPING!!

Melting:

Banana Split Cheesecake from OMG

Sugar Cookie Cake from Tara's

Ice Cream Scoop Bread from WAHM

Have a good one! :)

MaggieMae, I hope everything goes well for you and you'll be feeling better soon. :)

This morning's scents are TCC Candy Corned Zucchini Bread and Strawberry Zucchini Bread.

Good Morning!!

Maggie-Hope all goes well for you and hope you will be feeling like your old self!

Burning YC Apple Pumpkin. I am not smelling this too much right now. Maybe it is just my allergies acting up. IDK.

I had a very busy weekend. Lots of company so today I will be doing lots of laundry and cleaning. I feel like every towel I owned got used. DD went back to college this morning. DS made a rare appearance all weekend. He works a lot so we don't get to see him very often. Even the eldest DD was here with her friends. I hate to see summer end.

Have a great day everyone!!

Maggie, all the best with your procedure and recovery, my friend. I'm sending thoughts and prayers that everything goes quickly and smoothly for you! [smilie=th_empathy]

Michele, what a lovely family centered weekend you must have had. It's always hard when everyone disperses back to their regular lives though. :huh:

I'm melting CCCC Vanilla Devotion. If you try this one, you'll be devoted too! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Gail

Currently melting:

Kitchen - Scooped-out wax from a jar candle that I bought at Michael's craft store, scent is called "Autumn Harvest". The scent is apples, oranges, and pipe tobacco, and it smells lovely in the jar. It won't burn properly, and tunnels like mad. Nothing has helped - foil, illumalids, etc. I scooped the wax out and melted it in my 24w warmer, and it has no throw. I'm about to throw it out. I have hate in my heart for this candle. Seriously. [smilie=th_pullhair]

Living room - Mystery vendor, scent is called "Apple Spice Cake". Pretty nice scent, heavy on the cinnamon. No real bakery notes, just cinnamon and apples. Fairly strong throw initially, but it is on its second day. I'm about to swap it out for CFTKR "Cinna-Bons".

Bedroom - Kim's Tart Candles, "Lemon Sugar". This one is also on its second day, and I'm getting a "Froot Loop" scent out of it. The last time that I melted it I smelled more of a lemon Pledge scent. Weird.

Have a fantastic afternoon everyone! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Burning my new find -BHG- kettle corn large jar. The perfect fall scent! Smells like sweet/salty popcorn balls in here.

Thanks Lovescent, Michele and Gail! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Lovescent~ How is that Candy Corned Zucchini Bread? [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] It sounds so yummy!

Jedda~ That Autumn Harvest sounds like a beautiful scent...sorry that it's not working for you! Too bad none of the old standby tricks worked! [smilie=th_hmph]

I tried French Quarter from CBV upstairs...oh dear...not for me! While it sounds just like something I'd love from reading the description, it didn't work with my nose while melting....it smelled like baby powder which it doesn't even have in it! [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] Changed it to Twilight Garden from Soy Breeze.

I just got home from work. My poor aching feet...

I have just started in my living room, Shayz's Vanilla Berry Cobbler..I just LOVE this scent..

In my kitchen, I have started, Cinnamon & Spice by Better Homes and Garden..A good strong scent..

In my bedroom, I have started, Haley's, Pink Noel. I believe this has to be my very favorite scent...Love this one...Haley's is the best I have tried in this scent..

Hope everyone has a very nice evening enjoying your family..

[smilie=th_31]

In honor of DD's birthday today I'm melting Happy Birthday from Scentsy. How is possible that my baby is 14?