The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Fall-ing in Love With September's Scents

Jedda, too bad we can't trade temps for a bit - since we only had about a week of summer, I am not ready for fall!

I have Twilight from Scentsy melting.

Looks like I am going to have to go on a road trip and hunt me down some of the BH&G Fall scents. [smilie=th_pardon]

Evening, everyone! Had a crazy busy few days and didn't melt much because I wasn't home. Went to the Red Sox game Tuesday night (so much fun!), got home late, worked yesterday afternoon, relaxed for a few hours, and went out to meet former co-workers at the restaurant we worked at about 15 years ago. Got home WAY late, a wrong number woke me up early this morning, couldn't get back to sleep, and worked tonite. I'm BEYOND exhausted and look forward to being lazy again - I'm too old for a social life :lol:

Somewhere in all of that I melted: Orchid Lake Dragon's Blood, Orchid Lake Warm Mahogany Spice, and Ecco Lights Mistletoe and Ivy.

Tonite's melts:

LOL Lilac & Linen in the living room - so great!

Soy Breeze Santa's Pipe in the bathroom

Shayz Pink Beanz in the bedroom

I was reading the weather posts, and you can firmly put me in the Winter Hate category - I may be the only one? :lol:

Hope you're all doing well, and have a GREAT Friday! :wub:

Good morning, Glories.

I've already got my Hello Dolly jar from Candles by Victoria lit. For melts, I put on Buttercream Raisin Bread from Pink Flower Scents, and Raspberry Zinger from CFTKR.

th_yay.gifth_yay.gifth_bb20.gifth_yay.gifth_yay.gif Too cheerful this early in the a.m.? th_giggle.gif

Happy Friday another cool morning i love it but i dread the freezing winters. After the summer we had today will be perfect in the 70's

today and 80's tomorrow.

Starting my day out melting buttercream iced cupcakes from front porch

Have a great friday all.

Recent melts:

LSC - Summer Melons

AMS - Sands of Morocco

SSS - Lavender Vanilla

BH&G - Country Kettle Corn

candles:

BH&G - Kettle Corn

LOL - Banana Carrot Cake

Currently burning MVP Lemon Pound Cake(Walmart)

Hi candle friends. I'm in love with this cool weather!! Recent melts of mine have included BG Fairy Garden (last one), LSC Hansel & Gretel, and Black Magic (unknown vendor).

[smilie=th_bb20]

So far this Friday morning, I have been melting CCCC Baton Rouge. It's the rest left from a previous melting session, and I'm not sure what I will put in next. But it will probably be something very Autumn-like, because these cooler temps are really getting me in the mood for heavier, spicier scents.

This is my favorite time of year, hands down, because the worst of summer heat is over, the fall foilage is gorgeous, and we aren't yet struggling with the freezing temperatures of winter. Plus, there is just so much excitement of the beginning of the school year with its football games, homecoming, etc., and so much to look forward to in the way of holidays all the way up to the Christmas season. I'm loving it!

picking_apples.gif Good Morning my waxy friends! It's a glorious fall like morning here...temp was 41 degrees when I took a nice, brisk walk this morning. LOVE it.

I wasn't able to post at all yesterday sign-smiley-7161.gif...but I did melt a yummy tart from Nellie's Acres - Allspice - this was a sample from a dear CF buddy. Loved the scent...very warm and cozy...reminded me a little of Celtic Moonspice. icon_thankyou.gif buddy!

This morning I have one tart already melting...Front Porch-Sugar Cookie Dough Bread...lovely scent! I am also getting ready to start up another melter in a bit.

Boy, you are good Aria! Your memory is "most excellent"...I can't even remember what I ate last night! LOL

Yes, I love the winter and there is nothing like a good snowstorm...I truly appreciate all the seasons and really NEED the change when it comes...

Can never forgot a snow buddy! hi5.gif ITA about the changing seasons...but I probably can't remember what I ate last night either!

Stella, that's a great choice. I love Crosscreek and Deana is a funny, darling person!

Aria, ya, I catch your drift but I can't really hearrrrrr you! Well now, what's with the winter gal hugs, eh? Gimme one too. Just because I love the heat doesn't mean I'm not huggable. You know I'm only ribbin' ya here, right? All in fun! I hope your painting project is going well.

Gail

First, ITA about Deana...love her! And now here is your hug girlfriend tha857f08c.gifand an extra tha857f08c.gif Painting went well and I am all done...spent a majority of the day yesterday putting the room back together. DS still has a bunch of things he put in a box to sort through...he still has some stuffed animals and other knick knack type things that I am not sure he wants anymore. I still need to get a couple of posters and frame them for the walls.

Can I ask a question here? I love reading this thread because I get good scent ideas from you more experienced melters. I am assuming these are all tarts yall are burning...so to those of you who burn different scents throughout day, are you pouring it hot back into something to use again later? Do you have mass amounts of burners? I have just started this, and I find a scent lasts me 2-3 days, even if it is on all day. So how do I change them out as quickly as you guys and still get my money's worth???

Hi there...I usually melt a tart until it loses it's scent. I rarely melt the same thing for 2 or 3 days. I like to change every day. Once the wax has cooled and hardened in the melter, I put the dish in the freezer for about 5 min. and then pop out the used wax and toss it in the trash. I am not talented enough to pour hot wax out without burning myself or making a huge mess, so the freezer method works well for me. You could save the wax I suppose. HTH.

No, No Jules! Never to cheerful in the morning....I am a morning person...so cheery works for me!!! Here's a 342344.gif for you too!

Okay, I need to get moving here...I feel like sort of a slug sitting around...

Oh yeah, one more thing...I was at wally world yesterday and they did not have the seasonal fall stuff out yet! tantrum.gif Most of all...NO FALL melters or tarts!!! In the area where they usually set up the seasonal displays was bunch of football related items...clothing, etc. I want to see the new fall melters! tantrum-1.gif

Okay, rant over thinnocent.gif ....on with our regularly scheduled scent of the day thread...

Okay, gals, I had to go back in my previous post and edit out a bunch of smilies...when I hit the "post" button, I got an error message saying I used more images than I was allowed...ohsnap1.gif

Good morning (or afternoon), buddies! [smilie=th_blij51] I'm enjoying a cup of Pumpkin Spice coffee from Green Mountain. It's still warm here, but the cooler weather is getting me in the mood for Fall! Count me in as a full-fledged member of the Winter Hater Club. For now I'm just going to enjoy the anticipation of autumn and pretend Old Man Winter died and went to his snowy reward in the sky. [smilie=th_sign0162]

Thanks for those heartwarming hugs, Aria! You and your posts are just TOO CUTE! [smilie=th_avatar_4219]

I'm melting FP Coconut Spell. Soooo goooood!

Gail

[smilie=th_hello]

Melting Apple Crisp,Banana Cream Pie from CFTKR

YC Oatmeal Cookie

Burning McCall's Country Store

Have a great afternoon everyone!

OMG Aria...I love your little apple picking emotie!!! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Went into work for a big 2 hours and I am pooped. How sad it that? I gotta build up some energy...it was SO WONDERFUL to see all my little students from last year...now that they are in the BIG 4 year old classes...I got lots of hugs!!! [smilie=group_hug] It was so nice!!!!

New melts for the afternoon...

Harvest Kitchen from CYS

Amish Cheesecake from OMG...eww [smilie=th_puke] sour!

Changed that one out for

LSC Pumpkin Marshmallw Grahams...yum.

Hi!

I had a fun day out. After dropping DD off at school I headed over to Bed Bath and Beyond to search for some Yankee goodies. I didn't find anything that I don't already have but I picked up some awesome fall color nail polishes for DD and me to play with.

I headed over to the mall and picked up some holiday candle sleeves (snowflake from last year, gingerbread kids, and a winter scene) and 3 new lip glosses from their Halloween line. Sniffed at Yankee but left empty handed. Bought DD a new outfit from Justice for her birthday next month. I made DH lunch since he's working from home and painted my nails. DD will be home in 90 minutes.

Tarts:

Witches' Brew

Trish's Pink Cake

Caramel Apple

Candles:

Apple Crumble

Biscotti

Early Sunrise

[smilie=th_bb20]

Yeah!

It's a beautiful, mild temperature here today, after blazing hot yesterday. I like the changes, but DH's sinuses do not.

Here's what's a-melting:

Clean Crisp Air from LOL. This is a great, fresh/laundry type scent, it was a little more "perfumy" than I expected (I think I was thinking it would be a little minty like mountain air) but I like it A LOT!

[smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Wild Thing from ScentSationals is in the kids' bathroom

Black Satin from Candle Dippers is in my bedroom

and I gave a try to a bakery scent (from the contest):

Vanilla Shake Cake (clamshell) from LOL

Now I'm not a bakery fan (and not swayed to the dark bake side yet. This one isn't *bad*, but it's just that they all seem to smell the same to me. This will probably sound crazy, BUT if anyone uses an electric mixer - they all smell like the air that comes out the back of one while it's running.

Looney Toons, I know.

[smilie=th_tease-1]

I'm about to find something "fruity" for DS's room (his request) - probably Bite Me.

I have had Baby Dragon from Can-Do going in his room all week, and he's too funny - when I asked him what kind of scent he wanted next, he said "I like it how it is, the new paint and carpet smell and all" - he did not realize it was a tart that was scenting it. LOL

His room is almost done, just needs a few tweeks and I need to get to JoAnns for some fabric for his window topper.

I hope everyone has a great start to the weekend!

[smilie=th_31]

[edit] I did bought something this morning that I've always thought about but never did - one of those cinnamon "brooms". WOWZA - it is competing with the tarts big time!

It smells AWESOME

Hi All-

Love reading what you all are melting.

Today's melts LSC Sugar Corn Pudding this morning.

Now I've got going-

Bella's Pumpkin Clusters

Bella's Gingerbread Pumpkin

CFTKR Gingerbread Pumpkin

Hey there all...

FP Sugar Cookie Dough Bread is just starting to fizzle out...what a yummy scent! Reorder! I have had a pot roast simmering on the stove all afternoon too...so it smells reeeeaaally yummy in here.

After we eat...pot roast, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls...it's off to hockey practice for DS#2. This is his second week back.

Okay then, have a great evening...not sure what I'll be melting later on...maybe just light a few candles....

I want to come eat dinner at your house we are just grabbing a pizza on our way to the atv races. Shutting off my melters here but stocked my camper with some yummy scents. As soon as we get set up i will be melting pumpkin butta from shayz. Have a wonderful weekend all.

[smilie=th_bb20]

I'm melting Scentsy's Sugar Cookie. Dunno [smilie=th_pardon] ... maybe it's cuz I've been used to my windows being open and right now they're closed, but this is some strong scent...in a good way! [smilie=th_thumbs20up] Speaking of scents....it was cold enuf for my furnace to come on this morning. :shock: Luv that scent, too. Probably dust burning off. :lol:

DH is home safe and sound. Hopefully he won't have to go out of town again for awhile. Just finished cleaning the master bath and am melting Bedtime Bath from LSC in there- hoping it eliminates the smell of bleach.

Speaking of scents....it was cold enuf for my furnace to come on this morning. :shock: Luv that scent, too. Probably dust burning off. :lol:

OMG I thought I was the only twisted one!

[smilie=th_thlaughter]

th_aa18.gif Leave it to scent junkies to notice the smell of mixer exhaust and the first furnace heat of the season. I know exactly what you both are talking about. th_ahaaha.gif

Aria, dinner sounds good.

Tonight I'm melting :

Nene's - Mama R's Zucchini Bread

Front Porch - Cranberry Bread

mmmm mmm.