The forum will be undergoing a major software upgrade on Saturday, November 30th, time TBD. Hopefully, there will be minimal disruptions with this process. Stay tuned for any additional updates.

Thanks & Happy Thanksgiving!

Sign in to follow this  
Nautilique

A Mission of Mercy

So all 3 of my DD's are tart-a-holics, but not quite as bad as me.

I had made them all little baskets and put tarts in as Christmas gifts last year and that got them started.

Today I get a call from DD#2 (Avalon), who is on her way to work. She says she was leaving her friend's house and she had her tart basket, she laid it on top of her car and, you guessed it, drove off with it on the roof.

She got out of the neighborhood and onto the main road before she saw something flying off in her rear window. It took her a minute to realize what she had seen, and she was late to work, so of course she calls me.

Now, my DD#1 (Melody) and I get the exact location of the fly-aways and hop in the car to the rescue! A mission of mercy for wayward tarts!

Well, we reached the spot, and sure enough, we see her pink lined basked face down at the side of the road. I pull over and we spent 15 minutes walking the side of the road (busy street, too), retrieving tarts from the side of the road, and Mel even braved a small ditch with water at the bottom to rescue 2 YC tarts we spotted down there.

[smilie=th_create]

The basket was unharmed, but the tarts were a bit melted - luckily they were mostly YC and tightly shrink-wrapped. We even found her YC gel jar car freshner in Pink Sands. What we won't do in the name of great scents.

Avalon owes us!

[smilie=th_5337c1ad]

Wow Laurie! That is above and beyond the call of duty! (And I would have done the exact same thing, LOL!)

I bet she is really happy and I bet she about passed out when she looked out the window and realized what happened though!

[smilie=th_yourock]

Aw, that was so sweet of you and your daughter to do that! (Yes, I would have done the same - the thought of helpless tarts in the street...). I would have been so upset if I had a lovely gift of tarts go flying off my car. :o

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.