The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

August's Heat Wave of Wax

Evening! Gorgeous few days here - warm and dry - awesome sleeping weather!! Gearing up for Irene late Sat. into Sunday - not looking good up this way [smilie=th_th1ptgno] I'm way inland, so no worries there (new moon astronomical high tides - what timing) but man, I hope we don't lose electricity. Going to grab non-perishables tomorrow night, and we'll see what happens. I've been through them before, but it's always freaky getting prepped up beforehand.

By the way, Jim Cantore is already in Providence to cover Irene, so yeah - NOT a good sign. He's The Grim Weather Reaper as we know [smilie=th_laughing]

This made me laugh. :) Yeah, you definitely don't want him showing up in your vicinity, either - lol! I do hope everyone in the storm's path stays safe. I've been through a few myself and it's not fun.

This morning I'm melting CFTKR Coffee Ice Cream. Makes me want to add sweet flavoring to my own coffee which I drink black. :)

Good Morning! emoticon-object-088.gif

ty3.gif for all the nice anniversary wishes! DH had the most beautiful arrangement of flowers sent to the house...pale pink roses. I snapped a couple of pics f6df3ba6.gif...I'll try to post one here later on today.

Glad to hear that those who experienced the earthquake are safe and sound! yikes.png

I am sure hoping that Irene does not cause destruction ... stay safe CF friends!

I don't think I got the chance to post yesterday at all. Had a hair appt in the morning and ran some errands after that. Stopped in B&BW and picked up handsoaps (5/$15) and an Apple Crumble candle. Was busy all afternoon doing laundry and sprucing up the house a bit.

This morning I have one melter started with Carol's Country Kitchen...cute164.gifthis is a great scent especially if you like cinnamon

Gail, Hobbit is so cute....I want to smooch his little face! puppykisses.gif

mpfand, frozen yogurt is super yummers su10.gif

Okay, I am off to the store...need a few things for a new recipe I am trying out. It's like a homemade caramel corn...if it's good, I'll post the recipe!

Have a great day everyone! cute216.gif

[smilie=th_316785e4] This morning it's

Oasis from Cozy Cottage...BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Sunshine Shake from CCCC...need this one as the clouds are starting to cover the sun...looks like a storms brewing.

And I am remelting S&S Sugar Cookie Dough Bread...boy, that has got to be my FAVORITE SCDB scent EVER!!!! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Irene is heading this way, I better shop today or I won't be able to find anything!

Stay Safe everyone!!!

Missed a few days of posting and reading. My daughter turned 12 on 8/23,we went for testing for a new school yesterday and today we are running around again for school stuff.

So this morning we just melting a few things.

Burning YC pumpkin buttercream-not bad but it doesn't smell like either to me. It just smells like bakery somthing.

Melting maple butter by scentsy-another interesting scent. Does'nt smell like a stack of pancakes with butter and syrup.

Melting-sugarmint by CD

I don't care for summer here in CA. But I love fall. It just seems like fall should last as long as summer does.Cool temps,falling leaves,and all the smells that are associated with it.

:hello: fellow wax fiends, er, friends. That little "r" makes all the difference. [smilie=th_laughing]

Aww, what a sweet DH you have, Aria! As always, I love your emoties! And [smilie=th_teks0311] about Hobbit. He is very smoochable! [smilie=yes]

I sure hope Irene doesn't cause a big ruckus. Everyone please be careful out there! [smilie=th_cha60]

Happy Birthday to your DD, Ilove!

I'm melting Haley's Strawberry and I like it a lot. It's got a good throw and smells authentic. No fakey-fakey scent. Janet should change the name to make it stand out more. "Straight Up Strawberry" would be a good description. :rolleyes:

Gail

It is a rainy and nasty day here. Tomorrow should be beautiful before the storm hits.

DH and I are heading to the beach house tonight. The area is being evacuated. We have to bring a car home so it doesn't float away and take everything in off the decks. The house is only 4 houses from the ocean so I am afraid we are going to see some damage. We had plans to stay there tomorrow until Labor Day but can't do that until Monday or Tuesday. Parts of our area here are also being evacuated. We are on an island here also so I hope we don't see any damage.

The last time we had a storm this big at the shore the ocean came up to the house. The island where the beach house is has a bay on one side and the ocean on the other and one time it was flooded for days. I hope that doesn't happen but I am not too optimistic.

Not melting anything at the moment. Hope everyone in the path of the storm stays safe.

Oh my gosh, Michele, I hope things will be much, much better there than you describe! May everyone in the path of the hurricane be safe and pleasantly surprised by a good outcome. [smilie=group_hug]

I'm melting CCCC Pina Colada. On this hot 103 degree afternoon, it's perfect! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Gail

Michelle,thsmileyangel.gif praying everything will be okay and you will be spared the wrath of Irene...take care dear friend.

Melting a tart from my just-arrived-today TDC order...oh my word...Bergamot Spice is heavenly! I think it was katz who raves about this scent! You are right katz girl! rosesmile.gif Bravo!

Okay, the homemade popcorn scramble came out so good that DS#1 and I could not stop "sampling" it! popcornsmile.gifpopcornsmile.gif I made it to take over to a friends' house tomorrow and there is plenty, but it sure is yummy!

Stopped in B&BW and picked up handsoaps (5/$15)

Aria - what type soaps did U get? I've never tried any, so ordered some when I got the mini candles. I got the antibacterial foaming ones and I'm SO disappointed in the scents. [smilie=th_sad2hz1] They all have a strong smell of alcohol, not at all like the yummy scents that the candles have. Do you know if a different type (deep cleansing or moisturizing) would smell better, or since they're all antibacterial, do they all have the strong alcohol smell? I should have just gone to the store, but that $1 shipping got me. Can't drive anywhere for a $1.

And I am remelting S&S Sugar Cookie Dough Bread...boy, that has got to be my FAVORITE SCDB scent EVER!!!! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

MaggieMae - even better than FP's? :blink:

I'm burning a mini Slatkin Cinnamon Sugared Donut candle. The cold sniff on this was one of those 'Ohhhhhhhh [smilie=th_sign0162] ' moments, it's so good. Like walking into a Krispy Kreme store. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Everyone on the east coast keep safe. I'm praying old Irene stays well out to sea.

Stay safe, Michelle, and all others in harm's way. My prayers are with you all.

Well, Cinnamon Roll is NOT for me--it burned my nose and gave me a headache so back it will go on Saturday. I have Yankee Apple Pumpkin and Vanilla Cupcake on now--much better. Have a good night everyone.

Hi everyone!

Tonight I'm burning candles-McCalls Country Store and Goose Creek Macintosh...both are so good and I love the new double wicks Mccalls in now offering,they burn great!

Sweet,Cinnamon Sugared Donut sounds yummy,I think I'll have to add that scent to my next Slatkin order!

Hope everyone in the storms path stays safe and sound!

MaggieMae - even better than FP's? :blink:

I am shocked at myself for saying this...because I LOVE [smilie=th_slider_flirt] FP SCDB immensely...but [smilie=th_sign0162]!!! I would say the S&S one is sweeter...it smells like a sweet vanilla ice cream with cookie dough pieces wrapped up in a warm cone of sugar cookies....YUM! I sat next to the warmer last night sniffing the air for an hour!

I'm burning a mini Slatkin Cinnamon Sugared Donut candle. The cold sniff on this was one of those 'Ohhhhhhhh [smilie=th_sign0162] ' moments, it's so good. Like walking into a Krispy Kreme store.

Sounds like one I HAVE TO try! :)

Tonight it's an unnamed from the bottom of the box..Lemon and Apple Danish...not sure about this one.

Gail, the CD Southern Home is a bit floral and strong. (I have a big tub of their tarts myself!)

Lovescent - I know what you mean about the coffee flavors! I smell these tarts and I want to start adding stuff to my coffee.

Today is Whisper from Kristin's Kandles. It says it should be a "pink herbal essence shampoo" fragrance.

Middle of the night post :lol: Kinda getting freaked out about Irene. We're gonna get the wind side - not good - pray we don't lose power. I have alot to do to prepare - actually think I'm gonna do an online order at Walmart and I'll swing by there to get it tomorrow - much easier to pay ahead and have it ready for me - that joint has been a ZOO from what I've heard. Definitely need a car charger for my Blackberry, but I'm not sure if my car's cig lighter even works :lol: If worse comes to worse, I'll ask the girl downstairs to let me use her car if things are dire. Wanna get a battery operated boom box too. Supermarket trip too for canned goods, more water, etc. EEEK!

Tonite's melts:

Shayz Pink Sugar Vanilla Bean in the living room

Cheryl's Witches Brew in the bathroom

TSC Apple Mango Tango in the bedroom

All smell great! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Have a good Friday, everyone, and stay safe to all in Irene's path!

I'm starting the day with Haley's 'Bear Claws' in the living room and kitchen. I'm not in love with it - way too much almond going on here. I know I'm the minority though. Each time I've given it another chance, I have received a ton of compliments. Go figure! Noses are weird.

Enjoy your Friday everyone!

Good morning and happy Friday

I am melting Frosted Praire kitchen and

this one is great i can smell it and its only

halfway melted.

Have a great day all and stay safe fron the storm.

This morning I'm melting CFTKR Sour Cream Spice Cake.

Jedda, I had that reaction with a Pina Colada tart I had recently. I just wasn't loving it at all, yet everyone who came to the house that day told me how wonderful the house smelled. Just raving about it.

Hope everyone in the storm's path stays safe.

thbullarsmile.gif Good Morning friends!

Melting Lemon Summer Cake from Carol...yummy and lemony!

Last night I melted an OLD tart I had from AMS...Autumn Harvest...holy moly, was it ever strong! I ended up turning the melter off when I went to bed, but it still has lots of scent left in it...wow. Very strong scent...spicy and fall-like!

Aria - what type soaps did U get? I've never tried any, so ordered some when I got the mini candles. I got the antibacterial foaming ones and I'm SO disappointed in the scents. [smilie=th_sad2hz1] They all have a strong smell of alcohol, not at all like the yummy scents that the candles have. Do you know if a different type (deep cleansing or moisturizing) would smell better, or since they're all antibacterial, do they all have the strong alcohol smell? I should have just gone to the store, but that $1 shipping got me. Can't drive anywhere for a $1.

sweet, I am surprised to hear this! I've never really smelled alcohol in the B&BW soaps. scratchinhead.gif I've used them for years, so maybe my nose is accustomed to the scent? I usually get the foaming or the moisturizing ones. Sorry you were disappointed :( What kind of soap have you used before? I've heard that the "antibacterial" stuff isn't really necessary...plain old soap works fine for removing germs and icky stuff.

Well, this afternoon is the last get together for the summer. A group of moms at school all take turns having everyone over their house each Friday during the summer or sometimes we meet at parks too. We all bring the kids and a dish to pass. Summer went by so quickly this year!!!!! Should be a great day...sunny and high of 80 degrees today.

Happy Melting everyone! th26_21_1.gif

Aria~ Sounds like fun Friday for you and your kids!!! :) Enjoy!

This rotten hurricane is causing so much commotion that there was nothing left in the stores last night!!! And it's not even supposed to hit until Satuday night! I usually don't even listen to the weather forecasters since they are usually over dramatic but this one looks like a direct hit for us...a little uncomfortable! I suppose today we will pack up everything outside and store it away... [smilie=th_pullhair] so much work. yuck. Everyone stay safe!

Last night and today...

OMG Apple Pie

Tara's Candle Cottage Fluffy Pink Candy Apple...from my winnings.. [smilie=th_teks0311]

Angel Scented's Brain Fart

Everything smells great and still going strong! :)

DH comes home today. :thyay: Then we have a very busy week-end ahead of us. Tomorrow is a bbq at a friends house, Sunday my nephew and his girlfriend are coming for an overnight visit and then Monday is the kids' first day of school! I'm melting Camu Camu from Scentsy. I didn't want anything too heavy with this darn heat. We've broken records 3 days in a row and are set to do the same today. [smilie=th_u51] The poor a/c never shuts off. I'm dreading the power bill next month.

Sheila and everyone dealing with Irene's impending arrival, I hope and pray all goes well for you! When natural disasters hit, I'm always so concerned for the people, but just as much for all the poor animals, both domestic and wild. :(

Sweet, that's a bummer about your soaps. I haven't had an issue with the alcohol smell. I don't have any answers for ya but I just wanted to say sorry you're disappointed. :wacko:

Aria, what a lovely summer tradition you and the other school moms have started. Enjoy your afternoon! [smilie=yes]

Mpfand, welcome home to your DH! Enjoy your fun sounding weekend! I hear you on the power bill. Ours is going to be shocking too. [smilie=th_thConfus_55]

I'm melting OMG Mango Papaya. I'm having terrific success with my OMG stuff. And I'm learning that I'm mad, mad, MAD for Mango Papaya. In a good way, of course. [smilie=th_31]

Gail