The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Fall-ing in Love With September's Scents

bf-surprisestarsmiley.gif Can't believe how hot it was here today. :shock: Tomorrow is more of the same. Yuck...August was such a gorgeous month here. The boys and I saw an enormous praying mantis today...I am guessing it was 6 inches long!

Sweet, I am with you...Where did fall go? [smilie=th_BringItOn]

I got a first time order from Ye Olde Candle Cubbard today. I am very pleased and impressed...p0rn to come. These tarts are adorable. Oh yeah and I have 3 words for you....Honey Spice Cake drool.gif drool.gif drool.gif 16a48049f4a58ce0ac004ee7f39b4f42.gif

Burning a few candles... [smilie=th_00000020]

Swan Creek votives ~ Caramel Apple and Snickerdoodle

YC jar ~ Grapevine & Oak

[smilie=th_congratulations] Stardust...great thread title!

Okay, gonna finish reading my book...have a great night everyone! nighty.gif

An hour and a half ago, I lit my very first McCall's candle, Spooner Farms. The scent description says raspberry, other fruits, and citrus. I smell nothing at all. [smilie=th_Cry]

Grief Stricken Gail (am I just a wee bit melodramatic? [smilie=th_5337c1ad] )

Starting this sultry Saturday out with Yankee Let Freedom Ring and Clean Cotton. This should be the last day of our excessive heat--highs only in the 70's for the entire next week are promised and those weather guys better deliver!!! I have seen enough 100+ temps to last me forever!! Have a great day everyone.

55657.gif Good Morning!

Trying out a melt from yesterdays' order...Strudel & Spice ~ Ye Olde Candle Cubbard. It's only partially melted and I am getting heavenly whiffs already...veddy nice!

trep, hope you guys cool down over there...we're having some hot weather too which is almost unheard of here in Michigan in September. I mean really hot, like in the 90's. Storms are predicted for this afternoon.

Gail, I am surprised you are getting nothing from that McCall's candle. scratchinhead.gif Personally, I have never tried that scent, but all of the other McCall's I've had have been awesome. Is it a large jar?

Have a great day everyone character0103.gif

This morning's scents are TCC Florida Sunrise in the livingroom and TCC 5000 Calories in the kitchen.

Aria, thanks for responding. It's a 10 oz. single wick. I wasn't expecting a ton of scent but I could barely smell anything and practically burned my nose. :o Ah well, it's quite pretty and is behaving perfectly so that's good. It'll be interesting to see what my other McCall's candles do.

There's a 1,000 acre brush fire blocking holiday traffic, although things look better this morning. My sisters and I have slumber party plans this weekend, so I hope she can make it through. If not, oh well, we'll do it another time.

What's everyone doing this weekend? Anything special or just relaxing and enjoying the holiday?

I'm melting LSC Berry Bliss, a fave. Oh happy day! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Gail

Happy weekend everyone! Gail, I hope your sisters make it, that sounds like a fun time.

I'm melting LSC Vanilla Frosted Grahams. I might be setting a record for tarts melted without buying more tarts. It's great for my stash and my bank account. Here's hoping I can continue this for a long time...not that I don't love buying wax, but it'll take a lot longer to start seeing the bottoms of drawers and such. It makes me realize how much I had accumulated when I can go for months on end without any end in sight!

This should be the last day of our excessive heat--highs only in the 70's for the entire next week are promised and those weather guys better deliver!!!

[smilie=th_yeahthat] I sure hope so Trep! I bet *lots* of meteorologists have gotten scowlful looks this summer! [smilie=grrr]

It's a 10 oz. single wick. I wasn't expecting a ton of scent but I could barely smell anything and practically burned my nose. :o Ah well, it's quite pretty and is behaving perfectly so that's good. It'll be interesting to see what my other McCall's candles do.

Puppy - how disappointing! [smilie=th_sad-1] I've gotten their 16 oz candles and button melts and have always gotten lovely scent from them. On sale or not, I think I'd at least let them know about your experience. I hope your other candles perform better 4 U.

I'm melting CFTKR's Stuffed French Toast this morning and it's delicious! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] This was a sample and is definitely larger bag worthy! Prediction for 95 degree temps here today, but figuring in the current 73 degree dewpoint, will make it feel over 100. Isn't that special.[smilie=th_roll]

Last day of the upper 90s here too (or so they say), which means I can get back to rock-moving tomorrow. In the meantime, I've been wax shopping, lol!

LSC Mandarin Ceylon Tea, Crosscreek Sun & Sand, and LSC Pumpkin Poundcake (To.Die.For) all going strong. I moved a Keylime Pie LOL candle to my bath since it wasn't doing anything in here. Maybe the smaller space will help.

Have a great day!

LSC Mandarin Ceylon Tea, Crosscreek Sun & Sand, and LSC Pumpkin Poundcake (To.Die.For) all going strong. I moved a Keylime Pie LOL candle to my bath since it wasn't doing anything in here. Maybe the smaller space will help.

Have a great day!

I melted LSC Pumpkin Poundcake the other day!! I agree-It was fantastic!!

Melting today CFTKR Lemon Sugar & Candied Violets in 2 melters. Very nice as usual.

This evening's scents are CFTKR Sweet Cider and Pumpkins, Pumpkin Spice Latte and Pink Sugared Vanilla Wafers.

I have a Swan Creek jar burning...Vanilla Pound Cake

Aria - I've heard raves about their VPC drizzle melts. Is the candle equally as good? [smilie=th_c032]

This evening's scents are CFTKR Sweet Cider and Pumpkins

Lovescent - There's no scent decription for that. What do U think of it? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

I'm melting Cozy Cottage's Toasted Marshmallow. I've been saving this forever, only had the one, but today was the day. [smilie=th_cha40] It's fantastic....one of the best TM's I've tried! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

I'm enjoying the very delicious aroma of Central Park Pralines from Scentsy this evening. I'm easing into bakery/fall scents even though it's still in the 100's here.

Aria, thanks for responding. It's a 10 oz. single wick. I wasn't expecting a ton of scent but I could barely smell anything and practically burned my nose. :o Ah well, it's quite pretty and is behaving perfectly so that's good. It'll be interesting to see what my other McCall's candles do.

There's a 1,000 acre brush fire blocking holiday traffic, although things look better this morning. My sisters and I have slumber party plans this weekend, so I hope she can make it through. If not, oh well, we'll do it another time.

What's everyone doing this weekend? Anything special or just relaxing and enjoying the holiday?

I'm melting LSC Berry Bliss, a fave. Oh happy day! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Gail

I saw that on the news just a few moments ago. Are any homes threatened?

Happy weekend everyone! Gail, I hope your sisters make it, that sounds like a fun time.

I'm melting LSC Vanilla Frosted Grahams. I might be setting a record for tarts melted without buying more tarts. It's great for my stash and my bank account. Here's hoping I can continue this for a long time...not that I don't love buying wax, but it'll take a lot longer to start seeing the bottoms of drawers and such. It makes me realize how much I had accumulated when I can go for months on end without any end in sight!

I'm on lockdown and was on lock down for a few months before this one. As soon as I came off it I went nuts I'll tell you. I could have been on lock down for atleast 6 mores months. Now,? I am steering clear of the labor day sales.I would love to be able to buy but I am sure there will be alot more holiday sales coming up too.

Im burning CBV log cabin. I noticed that even though this isn't soy the candle seems better now that it sat for a few months.

Also burning YC carrot cake and GCC witches brew.

Melting pumpkin marshmallow from scentsy again.

Ilove - I have been there - :wacko: the after lockdown buying frenzy...it ain't pretty, LOL!

Trep - I am happy for you and your cooling weather. We have had the 70's and now go to the high 90's this next week.

Sweet - can you tell what your Stuffed French Toast is stuffed with?

Today has been CYS - Apple Cranberry Bread and LSC - Blue Skies.

Been away all day but left the melters going...

Lemon Magnolia from Cozy Cottage upstairs

Orange Danish & Cappucino from WAHM downstairs... :)

Last melts for the night...Gypsy Witch from Nellie's Acres...great!

[smilie=th_goodnight]

Recent melts (all LSC) -

Banana Fosters, Sugared Blueberries, Blackberry Peach Pound Cake, Celtic Myst

Currently melting SSS - Creme Brulee

Good morning and happy Sunday all i am melting Butterscotch maple cream from better homes and it smells so good i am now craving monkey bread. have a super great day.

Rain, rain, go away . . . .

UGH

Tropical storm is dumping on us big time.

DH, who usually works 7 days, took his first 4 day weekend in FOREVER, and it is nastier than nasty out. Next weekend is DD's sweet 16 backyard pool party bash and we needed to get the yard in order - not gonna happen. grrrrrr

So we're doing an inside project, DS's room is getting a makeover, paint, carpet, the whole 9 yards.

An added bummer is our dryer broke yesterday. Of course with a washer full of wet clothes. Can't hang outside cause of the weather. And of course it's on a holiday weekend, and the repair man never called us back so I'm sure it will be till Tuesday that we hear from him.

:angry:

It rains, it pours.

Like I said - rain, rain go away!

lol

Yesterday I melted one of my prize winnings, which was a giant tart form Northern Lite Candles in Pineapple Orchid, wow, it was great!

The last of my Palm Island from Soy Vey (Grazia) is in my bathroom

Banana Kiwi from Cozy Cottage is in my room.

I hope all are enjoying their weekend!

Laurie--sorry the storm is ruining your weekend. We are getting some much needed rain and the wind has just now shifted to the north and we are getting some nice dry and cool air. It has been so hot here ever since Memorial Day that this is like a wonderful gift. I just now shut off the A/C and opened the windows. I am loving this fresh air.

I added Beach Sun to the mix so the house smells very fresh.

Sweet - can you tell what your Stuffed French Toast is stuffed with?

Debra - I don't smell the usual cream cheese FT stuffing, so, I have no idea! [smilie=th_pardon] Maybe it's 'stuffed' with cream? I just know it's goooood! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Laurie - I wondered if the TS was affecting you, sorry to hear it is. I hope it stops soon! [smilie=th_insane]

I'm melting CFTKR's Lemon Summer Cake. Yummmmmy! [smilie=th_LOVE]