The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Fall-ing in Love With September's Scents

I'm melting Kim's 'Birthday Cake' in the living room, it's nice but not very strong. I've got BH&G 'Cinnamon Spice' melting in the kitchen, and it's insanely strong. Knockout cinnamon - I'm going to have to turn it off for a while.

Oh, and I'm melting my last of Haley's 'Apple Orchard' in the hall. Lovely!

Just came in from a nice walk...it has cooled down so much since yesterday and there is quite a nice breeze coming from the north. Our mini heatwave is over...thank goodness! [smilie=th_yahoo]

Ooo trep, I love both of those YC scents! I have the Grapevine & Oak and it's such a refreshing, woodsy scent.

Just lit a Slatkin jar ~ Apple Crumble ~ another awesome scent!

I've been doing a bunch of little things today...DH just took DS#2 for new hockey shin pads...he's outgrown the ones from last season. We do have another pair here from DS#1, but those are a little too big.

What is everyone doing tomorrow, Labor Day? DS#1 is in a parade in the morning. Then we're going to a picnic at a friends house and walking from their house to watch another parade. I just made strawberry pretzel jello to take [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Lovescent - There's no scent decription for that. What do U think of it? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

I looked for a description too and couldn't find it - I had wanted to double check the name. I wonder if it's new. Anyway, it's mostly a nice apple cider scent. If there's pumpkin, it was hard to pick out from the cider. But since I also had Pumpkin Spice Latte going, the pumpkins may have been cancelling each other out. I'll have to melt it again by itself to see if there's more than cider to it.

This afternoon, I'm melting TCC Gingerbread, TCC Caramel Apple Zucchini Bread and some Caramel Apple scent in the bathroom that I can't remember the name of.

Christy, thank you! We sisters were able to get together here and have our slumber party. Boy, we had a grand time, staying up until 3:30 this morning. Now I'm half dead. So worth it though!

Sweet, thanks, that's a great idea to contact McCall's. Thanks! I'll do that just as soon as I'm coherent again. :rolleyes:

Ilove, the fire is under control and now with the cloudy skies, lack of wind, and moist air, things should go well, thank you. Yes, unfortunately, two houses burned down and some animals lost their lives.

I've been melting CCCC Watermelon Smoothie. It's so good my sisters nearly swooned.

Hope you're all having a terrific weekend.

Gail

Well, the weather is still kinda crappy, but the inside projects is humming along.

Between the paint smell, the new carpet smell, and some bleach cleaner smell, we needed a strong tarts so

Whispering Winds by CBV got the job, and it is awesome!

I really love that one.

[smilie=th_LOVE]

Hope all are enjoying their weekend!

The weather is starting to get bad here too. Expecting about 5 inches of rain tonight..

[smilie=th_dancing_smile]

I am melting Crosscreek, Strawberry Jam. I just LOVE this scent..

In another room I am melting, Haley's, Pink Noel. This is the very best I have tried of this scent.. [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Well, lost power again for 6 hours today...what's going on around here? It feels like Groundhog Day! [smilie=th_shocked_sick_big]

Gail, that is so sad to hear...but I am glad the fire is under control now. That's [smilie=th_blij81] Glad you had fun with your sisters..now you gotta go recoup! LOL [smilie=th_offtobed]

Laurie, I hope your weather starts looking up for you too! I am sorry it played havoc with all of your plans. Hope next weekend it perfect for your party! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Funnybone, I hope you don't get too much rain either...5 inches? YUCK!

Aria, enjoy your day tomorrow...a picnic sounds like fun! :)

Tonight it's...

Melting:

Very Pink Vanilla from Shady Mountain upstairs.

Berry Banana Zucchini Bread from WAHM downstairs.

Burning:

Beautiful Day from YC

Jamaica Me Crazy from Keystone

Autumn Wreath from Nellie's Acres

Hope from God's Country Candle

Lavender Vanilla from YC

I just got a bunch of the mini Slatkin Bake Shops - like Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut, Lavendar Macaroon - and usually I am not big on bake scents, but I am just giddy about these scents!

Laurie and Gail - I hope Mother Nature cooperates in your area.

Tonight I have YC Ocean Water melting and an old LOL called Vanilla Fields.

Burning candles this evening...

Scentsible Scents votive...Days of Olde...I have to say that I absolutely LOVE this scent...it is super strong for a votive too. The scent is allspice and anise and it's a bit smokey too. It is perfect for cooler weather and fall!

Swan Creek...Caramel Apple...so yummy and perfect balance of both scents.

Maggie, sorry to hear you lost power again...that is never fun. Loving all of your scent selections...how's Nellies Acres? Have always wanted to try some tarts or candles from there. God's Country is a new name to me.

Gail, glad you enjoyed your little slumber party. Wish my sister's would do that, but they are fuddy duddies....sigh...oh well. They don't like coming here because I live in the country and it's "too far away"...it's an hour drive MAX.

debra, those Slatkins sound great...haven't tried any of those yet...Lavender Macaroon sounds good even though it's an odd combo!

Okay, I am off to bed....bedbug.gif

apple.png Super fall-like day in store for us today too trep!

Melting Carol's Apple Spice Cake and getting ready for the day.

Have a great day everyone!

MaggieMae - geeze...hope U don't get any more power outtages. Six hours is a long time. :blink: What did they say caused this one?

Trep - Seems we get your weather a day after U, so I'm glad to hear you're feeling fall! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

I'm burning Slatkins Sugared Cinnamon Donuts. Mmmmmm....good! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] No problems with the 3 wicks on this either. :thyay:

Enjoy your Labor Day everyone! [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

Scentsible Scents votive...Days of Olde...I have to say that I absolutely LOVE this scent...it is super strong for a votive too. The scent is allspice and anise and it's a bit smokey too. It is perfect for cooler weather and fall!

Maggie, sorry to hear you lost power again...that is never fun. Loving all of your scent selections...how's Nellies Acres? Have always wanted to try some tarts or candles from there. God's Country is a new name to me.

Aria...that Days of Olde sounds so perfect...can't wait to try it myself!!! ;) (Thanks about the power outage!)

I have to say I am really liking my Nellie's Acres! They are the first and only palm wax tarts that I am having GREAT results with! Usually palm does NOTHING for me...The candle is soy and it throws nicely but not super strong. Sadly, my God's Country candle is not throwing all that great and the wicks are driving me crazy with soot and smoke. I was hoping I'd love 'em! [smilie=th_sad-1]

MaggieMae - geeze...hope U don't get any more power outtages. Six hours is a long time. :blink: What did they say caused this one?

Thanks Sweet! They didn't say why...but after awhile I drove around and one of the traffic lights on the highway was off as well, so maybe it had something to do with that?

[smilie=th_pardon]

Well, today it's:

Blackberry Viennese Latte from CCCC

Wildberry Zinger Tea (CCCC)...from a CF friend! Thanks!

Have a good one! :)

Hey y'all...I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend.. DH has been off on a "piddle" vaca. since last Wednesday. Thank goodness he goes back to work tomorrow. This morning I am melting TDC- Rugged Cowboy. This is a great smellin' tart. I have a lot of luck with the scents from here. Also, melting LSC-Stone Wash Cotton and Lathers & Lights -Tunisian Breeze..(love this scent). I hope all is well with my candle buddies and I need to start checking in more often... Have a great Labor Day.

I hope all of you with wild weather are staying safe! We sure could use some rain here. Our yard is so dry that there are huge cracks in it. I need to transplant things but can't dig without watering first - bleah!

Almond Macaroon sounds delish!

It's definitely candle weather here today - cold, cold,cold and grey. I've got my CBV Tiffany-D candle lit. It's nearly gone but I've got her Pink Cupcake waiting in the wings. My LOL Key Lime Pie candle is going in the bathroom. I can smell it in the jar but when lit it's just not doing anything. I'm bummed about that. My LOL Caramel Apple tart is doing fine though.

Have a great day!

[smilie=th_Hello_] friends.

Maggie, Debra, and Aria, thanks re the fire. It's now 100% contained! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Maggie, I hope your power comes back on and stays on. Sheesh, what a pain!

Aria, that's a shame about your sisters. Maybe one day they'll change their minds, eh? My younger sister lives across the street from me, so we're very lucky. Our older sister is about an hour's drive away and we don't get to see her as often as we'd like.

I'm fully awake and ready for the day. Melting OMG Rompin' Raspberry. I just plopped it in and it has to compete with eggs, so there's no rompin' going on yet. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Gail

I just got a bunch of the mini Slatkin Bake Shops - like Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut, Lavendar Macaroon - and usually I am not big on bake scents, but I am just giddy about these scents!

I bought one of the mini's in Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut, too. It smells just like a Krispy Kreme store! I was so tempted by Lavender Macaroon. Cold sniff was good; I'll probably end up caving for that one and Sweet Madeline, too. :D

This morning I'm melting Hazelnut Latte from Scentsy. I never got around to melting anything yesterday. We went on a hike and then went to some friends' house for a bbq.