The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Fall-ing in Love With September's Scents

DH left this morning on a (another) business trip. I hit the grocery store this morning and am home for a bit to relax and enjoy Butterscotch Maple Cream from Better Homes.

Maggie, [smilie=th_teks0311] re Hobbit. I'm not sure what he did or how. Maybe a pulled muscle or overstretched ligament. [smilie=th_confused3] He was really hurting but is coming along a bit better now. Thanks again for asking. And how are you feelin', girl?

I don't like bakery waxies. There's something in bakery scents that smell burnt or spoiled or off. Except for a teeny handful of some outstanding Can-Do bakery goodies, my nose hates that category. So what the heck, I have LOTS of time on my hands this week (and no DH to go [smilie=th_gagme] ) so I've been playing around with a few freebies I've gotten over the past few years. No go on all of them so far. Except... wait... what's this? [smilie=th_scratch] Hmmm, smells kinda nice in here. [smilie=th_insane] I just might like this one. [smilie=th_aa17] Wait some more... See how it does... Well I'll be darned, my nose says thumbs up! [smilie=th_thumbs20up] High five! [smilie=th_clap1] A good bakery scent from someone other than the very talented Miss Donna at Can-Do! It smells just like a luscious piece of Orange Cream Cake, baked fresh in the oven by LSC. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] Sometimes the simple things are the most pleasing, ya know? :lol:

Gail

MaggieMae - Autumn Morn is SO good! It's not a bakery sniff. I smell autumn leaves, just a little spice and, well....autumn! [smilie=th_pardon] Here's the description - A cheerful fall welcome with the spicy warmth of autumn leaves, cinnamon apples, nutmeg and clove.

Laurie - the party looks like fun! You said the party was early, is her 'real' birthday this week? Tell her we said [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d

Puppy - Awww...poor Hobbit! [smilie=th_cry2yw3] I'm glad he's feeling better. And poor you! It's stressful when our pets aren't feeling well and they can't tell us how they're really feeling. I sure wish they spoke English. [smilie=th_foolish1]

I'm melting PS Pumpkin Cheesecake and it's darn yummy! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] BTW - I also burned a mini Slatkin Caramel Apple candle with the FP Caramel Apple I melted last nite was and the combo was [smilie=th_fabulous1] !

Maggie, [smilie=th_teks0311] re Hobbit. I'm not sure what he did or how. Maybe a pulled muscle or overstretched ligament. He was really hurting but is coming along a bit better now. Thanks again for asking. And how are you feelin', girl?

Glad to hear he is doing better...it breaks my heart to see them in pain. :( Little rascals, they are! [smilie=th_huganimal] As for me...I'm getting better each day and planning on getting back to work on Friday, thanks! :)

It smells just like a luscious piece of Orange Cream Cake, baked fresh in the oven by LSC. Sometimes the simple things are the most pleasing, ya know? :lol:

[smilie=th_sSig_what] I think you might be converting [smilie=th_12E9EC16] ..welcome to the dark side!!! LOL

MaggieMae - Autumn Morn is SO good! It's not a bakery sniff. I smell autumn leaves, just a little spice and, well....autumn! [smilie=th_pardon] Here's the description - A cheerful fall welcome with the spicy warmth of autumn leaves, cinnamon apples, nutmeg and clove.

Thanks Sweet...it sounds perfect and it has apples and cinnamon!!! :) I can't wait to place another order with CFTKR...soon!

Switched to Funnel Fried Twinkies from CCCC...much better!

Last melts of the night:

Passion Melons from CFTKR

Magenta Nectar from CCCC

Pink Frosted Layer Cake from Cozy Cottage

It is a Fall night in my house tonight-

Melting CFTKR Indian Sweet Bread

Burning-

YC Sugared Apple

YC Spice Cake

YC Autumn Wreath

Next up some of Carol's great ZB blends!!

Trep, of course you are warming up! [smilie=th_dd5] It is getting cool again out here (in the PNW, Aria!) Seems like we are always opposites. Guess you were right, Sweet!

Gail - I am not a bakery fan and I have also found some of those orange cakey things to be purdy good!

Candlelove - my stash is big and old, too - and I am surprised at how well most of them have held up. Lots are from 2008/9!

Speaking of old tarts, I also specialize in OOB ones...tonight is Ginger Appletini from Scenic Candles, melting while I pout about not having a Walmart near. :crysmiley1:

Evening everyone! Nice and warm here today/tonite - fabulous! Going to the Red Sox game tomorrow night with Dad and my sister. I haven't been to Fenway is a hundred years despite the fact that I'm a huge Sox fan :lol: Looking forward to it!

Tonite's melts:

LSC Pink Jelly Beans in the living room - droolworthy!!

Cheryl's Rocky Mountain Christmas in the bathroom - so strong - can smell it with the door closed.

TDC Eucalyptus Spearmint in the bedroom - love this scent - clean and fresh!

Have a great night, everyone! :D

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Good Morning going to be real hot today 104 then wed a cool front and i cant wait for the cool.

Today i am starting my day off with Florida orange blossom from tomslitehouse and caramel cinnamon latte from wahm's. Have a great day all.

Melting CFTKR Cider Snap...a longtime favorite

Burning a votive...Scentsible Scents - Prairie House

Have a great day everyone...off to run a few quick errands and then day #2 of painting!chores043.gif

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Good Morning going to be real hot today 104 then wed a cool front and i cant wait for the cool.

Today i am starting my day off with Florida orange blossom from tomslitehouse and caramel cinnamon latte from wahm's. Have a great day all.

Stay cool! I am such a northern girl and could never adapt to 100 degree temps for days on end. We get a few really hot days here, but nothing like what many other areas have to endure. Give me a cold, snowy day anytime!

Sweet and Maggie, thank you and ITA. It's really stressful when our furkids aren't well. In those situations I usually hunker down and observe my kid while the outside world falls away.

I think you might be converting [smilie=th_12E9EC16] ..welcome to the dark side!!! LOL

Uh, thanks, Maggie. I think. [smilie=th_shocked_sick_big] [smilie=th_laughing]

Gail - I am not a bakery fan and I have also found some of those orange cakey things to be purdy good!

Speaking of old tarts...

Hmm, that's interesting about the orange cakes. Maybe they contain a special yummo ingredient?

When you wrote "Speaking of old tarts..." I thought for a second you were going to mention my name. [smilie=th_lol22] Oh never mind. Let's not go there! [smilie=th_paper-bag]

Give me a cold, snowy day anytime!

Aria, you and I are two completely different species! [smilie=th_biqazm1]

Sheila, I hope the Red Sox game was great! I love a good game of baseball too!

Stella, 104??? Wowzers, even here in the desert that's hot for mid-September. Is that a normal thing in your neck of the woods? Stay cool, friend!

This morning I'm melting CCCC's Almond Rum Cake and guess what? I kinda like it! Maybe I am going over to Maggie's "dark side" after all! [smilie=th_foolish1]

It's warm here but there's lots of thunder and lightning so I'm off of here for a bit. Last storm knocked out the electricity in all of our community entry gates. I don't want the same thing to happen to my computer!

Gail

Gail, we're getting the same type of weather here. We had quite the thunder/lightening storm last night. There's still distant thunder this morning with sprinkles here and there. I love it! It's a nice change and temperatures have cooled considerably.

I'm melting Mimi's Autumn Kitchen from Bella's.

[smilie=th_slider_brent] Too funny Gail!!!!

When you wrote "Speaking of old tarts..." I thought for a second you were going to mention my name. [smilie=th_lol22] Oh never mind. Let's not go there! [smilie=th_paper-bag]

Good Afternoon All!

Today it's: Blueberry Cheesecake from Good Stinks...this is from my winnings and I've always wanted to try this company so I'm excited! [smilie=th_200912104451]

Blue Caramel from SH...love this combo!

Almond Macaroon from SH...freebie from my last order and it smells [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Have a good one. :)

Hey there candle peeps! I've been slacking on posting around here lately. Hope everyone is doing well. Today I'm burning YC Autumn Leaves and melting CFTKR's Autumn Morn, which is a dupe of YC's Autumn Wreath. Doesn't say so on her site, but I'd know that scent anywhere! Have a great day!

[smilie=th_slider_brent]

LMBO, Gail!

I'm glad to hear Hobbit is doing okay.

Oatmeal Milk & Honey from Distinctly Pink just started up in the living room

Hawaiian Breeze from Crabby Candle in my bathroom

Other than those, I am sorely slacking in the melter department.

Have a great day. all!

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of weeks. DD's schedule was keeping me crazy busy during the end of summer and then it took us a few days to get adjusted to full day school. Wow, that's a biggie. I feel like by the time she gets settled in at home it's time for dinner in bed.

I hope everyone is enjoying the end of summer. I can't wait for fall to get here. I'm so ready for some cooler weather.

Today's Tarts:

Lemon Lava Cake

Lemon Sugar

North Pole - YC

Misteltoe - YC

Candles:

Be Thankful tealight

Autumn jar

For this evening it is Yankee oil in Vanilla Satin. Yankee is having a sale on their oils--buy 2 get 1 free so I got a new soapstone oil burner and six oils. This one is yummy! Have a great night everyone--it is 100 here again today but they are promising a cold front by tomorrow. I hope they are right.

I'm glad to hear Hobbit is doing okay.

[smilie=th_teks0311] Laurie. He's a little better each day. [smilie=th_yay]

Jason, your avatar is GORGEOUS!

LLVV, good to have you back here, girl!

I'm melting FP Grapes & Huckleberries. I love this one! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Gail